Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2017, 10:31 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwam Jones View Post
They do not seem to have any physical address listed on their website.

And the BBB gives what appears to be this business an "F".

I am also very interested in the Bashan Storm, but I also cannot seem to find a dealer that doesn't have a horrible reputation with places like the Better Business Bureau.

I don't have a reason to bash this business and this is only my opinion based on what I found at the BBB listing for what appears to be this business. No offense intended.
No offense taken whatsoever. The concern is totally understandable, especially since you're just now getting in to this.

You will find that the vast majority of CB vendors/drop shippers have horrible ratings on BBB. To the best of my knowledge, only CSC has a stellar reputation.

I've purchased from SPS, as did Swampy, and we both were treated correctly. It's really luck of the draw. SPS is in So Cal, as is Powersports Max (very close to each other). Both have bad reps on BBB but also seem to be some of the largest warehouse/shippers.

I'd roll the dice with SPS again just because they were straight with me the first time. Who knows about the second?

Whoever you decide to order from, take their estimated delivery, add a month and be surprised if it arrives sooner.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-26-2017, 10:43 AM   #17

Angry Don't do it!!!

I ordered from them and they where ARE the worst. My bike came with missing and busted parts that could get you killed and the only thing I got from SPS was the run around. I tried working it out with them for a year. At there request I sent them pics and even went to the local bike shop (60 miles one way) to prove the defects and it all was just a stall tactic. They never did and never will do anything to help all they do is bold face lie! You have been warned.

Old 07-26-2017, 01:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
No offense taken whatsoever. The concern is totally understandable, especially since you're just now getting in to this.

You will find that the vast majority of CB vendors/drop shippers have horrible ratings on BBB. To the best of my knowledge, only CSC has a stellar reputation.

I've purchased from SPS, as did Swampy, and we both were treated correctly. It's really luck of the draw. SPS is in So Cal, as is Powersports Max (very close to each other). Both have bad reps on BBB but also seem to be some of the largest warehouse/shippers.

I'd roll the dice with SPS again just because they were straight with me the first time. Who knows about the second?

Whoever you decide to order from, take their estimated delivery, add a month and be surprised if it arrives sooner.
I absolutely understand what you are saying. I believe you too. I'm sure that none of these vendors are 100% terrible, no matter what their ratings on BBB.

But as you said, luck of the draw. That, and the buyer's willingness to accept risk.

In the past couple of days, I have seen several horror stories, here and on other sites for other Chinese vendors. For example, the post following yours. I've read lots of stories of people receiving nothing at all. Or a pile of broken stuff. In some cases, I think the people complaining are not the right kind of buyers in the first place. As some have said here, buying these kinds of bikes really requires a person to have a DIY ethic and a willingness to accept that it won't be plug-and-play, nor can you get away without a willingness to turn a wrench or fix something on your own. I read one person being upset because he could not get a replacement chain from the vendor under warranty. Well, chains are sold everywhere. I get that.

However, here's a great one I saw on FB. Seems a guy bought a (certain brand sold in Cleveland) and when he tried to register it, it seems the MCO was a duplicate of another MCO that was already registered in 2013. Oops.

I haven't read the vendor (a US vendor, not a drop-shipper kind of guy) saying they were going to stand good; instead the buyer is left posting pleas for the person with the duplicate MCO to get in touch with him, and he cannot register the bike; not with the usual tricks either, since a duplicate MCO is denied in EVERY state.

That's the kind of thing that makes me take a step back. I am too old to risk my money on that kind of thing. I can turn a wrench. I can do maintenance. I am not going to pour my money into a purchase that I cannot legally do anything with. That's a non-starter for me right there.

The risk, I am pretty sure, is low overall. Lots of happy riders. Lots of people willing to pitch in and help out (such as in this very forum). That's all on the plus side. But one has to consider the risk if one is living on the few remaining earning years of one's life, you know?

FYI, there are a few Hawk and Magician dealers I've found with BBB A+ ratings, and a few with A and B that I'd be pretty comfortable with. I'm currently saving my nickles and trying to make a decision.

I am not recommending these guys because I have no personal knowlege of them, but this is, IMHO, a good BBB rating:

https://www.bbb.org/wisconsin/busine...n-wi-44150271/

http://www.q9powersports.us/

Some of the things I am looking for when I evaluate a dealer are a physical address listed on the website (I am old, but I'm a US Marine veteran and I have no problem showing up in person if need be to settle an issue), a business license (yes, funny thing, if they pay taxes they tend to be more willing to talk and not run away or ignore), and a BBB affiliation on their website (a real one, not a bogus one). I won't send thousands of dollars to a guy with a website and an 800 number but no physical street address.

