Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2020, 06:50 PM   #1

Availability?

Anyone have any info on when these dealers are going to get some stock in?

I ordered the Bull 200 in early May. When I ordered, I was told that they expected stock by the end of the month. Just spoke with them again and now they're saying by mid June..

Issue is, they've got my money and I'm tempted to just buy a used quad now...

Now I'm wondering if the dealer is just giving time frames with the hope something shows up. You would think they would have contacted Tao to get a date.

I know when I've ordered cars, I knew exactly where that car was.. I was even able to track the ship, on the ocean, because the dealer gave me the bill of lading number. It seems these dealers either don't know if Tao has a ship coming in, or they don't care? It's their bread and butter to sell. You'd think they know when they would get inventory.

Anyone have any inside scoop on this?

Old 06-08-2020, 08:02 PM   #2

i orderd bull 200 on may 15 2020 and i email them saying they will ship soon they dont want to tell you theres no invtory in the usa

Old 06-08-2020, 10:11 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
i orderd bull 200 on may 15 2020 and i email them saying they will ship soon they dont want to tell you theres no invtory in the usa
Well there are a lot of dealers now showing the bull 200 in stock. I dont know if its true or not, but I'm seeing it. And I'm talking about dealers that said they were sold out, just a few weeks ago.

I was also googling to see if I cound find anything that came in from Tao and found 3 shipments on 5/31. 2 were listed as helmets and 1 was showing power vehicles. The helmets were for some company called BCS International. The 1 for vehicles was for Tao Motor Canada... so I checked taomotor.ca they're showing bull 200s in stock.

At least I know we're getting inbound shipments.. I was tempted to sign up to be able to see customs info, since Tao USA seems clueless, but in the end I figured its not worth my time or cost and it probably only shows data once it hits customs, not while inbound.

If you hear anything, please share.. BTW, who did you order from?

Old 06-09-2020, 08:17 AM   #4

i orderd from power ride outlet .com i will post how things go its my first atv

Old 06-09-2020, 10:52 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
Well there are a lot of dealers now showing the bull 200 in stock. I dont know if its true or not, but I'm seeing it. And I'm talking about dealers that said they were sold out, just a few weeks ago.

I was also googling to see if I cound find anything that came in from Tao and found 3 shipments on 5/31. 2 were listed as helmets and 1 was showing power vehicles. The helmets were for some company called BCS International. The 1 for vehicles was for Tao Motor Canada... so I checked taomotor.ca they're showing bull 200s in stock.

At least I know we're getting inbound shipments.. I was tempted to sign up to be able to see customs info, since Tao USA seems clueless, but in the end I figured its not worth my time or cost and it probably only shows data once it hits customs, not while inbound.

If you hear anything, please share.. BTW, who did you order from?
That is the same thing that happened with a recent shipment of Boom Vader's. Companies started showing in stock, these were actually pre-sales for a container that was inbound. Good news is you will probably get your atv any day now.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmueller View Post
i orderd from power ride outlet .com i will post how things go its my first atv
Did yous actually come in the other day? If so, hows it looking?

I contacted Q9 yesterday about my order. They're now saying by the end of June, but the shipment was in the US and just waiting on customs clearance.

I'm not sure if I should believe them. Partly because when I said other dealers were starting to show instock and I knew of someone that was getting delivery, they were in a super hurry, asking me if I wanted to cancel my order.

I told them to hold off for now since I don't know if these other dealers were 1st fulfilling pre-orders or if the info changed because they knew Tao was going to make them available within a couple weeks for drop shipping.

Old 06-12-2020, 02:58 PM   #7

Customs can take a while..... possibly with the virus they are letting containers sit for some time just to cook off the virus and play it safe.

Old 06-12-2020, 09:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Racer View Post
Customs can take a while..... possibly with the virus they are letting containers sit for some time just to cook off the virus and play it safe.
How long is a while? I had always thought it was less than a week. I know most of my stuff I've ordered from overseas passed customs in under 3 days and when DHL was used by the shipper, it never waited. It's like there's a DHL only line and they just pass it through.

I understand this is for containers, which is different than a store shipping, but dang.. If anything, you would think containers would fly by customs.. open the doors to verify what's in there or xray it. Have a dog take a sniff then pass it along. And I don't see how sitting at the docks will cook the covid... it's been sitting on a freighter for probably weeks.

At this point, all I can do is wait... I just don't like it that my kid has to wait so long. When I ordered it in the beginning of May, I told him by the end of the month, since that's what I was told. At least he's being patient . As in I give him an update every week and he just says "Thanks dad, I don't mind waiting. I know it'll eventually get here."

Old 06-13-2020, 12:09 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
How long is a while? I had always thought it was less than a week. I know most of my stuff I've ordered from overseas passed customs in under 3 days and when DHL was used by the shipper, it never waited. It's like there's a DHL only line and they just pass it through.

I understand this is for containers, which is different than a store shipping, but dang.. If anything, you would think containers would fly by customs.. open the doors to verify what's in there or xray it. Have a dog take a sniff then pass it along. And I don't see how sitting at the docks will cook the covid... it's been sitting on a freighter for probably weeks.

At this point, all I can do is wait... I just don't like it that my kid has to wait so long. When I ordered it in the beginning of May, I told him by the end of the month, since that's what I was told. At least he's being patient . As in I give him an update every week and he just says "Thanks dad, I don't mind waiting. I know it'll eventually get here."
considering how long it has taken me to get things from bike bandit, rocky mountain atv and amazon I can kinda see it being slow. add to that everybody being bought out of stock as soon as they get any (probably in a big part due to stimulus money and income tax returns) it's probably gonna be tough for a while longer unless we see either a miracle or a even bigger disaster than the ones that are plaguing us now. GOD FORBID.

Old 06-13-2020, 08:47 AM   #10

Usually when I buy crap from China it will sit in customs on the China side for a week... another week on the US side. I think the days of products slipping right through customs might be over. With it being a container with gas powered/emissions related stuff inside might add some time with paperwork and all that is involved. With China getting back to work and filling the backlogs I can imagine customs being backed up a bit.

I would say give it a week or so.... If you are not comfortable with it get your money back. When you try to order another ATV call the seller and make sure they have it in stock and the color you want before you buy. If they don't even pick up the phone .......see that as a red flag as to the middle and after sales service you will receive. That is how I ended up using TXpowersports. They were one of the few that actually picked up the phone.

Used atv's can be a pile of pain... stolen... parts no longer made for them... the name brand ones are generally way more complex.... and on par with working on a car. If you can get parts they are a bit pricey. That is how I ended up with a new Rhino after a couple months searching Craigslist it was the best bet.

If you look on Craigslist there are a couple of vendors in this region that sell TaoTao's just over the boarder in PA and down around Baltimore. Might be worth giving them a call. They don't have websites where they ship nationally and might have a couple sitting around on the sales floor. When I was looking I checked out a used car dealership on 40 around NorthEast and Elkton ... was good to see them in person but they jacked up the price way too high and wouldn't budge.