Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2017, 02:30 PM   #1

remove shark 250 catalytic converter and clamp pipe

I found this clamp, for a muffler or something, could I cut the cat out of my exhaust, (from what I understand the bulge in the piping near the engine) and use two of these with a pipe and some quiksteel or jb well instead of getting it welded?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tmp_13381-IMG_20170610_1324071788952876.jpg (88.8 KB, 199 views)

Old 06-10-2017, 10:59 PM   #2

Why not remove the pipe from the bike, cut a flap opening on the back side of the cat and gut the damn thing like a fish.... Fold the flap back down and either weld it or use your clamp then? I've not had much success with jb at high temps.

" Time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted." - John Lennon

“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
― Thomas Jefferson

"If you don't know where you're going any road will take you there" ....George Harrison song

Old 06-11-2017, 02:31 PM   #3

I doubt an exhaust shop would charge as much as the parts you're looking at to reweld the cat back together.

Old 06-11-2017, 02:35 PM   #4

If you cut the pipe and gut the cat, I bet a local muffler shop would weld it back together for cheap.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 06-11-2017, 07:39 PM   #5

Don't fight the weld. It's the right way to do it, period. IF JB weld works, it WON'T be a permanent fix. Weld it

Old 06-11-2017, 07:41 PM   #6

Hell, where are you jatgm1? You pull the pipe and I'll weld it for free LoL. The welding is the easy part. Your local exhaust shop shouldn't charge more than $10 to seal it back up as long as you don't trash the pipe in the process

Rides a 2016 Bashan 18C with Blue PlastiDip, piped and jetted, USB charger, real-time digital volt meter, faux carbon fiber handguards, 5 COB led headlight upgrade, auxiliary led light bars, and an MSR shift lever with new grips, T6 aluminum handlebars anodized in blue, polished handlebar brace, decals, HD Unibear chain and spoke covers waiting on the always-full mod shelf......

Old 06-11-2017, 07:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWeld View Post
Hell, where are you jatgm1? You pull the pipe and I'll weld it for free LoL. The welding is the easy part. Your local exhaust shop shouldn't charge more than $10 to seal it back up as long as you don't trash the pipe in the process
I'm in Carmel NY, Putnam valley area. If I gut it can u weld it? I'll Google a muffler shop.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:31 PM   #8

I started welding at about 10am and just finished at 9pm. My Lovely wife had a bunch of welding projects lined up for me today, fabbing an arbor, modifying a wrought iron table to hold an umbrella...etc...

You could tossed it on my welding bench and I wouldn't have even noticed, i would have just stitched it up.

I wish lovely wife would have some aluminium projects so I could justify buying a sweet TIG welder.