Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2010, 08:21 AM   #1

Help troubleshooting electric starter on 2007 lf200-iii

Hi everyone. My electric start is not working. I would like to find out how I should go about troubleshooting it to find out which part of it I need to replace. Currently I have to push start the bike. When I push start the bike the engine fires right up everytime. Thanks for any help.

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Lifan lf200-III Electric Start Issue</td></tr></table>

<table style="width:auto;"><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family:arial,sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right">From Lifan lf200-III Electric Start Issue</td></tr></table>

Old 08-01-2010, 04:06 PM   #2

Use a multimeter to check that you have voltage at the starter when you push the start button. If you do, something is bad at the starter, if not, it's up stream. Also, you might want to replace your brake fluid as it looks a little dark in the picture.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:01 PM   #3

Re: Help troubleshooting electric starter on 2007 lf200-iii

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurid3r
Hi everyone. My electric start is not working. I would like to find out how I should go about troubleshooting it to find out which part of it I need to replace. Currently I have to push start the bike. When I push start the bike the engine fires right up everytime. Thanks for any help.
Hi,
As stated, check that you're getting power to the starter and work back up the wires til you find where it is "broken".
Check the battery voltage...should be over 12 volts if fully charged.
If not, you can hook jumper cables to the battery from a car battery and see if that will turn it over. (Don't have the car running). If that works, bad battery.
Check any fuses.
Also try shunting a wire directly to the terminal on the starter to see if it
will turn over. If not, you probably have a bad starter.
Bill