Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2021, 10:40 AM   #1

Where will I not get ripped off?

I’m looking to purchase two EGL A16 250cc bikes or equivalent. Every online reseller I’ve found with stock has horrible reviews. Many people complaining of not getting their order or a refund. I’d like to mitigate this as much as possible. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Old 03-31-2021, 12:59 PM   #2

Seems that very limited people are getting their orders shipped. I’ve been waiting from Q9 for 3 months now for my order. I’ve checked around and I’m seeing pretty much the same from a lot of different sellers and buyers. Containers are coming in, but very limited stock as far as bikes and ATV’s. Good luck, I would suggest pick one that has decent reviews and make sure they will refund your full amount if you decide to cancel your order and bite the bullet and wait. You will eventually get your bike but might take a couple months at minimum.

Old 03-31-2021, 01:56 PM   #3

I think you're odds are usually better if you buy from a local place.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Last edited by TxTaoRider; 03-31-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Old 05-22-2021, 10:56 PM   #4

I just bought a 150cc scooter "Razor 150" from RedFoxPowerSports in California and they shipped it to New Orleans. I was nervous as hell. I read a Ton of bad reviews on them as well as spoke to a few folks on Youtbue who had problems with them after I made the purchase. I received my scooter in 10 business days (not counting weekends), it was all there with extra parts I needed to assemble the scooter and nothing was damaged. (today is Saturday, it arrived yesterday) The MSO is still in route but it has been mailed to me and I can track it. Your experience may be different but mine was good. They do not like to answer the phone but the online chat seems good, they have correctly answered a few of my questions although they have strange operating hours and all the people you chat with have very fake sounding made up names.

I cannot speak to the quality of the scooter. It's my first two wheel gas powered motor driven vehicle and I don't even have it insured or registered yet so I haven't driven it outside of my own driveway.

They currently have 6, 250cc motorcycles to choose from all manual transmissions which use a 229.2cc engine, one 200 which is a CVT automatic transmission and used a 169cc engine. (A guy on youtube who bought a 200 with CVT is only getting 53mph but the bike is not properly broken in yet. I don't know if this is the norm. Specs on the bike say it goes 65 plus depending on rider and road conditions)

Old 05-23-2021, 08:05 AM   #5

If you can find the equivalent on Amazon, that’s the place. Assuming you have no local dealers.

Old 06-11-2021, 11:53 PM   #6

walmart bought off of them, TX powersports was dealer. Parts missing ,and they done nothing. Walmart returned all of my money, got a free bike TBR7 and loving every minute . Thanks Walmart

Old 06-12-2021, 12:38 AM   #7

Ha, ha!!!!! Great to hear that Walmart realized the buyer was getting screwed and stepped in. TX Powersports got what they deserved. Too bad Amazon doesn't help their customers in the same way. The BIG difference is Walmart has local stores that people trust and buy from every day. Walmart has a reputation built on Sam Walton's honest principles. Amazon is just another "online-only-store" that has a large selection of products gathered from sellers. Many will scam customers. You have to read the RETURN policy before buying anything from Amazon. A lot of these sellers are also on Evil-Bay also or got kicked off then migrated to Amazon.

Old 06-17-2021, 02:18 PM   #8

How did this go down I did see that txpower is selling them on Walmart. But how did the return process go down

Old 06-17-2021, 11:37 PM   #9

Fish Master has a good question. Hey, buzz, care to elaborate how Walmart handled this situation and how you got a refund and was able to keep the merchandise?

Old 06-18-2021, 08:16 AM   #10

I ordered 2 TT250's from CSC in October 2020. My dealings with them has been stellar. The ordering and shipping process was flawless. Tech support is top notch. Everyone I talk to is friendly and willing to go above and beyond for their customers. I am so impressed by the company that I will only buy CSC motorcycles.

2021 CSC TT250 - White (Daughter's) "Gemini"

Old 06-20-2021, 08:39 AM   #11

Hello everyone If not for Walmart would have been rip off.TX Powersports did nothing to get the missing parts i needed to get bike running, brake shackle missing,and dent in gas tank. Battery to big to fit in battery box. I made shackle, trimed air box so battery would fit, and just live with dent. TX Powersports had a chance to make this right, but said everything was on backorder,and didnt know where these would be avaible.So contacted Walmart about my problems and they tried to contact ,TX Powersports, and they got no answer.Would have been happy getting a little bit back say $ 200.00, But walmart returned the total price $1508.00.Checked credit card statement, and sure enough credited to me $ 1508.00. Very pleased, TX Powersports should be outlawed from doing business anywhere. People work hard for their money and the BBB just lets them get away ripping people off. Thought that the BBB people job to not let people get ripped off,BBB should be ashamed. They do nothing to help people! So that what happened ,and so grateful for buying from Walmart. Beware of Manny and so called other dealers he owns, common thief,and BBB lets him get away with this kind of practice . I guess im the lucky one,many others not so lucky. Love this site, lots of help here. Keep up the good work, and i get on this site all of the time.Thanks everybody

Old 06-20-2021, 11:25 AM   #12

Edited. Realized I posted in the wrong thread. AND the wrong forum. Sorry!

Last edited by Its_not_a_honda; 06-20-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Old 06-20-2021, 03:13 PM   #13

Thanks to buzz for the details. Interesting point that if TX Powersports would not even reply to Walmart's request, what chance does the 'little-guy' have? The BBB doesn't have any power to enforce business practice at all. Quote from BBB: "BBB was founded in 1912 and is a private, nonprofit organization focused on advancing marketplace trust." TX Powersports (Manny) doesn't give a hoot about BBB ratings concerning TRUST. The reason the 'Manny' companies are mostly in Texas is because this state tolerates ($$$$) this type of business. I doubt if you reported this problem to the Attorney General in Texas you would even get a response.

Old 06-21-2021, 06:50 AM   #14

PR D Im just lucky that walmart had cheapest price,and i went with them. Just a shame theres so many bad dealers out there just to get your money, and then do nothing to help you with missing or damaged parts. The 2021 TBR7 is a great bike,that i have enjoyed 600 carefree miles, was to be a 2018 model with drum brakes. So everybody lets get the word out there,and put Manny and his buddies out of business.I would love to sell these bikes and parts for my self. I d bet a good dealership would be very profitable.So Manny i hope people read this before buying,and willl be smarter than others that have bought from this thief. Good luck and happy riding Buzz