Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2022, 07:43 AM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknj99 View Post
Update: i've determined that the bearings in the front wheel are indeed bad - the bearings on the disc brake side are the worst and what was causing the intense crunching noise. I will work on getting the stock ones out and replacing with the new set i have on order and provide an update afterwards.
Sadly the stock bearings, despite being lubricated externally only lasted 1k miles. Perhaps its just my bike as I havent seen any other posts with this issue.. oh well, at least its another inexpensive ($6) fix not to mention a learning opportunity as i've never replaced wheel bearings before - good times
FYI, you can buy bearings at your local auto parts dealers [ oreillys, napa, etc.] and get going a little sooner than waiting for Amazon. Good luck. If needed we can walk you through the process of removal/installation.

Old 07-21-2022, 08:05 AM   #152

Thanks.. I was able to do the bearing swap successfully but of course in my haste I forgot to install the spacer between on the inside of the hub the bearings and seem to have misplaced it somewhere in the shed
Oh well. It's functional but will have to redo again when it turns up..
P.S. I believe the reason the stock bearings failed was due to overtightening the axle nut. Once it's overtightened the wheel doesn't spin or spin freely leading to failure within a short period of time.

Former China Bikes: Tao DBX1, Brozz 250, CSC RX4, Titan DLX, Templar X

Old 07-21-2022, 01:32 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
If you received it damaged the dealer you bought it from should be able to replace the damaged parts.
I’ve sent them emails trying to get parts but I’m not getting responses back
I did put in a ticket

Old 07-21-2022, 03:16 PM   #154

Quote:
Thanks.. I was able to do the bearing swap successfully but of course in my haste I forgot to install the spacer between on the inside of the hub the bearings and seem to have misplaced it somewhere in the shed
Oh well. It's functional but will have to redo again when it turns up..
P.S. I believe the reason the stock bearings failed was due to overtightening the axle nut. Once it's overtightened the wheel doesn't spin or spin freely leading to failure within a short period of time.
Torquing the axle without the inner spacer puts BAD side loads on the bearings that they aren't designed for. And can fail and cause a crash. Please reconsider your health and safety as you've already had a bad crash over similar issues. Good luck.

Old 07-21-2022, 05:25 PM   #155

Thanks yea.. I've already planned for a replacement set and will be searching the shed for the inner spacer and now that I've done it once will be much easier the next go around

Old 07-26-2022, 09:17 AM   #156

Fix to ensure i never have to worry about my axle nuts backing out again
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20220724_111546.jpg (141.5 KB, 260 views)

Old 08-06-2022, 11:10 AM   #157

Just wanted to provide an update stemming from my saga earlier this year when i crashed due to the rear wheel falling off:

PowerSportsMax really delivered on their customer service on this one! Despite being out of warranty, they sent one of the parts needed that they had in stock and then sent a check for $105 for the remaining items to make me whole again. Also, and this is a huge thank you to them.. after changing the front wheel bearings and then misplacing the inner hub spacer, i reached out to them to see if they had the spacer. They promptly sent me a part in the mail, however, it was the wrong parts and were the axle spacers instead of the hub spacer. I then let them know that they sent the wrong part and again sent the part info from the parts diagram (9-2) as well as a pic, they went the extra mile and sent me a whole new front wheel with tire.. amazing!
Thanks again PSM and Zora!

Old 08-06-2022, 12:09 PM   #158

I have had good help from Zora as well. Zora sent a new in packaging right footpeg priority mail after I sent a picture of the problem. No questions, just new footpeg. My Powersportsmax experience has been great so far.

Quote:
Just wanted to provide an update stemming from my saga earlier this year when i crashed due to the rear wheel falling off:

PowerSportsMax really delivered on their customer service on this one! Despite being out of warranty, they sent one of the parts needed that they had in stock and then sent a check for $105 for the remaining items to make me whole again. Also, and this is a huge thank you to them.. after changing the front wheel bearings and then misplacing the inner hub spacer, i reached out to them to see if they had the spacer. They promptly sent me a part in the mail, however, it was the wrong parts and were the axle spacers instead of the hub spacer. I then let them know that they sent the wrong part and again sent the part info from the parts diagram (9-2) as well as a pic, they went the extra mile and sent me a whole new front wheel with tire.. amazing!
Thanks again PSM and Zora!

Old 08-10-2022, 08:24 AM   #159

I'm about to pull the trigger on an XPRO this week, tired of waiting on my friends. Anyone have purchase issue with XPROUSA?

Old 08-10-2022, 08:53 AM   #160

I know PlumpKibbles bought from XPro and perhaps will chime in on that experience. i think the worst nail-biting part of the deal is hoping that the bike gets delivered properly and without damage, that seems to be less common though sadly..

Old 08-12-2022, 08:34 PM   #161

I pulled the trigger this afternoon, orange Titan DLX. Now the mods begin.

Old 08-12-2022, 10:10 PM   #162

Good show! I'm certain you will enjoy the bike.. keep us posted on how the delivery and setup goes

Old 08-13-2022, 07:25 AM   #163

Quote:
Good show! I'm certain you will enjoy the bike.. keep us posted on how the delivery and setup goes
Can do.

Old 08-13-2022, 09:46 AM   #164

Powersportsmax is the same vendor. I am not sure how/why they maintain separate websites with different purchasing processes. The same bike is available both sites. They sell on Amazon too.

I want the 6 speed counterbalanced 249cc engine, and the fully adjustable suspension roller style throttle and adjustable levers (I do like those nice shorty levers on the Titan). So the Templar X is a good match for me. I will order one today.

I have had good experiences with Powersportsmax so I will probably stick with them for this purchase.

Old 08-13-2022, 11:44 AM   #165

This is pretty cool. I wasn't aware of an Xpro option that had the 250cc engine and 6 speed with adjustable suspension.. and only $300 more than the Titan.. looks to be the best option for sure and cheaper than the similar alternatives.. wish it had been available last year.