Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2010, 03:29 PM   #1

Help Hensim HS250CR

Hi from Catdog sometimes known as olddog or even baddog. If I can't get some help I may be known as walkingdog!! I have just purchased a new 2008 Hensim HS250 CR. I purchased online from Vbikes in Edmond OK. The user manual calls it a Baja motorsports Phoenix. My problem is: Some times it hard to go to third I have to try 2 or 3 times. Some times when running 45 in 5th it jumps out of gear. I have only put 110 miles on it ( don't have a name for her yet ) but I worn out 3 different honda.
Please let me hear any suggestions.
thanks some kind of dog.[/img]

Old 05-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums!

Lots of help here on the chinabikes and especially the road worthy kind. Not familliar with your model, I'm sure you'll be asked for pictures.

I'm not a tranny guy, but good oil seems to help in these CB's, so that would be the first question is what oil have you been running.

Old 05-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #3

Welcome to the forums!

Check out this thread: http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...er=asc&start=0

It might give you some help. Congrats on the bike!

Old 05-07-2010, 05:03 PM   #4

Welcome to these forums CD; we are glad you joined us.

I have moved your thread to the Street Forum, where you can receive more help from the other owners of this motorcycle.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #5

tranny oil

Thanks for the response. I only have 110 miles on the bike. The oil is whatever came from the factory. What oil should I use, I can change it.
Catdog

I'm not a tranny guy, but good oil seems to help in these CB's, so that would be the first question is what oil have you been running.[/quote]

Old 05-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #6

First things first. Change the oil to a 10W-40 motorcycle oil. If there's a filter change that too. Adjust the clutch. This will usually solve the problem. The Chinese factory 'oil' is really soy sauce with some ginger chicken flavoring.

Old 05-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDoc
First things first. Change the oil to a 10W-40 motorcycle oil. If there's a filter change that too. Adjust the clutch. This will usually solve the problem. The Chinese factory 'oil' is really soy sauce with some ginger chicken flavoring.
Thanks will do feeling better dog

Old 05-07-2010, 08:34 PM   #8

i found a u tube on some of the factory oil refining thought some of you may be interested although i wouldnt try eating it regardless of flavor
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 05-08-2010, 02:09 AM   #9

Welcome!

X2 on the 10W40 four stroke motorcycle oil. I go the synthetic route.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #10

Help Hensim HS 250 CR

From Catdog Thanks to everyone for the inputs. I Diden't have any motorcycle oil. I did change the oil with Valvoline Premium 10 W 40. The bike has no oil filter. I also adjusted the clutch. I had no free play. I now have 3/8" The result is a much smoother take off. I also added a bushing on the transmission shift shaft. It had front to rear motion. This is now gone all motion is circular. Current problems are. It jumps out of fifth and hard to get in third. The neutral indicator is sometime on while in second, and is not always on when neutral. Is a service manual available?
Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.
Catdog PS I wanted to send a pic but dont see how to attach.

Old 05-09-2010, 11:21 PM   #11

I'm impressed with your ability to make and fit a bushing.

Your Valvoline will be fine. 8)

Seems like the simple fixes are done. This may be a shifter fork problem but I really don't know. :?

Somewhere there is a thread telling you how to post pics. Maybe someone will dig it up and post a link for you.

Once we know what you have we can figure out how to get parts and information to fix it.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:46 AM   #12

Based on previous reports, I think the bushing will help your shifting a lot; good job! We would love to see some photos of your handiwork. You can learn how to post photos by reading the following thread.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=6240

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 05-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider
Based on previous reports, I think the bushing will help your shifting a lot; good job! We would love to see some photos of your handiwork. You can learn how to post photos by reading the following thread.

http://www.chinariders.net/modules.p...ewtopic&t=6240

Spud
I loaded my pic to photobucket but still cant get them in to my text in china rider. Dont know what to say. Thanks for the help.
Catdog

Old 05-11-2010, 12:11 AM   #14

Wanna walk through it? Maybe the browser you're using behaves a little differently; I've experienced that.

I find that it works well if you have two browser windows open (Internet Explorer, Chrome, whatever). Open China Riders in one and Photobucket in another. Prepare the message you would like to send in China Riders in one window, and locate the photo you wish to post in the other.

If the photo you select doesn't have options below it (such as IMG, HTML, etc), then click on the SHARE button above the photo. Then click on the GET LINK CODE tab and look for HTML FOR WEBSITES AND BLOGS in FULLSIZE. Left click once in the box to highlight it, right click on the highlighted text and choose COPY.

Move back to your China Riders message, right click in the message body and click paste. That's it.

Good luck!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 05-11-2010, 09:17 AM   #15

I use the two browser method. It works well for me. Also just downloaded chrome so that I can vote more. :wink:

Allen