Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2023, 04:00 AM   #1

Skyteam V Raptor 125

Hi all I've recently bought a 125 v raptor (Vanvan replica) it had a pitbike carb and the egr system has been removed and blanked off.

She starts and idles great on and off choke. Goes slowly through the rev range great but bogs immediately if you yank hard on the throttle. Also runs very rich.

So far I've rebuilt the carb and all jets are clean, the float line is parallel to the casing. The needle is adjustable so I've dropped it down to its lowest level to lean it out but still getting a black sooty plug.

Electrics are good. NGK cap, HT lead screws on central.

Old 05-08-2023, 10:14 AM   #2

Welcome! Is this THE DanDanTheFireman? Could my two moto worlds be colliding? Sadly I'm probably not much help on the issue, if I had to guess with my limited knowledge I would say a main jet is running too rich and maybe could be swapped, since that covers the last quarter of the throttle up to wide open.

Correct me if I'm wrong, that's more of my raising my hand in class with my best answer.

Old 05-09-2023, 05:45 AM   #3

Throttle first quarter

Hi that's for replying. So far it bogs immediately from closed throttle but goes fine slowly through the rev range. Spark plug is fouled black as soot.

Old 05-11-2023, 11:07 AM   #4

The pilot jet handles the first 25% of throttle, so if you've adjusted the needle to make it leaner (which is more of the mid-range of throttle), maybe try swapping that out with a different size.

And again if anyone else can contribute to clarify, I'm going off my limited knowledge of the one time I did carb adjustments.

This video is by far the best I've seen, and explains exactly which jet does what. A bit long but might lend some insight.

Old 05-11-2023, 02:56 PM   #5

What carburetor is it (type and size) and what jets are in it currently?
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Tags
125, skyteam, v raptor, vanvan replica