Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2023, 10:34 PM   #1

Who manufactures magician 250

I bought one but it’s back ordered. Was researching and can’t find the manufacturer to see if it’s approved for road in mass. Having trouble finding the list also. I am also curious what the newest model year is.

Old 04-12-2023, 08:16 AM   #2

The easy way to check who made the motorcycle is to check the engine #. It will start with 2 letters and there you will see who made it.

Old 04-12-2023, 08:33 AM   #3

The manufacturer is Chongqing Haosen Motorcycle Co., Ltd.. The Magician and Standard Hawk are not EPA approved for street use. They are classified as Dirt Bikes and EPA approved for Off-road use only. Many states will still register and tag them for street use as they will have everything needed to make them street legal.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 04-12-2023, 09:44 PM   #4

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I ended up switching to the Tao trb7. Not sure when the magician would be in. Seems like it may be a better bike anyways. I would think it should be able to reg. For road in mass. Has everything it needs and the site says it’s dot approved and epa approved.
I’m just learning and am looking forward to having a motorcycle again after 30yrs.

Old 04-12-2023, 10:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraphet View Post
Thanks for the info. I ended up switching to the Tao trb7. Not sure when the magician would be in. Seems like it may be a better bike anyways. I would think it should be able to reg. For road in mass. Has everything it needs and the site says it’s dot approved and epa approved.
I’m just learning and am looking forward to having a motorcycle again after 30yrs.
I think the only advantage of the Magician is probably seat height, for shorter riders, but they have several disadvantages, from what I have seen on YouTube, and this forum. From what I gather, they take far less common rear sprockets, and the carb is not easily accessible, and it seems like the welds break , either easier, or more often. I think they have gas tank issues more often as well.
I have both a standard base model Hawk, and a TBR7, and I have them both road legal here in West Virginia, but I think that technically the TBR7 is probably the easier one to get registered, if you either live in an area were the DMV is stricter, or maybe just have to deal with an employee who is a stickler , because the TBR7 has a metal placard attached to each side of the swing arm, declaring that it is approved, and declared safe for highway use, I forget what the other placard states, but something similar . My Hawk doesn't have either placard, just the VIN stamped into the neck of the frame

Old 04-12-2023, 10:28 PM   #6

Thats great, love mine a 2021 TBR7 4800 miles.

Old 06-12-2023, 02:37 PM   #7

If you're overr 5'8 the you made a good move to the TBR7. We own a magician, but only because my wife is 5'2. I ride a kpx 250 (that pretty much requires you to be 5'11 or taller).

Tags
magician 250cc, manufacturers, massachusetts