Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2019, 10:00 AM   #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
I had a full day of heavy maintenance on the Hawk - pulling all the parts off, detail cleaning, greasing, etc. - in celebration of its first 1000-ish miles.

More on that in my actual bike thread if interested, including shock related stuff with this swing arm, here: http://chinariders.net/showpost.php?...&postcount=148
The short version is you WILL need a shorter shock if you choose to use the mount location of the Brozz swing arm - unless you want about a 2 inch lift.

Anyway, moving on to details about the rest of the fitment.

On the frame side of things - more or less the same with one minor difference in the width of the two pivots. The Brozz swing arm is a bit less than an 1/8th but a bit more than 1/16th inch narrower than the Hawk unit. There could be a few factors at work here, including variances in manufacturing, and I only have one data point to go off of, so results may vary. This doesn't concern me very much as it can be easily solved by a thin washer/spacer or two inside the dust caps to take up the slack. So the fitment here is good.

The length from the pivot to the axle is more or less the same, so no worries there.

Wheel fitment: This is with the Hawk wheel and caliper bracket and the Brozz axle and wheel spacer. The Hawk wheel spacer is actually a little bit longer and will not work.

The only thing I am unsure of is the locating tab for the rear brake caliper of the Brozz swing arm is not a round pin like the Hawk, but instead has machined flat surfaces top and bottom. The Hawk bracket does work just fine but has a bit of play in it. It would be nice to be able to compare the dimensions of the Brozz and Hawk rear caliper brackets to note any differences, if any Blue Eagle owners are willing to humor me.

Unlike the Hawk swing arm, this arm is not splayed open. The spacer and caliper bracket are a very snug fit between the adjuster ends of the swing arm. It is so snug in fact that I may sand down the caliper bracket side just a tiny bit so that it can slide a little more freely.
For whatever it is worth, I consider the stock Hawk swing arm the poorest single part in the whole bike. This simple, but not cheap, change will mke a considerable improvement in the bikes off-road performance, and very likely better on road as well. ...ARH