Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2021, 10:46 AM   #1

Yamasaki Ghost 50cc bike

Hi all- I have a Yamasaki Ghost 50cc supermotard bike

YM50-e, 139FMB GY6 style horizontal engine, manual gear box, 4 speed. It is a Grom clone styled bike.
Edit: it is an MC 156-50

I need to get a new dual port air filter, but I cannot find anything that looks remotely like what I have on the bike. It's carbureted (You-All 19mm Carb, left hand manual choke) but it looks more like a Grom clone, even matching the Grom air box and breather tubes. I need a new gasket for the box itself.

I am uncertain if I actually need both of these tubes connected to the air filter or not. The Grom is fuel injected and mine is not.

1 tube appears to be a crank case breather tube and the other.. I'm guessing.. Maybe EGR.. Something for emissions.. Not very certain about this.

The air filter is separating at the boot where it fits over the carb so I'm trying to replace this and see if sealing that crack does anything for me. I would like to put on a pod filter but I cannot find filters with 2 ports.. Only single port.

Another issue is that the gas cap doesn't seem to fit snuggly on the tank, so I'm looking to purchase a new gasket for that or a new cap (locking cap with key). There's a little bit of wiggle, unsure of performance effects.

I'm trying to post pictures but they are all bigger than the 193kb limit, so please bare with me.

Thanks all

Last edited by 4T_Goblin; 06-19-2021 at 02:53 AM.

Old 06-16-2021, 11:44 AM   #2

Gy6 engines are belt drive ,variable speed ,possibly with reverse if it’s in an atv ,nothing at all like a grom .

Old 06-16-2021, 02:15 PM   #3

Here are some pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20201122_215815858_compress47.jpg (141.3 KB, 245 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210531_184306857_compress41.jpg (149.0 KB, 260 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210616_014534419_compress54.jpg (146.4 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20210614_223038_compress59.jpg (152.2 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20210613_214312775_compress38.jpg (157.7 KB, 216 views)

Old 06-17-2021, 04:30 PM   #4

After more research it appears that the nipples are for the crankcase breather tube and the EGR or PAIR valve.

I have seen online some people using small filters at the end of their tubes, so if I switched to a pod filter over the carb then I could feasibly put a small separate filter on the end of the breather tube, after it runs through a T-splitter, 1 way going to an oil filter and to a catch tube, the other going to the new small filter.

As for the EGR valve tube, I have seen filters with single nipples for a Tao Tao Hellcat that would be alright fit, and the airbox could be replaced with a Grom box if I needed to.
I have also read about people capping the EGR, I don't need it for emissions... Thoughts?

Anybody have experience with these systems?

Old 06-17-2021, 07:17 PM   #5

After more research it appears that the nipples are for the crankcase breather tube and the EGR or PAIR valve.

I have seen online some people using small filters at the end of their tubes, so if I switched to a pod filter over the carb then I could feasibly put a small separate filter on the end of the breather tube, after it runs through a T-splitter, 1 way going to an oil filter and to a catch tube, the other going to the new small filter.

As for the EGR valve tube, I have seen filters with single nipples for a Tao Tao Hellcat that would be alright fit, and the airbox could be replaced with a Grom box if I needed to.
I have also read about people capping the EGR, I don't need it for emissions... Thoughts?

Anybody have experience with these systems?

Old 06-17-2021, 07:19 PM   #6

As suspected ,you do not have a gy6 ,rather it’s a standard pit bike Honda horizontal clone .You can go to an auto parts store and pick up a pcv valve for a car that can go on the little line ,that’s a common way to do that and is only a few dollars .You don’t need an oil filter,just loop the line towards the ground behind the engine .The egr system can just be thrown in the trash .A pod filter is fine ,just rejet the carb to suit .

Old 06-18-2021, 05:47 AM   #7

I dont have an answer, but what a cool little bike!
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 06-18-2021, 10:58 AM   #8

Thanks Bruces

The reason I thought it was GY6 is because researching the engine model said it was a GY6 style. But it's not necessarily GY6, more that it's a Honda clone.

The EGR or PAIR valve has so many tubes...1 going back to intake manifold, 1 going to air filter pre-carb, 1 to or from exhaust manifold... So many tubes.. Hard to really pick which part to cap.

All I want to do is get a replacement filter but I cannot find filters with double nipple on them.

If I did add a pod, can you point me in the direction of some good sources of information on deciding which size jet to change to

Old 06-18-2021, 10:59 AM   #9

TxTao rider-

Thanks, I thought so too. It does seem to share some parts with Hellcat, but not the parts I'm looking for at the moment.

Old 06-18-2021, 01:58 PM   #10

https://www.vmcchineseparts.com/prod...ce-version-582

This is a link to an air filter for a Tao Tao ATV, but it has similar dimensions to my current filter.

It has 1 nipple so I would likely keep the crankcase breather tube and plug the EGR system.

The EGR system has a lot of tubes..3ports would need plugging

I don't want to change too much about the bike... The carb is plugged age not very serviceable, so changing carbs might be something I do, but I want to try and get a proper air filter on it before rejetting and changing too much.

Old 06-19-2021, 03:14 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
As suspected ,you do not have a gy6 ,rather it’s a standard pit bike Honda horizontal clone .You can go to an auto parts store and pick up a pcv valve for a car that can go on the little line ,that’s a common way to do that and is only a few dollars .You don’t need an oil filter,just loop the line towards the ground behind the engine .The egr system can just be thrown in the trash .A pod filter is fine ,just rejet the carb to suit .
Bruces- which little line are you referring to for the pcv valve? It's for the crankcase breather, right? The littlest line I have is the EGR tube coming from the exhaust manifold