Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2019, 12:59 PM   #1

What’s a stock Vader like?

I’m thinking of getting a Vader to putt around and was wondering how is a natural Vader? Is It a ok bike stock? I would like to have some fun with it before I figure out how to change a carb and all that but I don’t know if it is going to be unusable stock, also what bolts do I have to loctite specifically? Or is it every bolt I see.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:42 PM   #2

First question back to you would be what is your intended use? As in, what kind of roads/streets/boulevards/etc. are you intending? 55 MPH and faster freeways, for several miles, are probably not quite this bike's forte. Even modified, although you could probably get away with a 55 MPH road from time to time for shorter trips.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-24-2019, 09:34 PM   #3

Mostly 30-40 mph an hour roads I’m based in Staten Island NYC so the only 55 mph Road is the expressway which I don’t plan on using

Old 07-24-2019, 10:12 PM   #4

Stock should work for those kinds of speeds. The next reason to do light modification(s) would be for reliability reasons. The stock carb is reported to not be reliable, BUT people generally change out the carb and exhaust before their bike is broken in; in other words, I don't recall any member having a broken in bike complaining about having fuel delivery issues. Most change their carb because most want/need/desire a bike that can hit 50+ mph. As far as locktite goes, yes you want to locktite as many bolts as you can get your hands on, but there are some bolts that members have changed out for genuine Honda Grom bolts. I am sure you will get a few to chime in on this thread.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-25-2019, 07:19 AM   #5

I have 2 Hellcats. Essentially same bike as the Vader. Only performance mod is a 17t front sprocket. I did get better performance after cleaning stock carbs and as they break in.

If you are willing to spend the time correcting quality/assembly issues, these are great toys.
See mine and others posts.

Old 07-25-2019, 07:56 AM   #6

My bike ran fine on the stock carb. would run 55 mph for extended periods of time. The 17 tooth sprocket is a must though. Even if you are not mechanically inclined it is a simple mod. As far as locktite, I would do every bolt you can ha ha. I made the mistake of not using loctite on some of my exhaust bolts and it ended up snapping the studs, needed a new motor.

Old 07-25-2019, 09:23 AM   #7

Ok, what sprocket does the bike come with, and does the 17 tooth hurt the torque or is the drawback so little it dosent matter

Old 07-25-2019, 09:32 AM   #8

It mattered for me....first gear was practically useless stock. After sprocket it made a big difference.

Old 07-25-2019, 01:02 PM   #9

Switching to the 17t front sprocket wont noticeably affect the torque unless you plan on stunting .,and it will make super low / short first gear actually usable One thing i would strongly recommend is, if the gas in your area has ethanol added , and almost all gas does, you need to replace the stock gas lines out ASAP to a silicone based line, the ethanol in our gas eats up the fuel line from the inside causing it to flake which can stop up your fuel filter or worse, carb jets.

It's a really cheap fix for 2 to 5 bucks.

Other than these two mods there is no reason you cant enjoy a Vader right out of the box ,and you can do both for under 20 bucks total.,where you go from there is up to you.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-25-2019, 01:50 PM   #10

Ok thanks for the advice the gas would have been a disaster if you haven’t told me, do I just find a grom 17 tooth sprocket or something, I was thinking of buying from Kronikracing, do they sell them?

Old 07-25-2019, 02:43 PM   #11

Call Kronik. You will be glad you did! They will give you a good price on the Vader, as well as have mucho knowledge on them. Pete, the owner, told me he is kind of the de facto r & d for Boom/Baodiao, and having some glimpses into the Chinese motorsports industry, I believe him. These bikes used to be notorious for having issues (mostly with electronics) out of the box (although the members were able to sort them out), but now, not so much. Pete said a lot of the quality issues were sorted out at the factory thanks to his constant input here in L.A.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-25-2019, 11:47 PM   #12

I second Culcune, by all means call Kronik, they have never let me down and i have used them a lot. And , because they deal directly with Vaders you can rest assured the sprocket WILL fit . I'd buy the Vader from them if possible, but they will help you even if you get it from Venom Motorsports . All that said a 7t sprocket for a Grom off ebay "should " fit, mine did with no problems, but i didnt know about Kronik when i got it or i would have gotten it from them .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 07-26-2019, 04:06 AM   #13

If u weigh over 165 u will be better off running a 16t front sprocket. If less than 165 I would run a 17t. It's really personal preference. I'm 160 and have tried both and I liked the 17t better, higher top top speed at less rpm.
Protaper se x110 bars/grips
1/4 MotionPro throttle
Kepspeed Braced swingarm
Chimera rear hub assy
Grom Intergrated tail light
Superlite Sprockets 17/32
custom made from Japan
Chimera Swing Arm Bolt
RK MXZ Chain #420
All Balls wheel bearings
Motodynamic fender eliminator
Coremoto ss brake lines