Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-17-2018, 08:54 PM   #1

Anyone trade their big, powerful, comfortable touring or ADV bike for an RX3 ?

Besides my new TT250, I own a 2016 BMW R1200R. It’s an amazing bike capable of doing virtually anything you want. But since buying the TT, I find that it has become my “go to” bike because it’s so light and fun. My BMW is 505 lbs. wet and although it is very light for its class, it now feels like 1000 lbs. after getting off the TT. By no means am I comparing the RX3 to the BMW but as I get older, the need for speed has diminished. I’m really getting into the less is more philosophy and so I’m intrigued by the RX3 to use as my road bike. I rarely get on the freeway anymore as I live out in the country and just enjoy the twisties. I don’t mind the slow acceleration as it gives me time to smell the roses. I ride 2 up only occasionally when my wife is up for it and that may be the only time where the lack of power may be a factor.

So I’m curious if anyone out there traded there “big” bike for an RX3 and whether you regretted it. Whenever I see an RX3 for sale it is generally stated that the owner wants a bigger bike.

Besides weight, another issue that factored into this crazy thought process is I recently had a rock break the R12R headlight. A new headlight, are you ready for this, costs $1100 and it’s not even LED. That half the price of my TT. OUCH !!

I welcome your input including telling me that I should be committed for even considering such a crazy idea.