Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2021, 11:13 PM   #1

Rhino 250 out of the box upgrades.

So I am buying a Rhino 250. The reason I chose the Rhino over the bull was my needs. I need more of a utility rig. I figure the Rhino is more so than the Bull due to the MT over the bulls AT. Better low gear for hauling deer and feed around the ranch. Am I correct in assuming the Rhino would be better suited as a ranch rig than Bull?

Now upgrades right away will be front and rear sprockets, new chain, NGK plug and lights. I'm seeing conflicting reports on changing the carb right away and some saying not too. What would my benefits be over the stock carb? If I were change it I honestly don't want to waste time swapping jets and tuning and doing all that so If I'm swaping a carb I would rather it be an install and go. Any recommendations?

Anything else yall can think of I need to get before I purchase it. I'd rather have all the parts here and ready to go so when it gets here I can do all that while assembling ithe rig.

Any other helpful information would be much appreciated. After reading many threads I can see there is a lot of love for these rigs and another of great info out there from yall.

Old 04-11-2021, 08:43 AM   #2

The stock carb as is will not allow you to have the full power of the engine. It needs to be re-jetted. Some here just do that, others like myself just buy a Mukuni or clone and jet accordingly.

The stock carb is plugged, and screw heads ground off at the important points to be able to tune and jet it right. A little work to crack it open.

Never seen any clear answers here, where to get the jets from, and what sizes work on the Rhino stock carb.

30 pilot, 115 main, 4th notch down on needle will get you in range on the Mukuni/clone. Not sure if its the same for the stock carb.

Yeah 11t front sprocket and 37t or higher in the rear and lots of low end torque for pulling... plenty of diy hitch setups on this site that work well.

Old 04-11-2021, 09:49 AM   #3

Unless they have changed in the last 3 years the stock main jet is a #94 and pilot is a K34. All stock the jetting isn't bad but if you change to a foam filter it's a bit lean. I run a foam filter and stock exhaust with a #98 main jet and stock pilot. 4 years and over 1000 hours like that so far.

It's easy enough to slot the float bowl screws and remove the plug over the pilot screw with a Dremel and a drill.

Old 04-11-2021, 10:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
The stock carb as is will not allow you to have the full power of the engine. It needs to be re-jetted. Some here just do that, others like myself just buy a Mukuni or clone and jet accordingly.

The stock carb is plugged, and screw heads ground off at the important points to be able to tune and jet it right. A little work to crack it open.

Never seen any clear answers here, where to get the jets from, and what sizes work on the Rhino stock carb.

30 pilot, 115 main, 4th notch down on needle will get you in range on the Mukuni/clone. Not sure if its the same for the stock carb.

Yeah 11t front sprocket and 37t or higher in the rear and lots of low end torque for pulling... plenty of diy hitch setups on this site that work well.
So if I were to upgrade the carb to a mukuni would you or someone know the proper jets and adjustment I would need so I can jet it, install it and leave it. My problem is at the end of the days I'm not usually left with a lot of time to tinker. Between work, rebuilding a house and keeping up with my family and Chevelle there's not a lot of time left in my days haha

Old 04-11-2021, 11:06 PM   #5

Yeah I can help.. those jet sizes above will get you rolling. Plenty here have that setup.... most will help you if needed and they are around.

Old 04-13-2021, 10:29 PM   #6

Awesome! We'll I just made the purchase so now it's time to wait. As a soon as the rig gets here I will have those parts standing by to upgrade too. Thank again