Old 07-26-2017, 02:03 PM   #19

As an on-topic addendum...

One of my issues has been that if you buy the Hawk or the Magician, you're betting you can title and register the bike where you live. I saw a Craigslist ad last night for a guy selling his Hawk in NJ, claimed he absolutely could not register it there and sold as such (it sold right away, FYI).

So if you step up to the Bashan models, it seems you get EPA/DOT approval and don't have to run the risk of perhaps not being able to title, register or (perhaps) insure it.

The problem I was having was that I could not seem to find a dealer of Bashan products that did not have a truly terrible BBB rating. As mentioned above, this matters to me. It may not matter to others, but it does matter to me.

However, I did find a Bashan dealer with a good BBB rating. I'm sure there may be others, but here's one that I found:

https://www.bbb.org/sacramento/busin...o-ca-47040294/

http://www.bobcatsmotorsports.com/category_s/284.htm

Anyway, a good BBB rating doesn't mean you won't have problems, and a bad BBB rating doesn't mean you will have problems. They are just indicators of what others have experienced. One thing to note about BBB ratings is whether or not the seller even bothers to respond to complaints. The BBB gives the seller every opportunity to rebut the complaint or resolve it. Some do. Others just ignore it. Well, that means something to me.

Just some food for thought. I'm glad I found at least one Bashan seller who has a good rating!

Old 07-26-2017, 03:35 PM   #20

I wouldn't say that any one Hondoid is a "step up" from another Hondoid. All Hondoids share so many parts it's basically redundant. The CSC TT250 has all the cool stuff on it but bottom line is, it's still a Hondoid...albeit one with great service support, warranty and big parts support.

There are things that one may "prefer", like I want one with the balance shaft motor. I've had a few non-balanced shaft CG motors and they buzz noticeably more than the balance shaft motor. Yet....it's just a preference.

All of the new gen CB Hondoids have much better plastics than before, better frames which they all basically share, better general overall welding and construction than Hondoids of just 5 years ago.

IMHO, the only real "step ups" are either an SSR or some of the new Pitster Pro's offered.....and that step up comes at a price.

Whoever you choose from, I hope it all works out for you. I've heard good Q9 reviews on here, if I remember correctly, and Bobcat is right here in Sac but I've found them to be very expensive for a Hondoid and other quads. I have yet to go by. I may wander in someday just to look.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 07-26-2017, 03:42 PM   #21

Also, as you mentioned, the Hawk may not be streetable. That would be my main concern. That's what makes the Enforcer a little more appealing. Same basic bike, no DMV surprises.

2009 Q Link XP 200

Old 07-26-2017, 05:23 PM   #22

What I meant by 'step up' was basically what you said. You get a balanced motor, or (going back a bit) an OHV Suzuki motor, USD forks, better/different gearing, instrumentation. As you spend more, you get EPA/DOT to give better reassurance about street legal titles and registration and as you spend more yet, you get local 'real' dealers who offer 'real' warranties. With each new level comes more stuff and more expense. You pay the man and you take your chance. I'm all about cheap, and I've seldom see a clearly case of risk-vs-reward. Yet I have to say that at my age, just going all in on the absolute cheapest model and hoping for the best...that's a tough call.

Old 07-27-2017, 07:30 PM   #23

Did get your enforcer yet? I've been waiting since May

Old 07-28-2017, 10:48 AM   #24

No I have not received it and I talked to them again on Wednesday. I asked the guy how they can advertise 2-3 days processing yet its been 3 weeks and has not shipped. When asked how they can advertise its in stock but they keep saying the are still waiting on the shipper the guy got pretty nasty and defensive.

He then went on to tell me that there are people that have been waiting 90 plus days! How is that possible if they are "in stock"?

Old 07-28-2017, 11:14 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwhorter-enforcer View Post
No I have not received it and I talked to them again on Wednesday. I asked the guy how they can advertise 2-3 days processing yet its been 3 weeks and has not shipped. When asked how they can advertise its in stock but they keep saying the are still waiting on the shipper the guy got pretty nasty and defensive.

He then went on to tell me that there are people that have been waiting 90 plus days! How is that possible if they are "in stock"?
I suspect that it depends on what the definition of 'in stock' happens to be. It seems to me that most of the people selling these Chinese bikes are buying them from a wholesaler who imports them in huge containers and then they are drop-shipped from various warehouses around the country to the purchasers address.

So let's say I am dealer A. I make a retail distribution deal with wholesaler/importer X, who gives me a list of the bikes he has in containers either on hand or on the way from China on a ship. I list them as 'in stock' on my website, based on what the wholesaler has told me.

Customer Z buys a bike from me, and I place the drop-ship order to my wholesaler/importer. They send the order to the warehouse, which attempts to fulfill it. If the bike ordered is indeed in stock, then they make a deal with a carrier to pick up and deliver. Because they deal with price points, they shop for the best deal possible. It may take awhile for a carrier to become available. Or, the bike might not be in stock after all or it might have been in stock at the time the dealer put the bike on his website, but then it was sold and he didn't get the word, or if he did, he didn't update his website quickly.

Or it could be that the dealer is a guy making a quick buck on a low-margin item, and that he has little or no concern for what happens after he gets paid. He is not planning to be around for decades. He has no retail showroom, no inventory, probably not many employees, if any at all. He's literally a one-man show with a website and a sketchy business plan.

I'm sure there are lots of other reasons. However, in my opinion, if you go into one of these transactions without doing your due diligence and understanding what you're getting into, you're likely to get burned.

Some other person posting that they bought from XYZ dealer and their bike arrived in 3 days and in perfect condition and they got the MSO or other paperwork a couple days after that, and they mistake *anecdotal evidence* for actual proof that this is the typical way the dealer responds. It might be - it might not be. The purchaser has to do their homework.

"Do you have the item in stock" is a valid question, and you'd think it has an easy answer. However, a better question might be "Do you stock the item yourself and is it physically in your possession?" The seller might still lie - can't stop bad people from telling tales - but it pins them down; the can't hedge their words, it's either yes or no.

Best of luck, I hope everything works out well for you.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:49 PM   #26

Well, still no notice the Enforcer has been shipped. I was told on Friday that they were going to have them out by the end of the day. This right here is why China bikes cant take hold in the U.S.. Its not a matter of people doing the work, its the fact you cant trust any of these company's to stand by their word.

There are no dealer checks and balances.You pull this at Honda and at least you know you still have options to call.

I am seriously having doubts that I will ever see my $1500 without going to court and even then I am sure I will never see it. Sucks....

Old 07-31-2017, 11:09 PM   #27

The biggest issue is that many of these sellers dont warehouse the bikes themselves. The cost to do so can be astronomical, and these bikes aren't big enough sellers to warrant doing so. It's a never ending cycle. More would sell if the shippers were more honest and reliable, but they won't sell enough to warrant holding stock because of the reputation.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 08-01-2017, 03:01 PM   #28

I posted a review yesterday out of frustration...surprisingly I got a tracking number today when I called in. I was actually calling to cancel but figured what the hell I will ask for it again.I updated the review to reflect.

"8-1-17 As promised I am amending this because shockingly I have seen movement. I have received a truck tracking number. I am being told no that they are going to APCS in TN and then shipped out to the customers. I will keep updating and my final review will be when I actually receive it

This was my final post on chinariders.net after 4 weeks of calling and getting the run around. 4-5 months ago...seemed like a great company to buy from. Its a shame it went down this road. Hopefully this will
at least grab their attention. Honesty goes a long way with your customers. Hopefully I can at least still receive the bike but I have pretty mu ch given up on it. If the bike does get shipped before I ask for my refund and it shows up undamaged my review will change some but until then I stand by this 100%.

See below:

Well, still no notice the Enforcer has been shipped. I was told on Friday that they were going to have them out by the end of the day. This right here is why China bikes cant take hold in the U.S.. Its not a matter of people doing the work, its the fact you cant trust any of these company's to stand by their word.

There are no dealer checks and balances.You pull this at Honda and at least you know you still have options to call."

Old 08-03-2017, 03:23 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by goat67 View Post
I got my Brozz from Superior Power Sports. It arrived with a broken side cover which they replaced. It arrived fairly quickly I did wait a few extra days for the MCO.
All in all I would buy from them again.
right, they do not ship the mco until you have the bike, for safety/theft reasons

Old 08-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #30

So what's the difference between the Storm, the Enforcer, and the Hawk? I can't keep track of the differences!

Tags
bashan, enforcer