Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2019, 01:20 AM   #1

Replacement plastic for Hellcat and other clones

I've read Grom 2014/15 plastics fit the clones or at least the the Hellcat. Has anyone here used Grom plastics on their clone? Were there any problems? Links to other cool plastic that bolts on would be appreciated. I've been googling a bit but haven't found much. I really like the way the Hellcat plastic looks but I don't think it will stand the test of time.

Old 03-31-2019, 08:26 AM   #2

I haven't changed too much plastic yet , but i can tell you that a OEM Grom Gen2 front fender definitely fits a Gen2 Vader .BizMoto or MotoJimbo over on YouTube ( i forget which it was but they are easily found by search ) completely replaced every bit of plastic on a Gen1 ( same as a 2014/15 Grom ) Vader with OEM Grom plastics and did not mention any fitment issues .

The only Grom clone models that might have issues using Grom plastics is the ones that have the "Ducati clone" bodywork ,since there is no Grom that looks like that.
There are , however certainly Chinese Grom clones that look exactly like the Gen 1 ( 2014-15 ) Grom, and like the Gen2 Grom ( 2016 to present). The key thing is to make sure you are ordering Gen1 or Gen2 bodywork , i ordered a Gen1 OEM Grom seat but it will NOT fit my Gen2Vader - my own fault , i should have ordered one that fit the Gen 2 bodywork .

So, if your Hellcat isnt that Ducati looking design, with the trellis frame pieces on the side, then Grom pieces will definitely work , if you make sure to order the Gen1 or Gen2 style you need. If you have the Ducati copy version, i really dont know what might fit ,if anything maybe front fender .
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 03-31-2019, 12:58 PM   #3

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
I haven't changed too much plastic yet , but i can tell you that a OEM Grom Gen2 front fender definitely fits a Gen2 Vader .BizMoto or MotoJimbo over on YouTube ( i forget which it was but they are easily found by search ) completely replaced every bit of plastic on a Gen1 ( same as a 2014/15 Grom ) Vader with OEM Grom plastics and did not mention any fitment issues .

The only Grom clone models that might have issues using Grom plastics is the ones that have the "Ducati clone" bodywork ,since there is no Grom that looks like that.
There are , however certainly Chinese Grom clones that look exactly like the Gen 1 ( 2014-15 ) Grom, and like the Gen2 Grom ( 2016 to present). The key thing is to make sure you are ordering Gen1 or Gen2 bodywork , i ordered a Gen1 OEM Grom seat but it will NOT fit my Gen2Vader - my own fault , i should have ordered one that fit the Gen 2 bodywork .

So, if your Hellcat isnt that Ducati looking design, with the trellis frame pieces on the side, then Grom pieces will definitely work , if you make sure to order the Gen1 or Gen2 style you need. If you have the Ducati copy version, i really dont know what might fit ,if anything maybe front fender .
Everything RedCrow said!

If you do have a Razkull / Ducati clone...Ice Bear Little Monster (PMZ125-2) plastics are a direct swap for the Razkull & vice versa, along w/ Venom x21r / x21rs (which are just rebranded Boom Lil Duc's BD125-8) for anyone wondering. I must say though, you get what you pay for. SSR Razkull plastics are made so much better than Ice Bear. But 1/2 the price.

If you're looking for OEM Grom style plastics for those bikes, that will set ya back a lot, bikebandit.com. I believe msx125accessories.com also has pieces but they'll be aftermarket. Some carbon fiber pieces are sick!

Not sure why you might need plastics if you just got your bike but if you're looking to mess around and paint or whatever and want cheap plastics for a GEN 1 style body check out Partskit.com under TaoTao Hellcat 125.
https://partskit.com/product/search/...lastic%20Parts

Old 03-31-2019, 01:02 PM   #4

Thanks guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du_you_copy? View Post

Not sure why you might need plastics if you just got your bike
My bike arrived with damaged plastic, (among other things).

Old 03-31-2019, 01:47 PM   #5

That sucks bro, sorry to hear that. I'm still rebuilding and repainting after mine got stolen, wrecked then recovered back in the fall. Took forever to source some parts for the Razkull. Give Pete at Kronik Racing a call, he can get most plastics ordered quickly & cheap.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:42 AM   #6

What du you copy said on Kronik Racing, they are my "go to " guys when i need parts or even advice for repairing or modding the Vader ( or other Grom clones) , they have never let me down. They know what fits and what don't and will hook you up ,they are great guys , i got clutch spring s and brake pads from them ( upgrades from stock parts) when no one else even knew what would work or where to get them ,Venom did try to help me but said they'd have to order them and it would be several weeks and it would be stock pieces - called Kronik and got them both for less $ and delivered in 4 days,and better than stock ones.,which is what i wanted, to upgrade not just replace stock ones.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 04-01-2019, 08:14 AM   #7

Bizmoto swapped out all of his Vader plastics for OEM Honda Grom plastics. He said fit and finish are much better. I don’t know if the Honda Grom plastics are thicker or just a better material. Check out Go Grom. They offer OEM plastics and some carbon fiber too.

http://www.gogrom.com/body-panels/oe...lor-conversion

It’s $230 for a full set, boomerangs included. I just checked them out and they Have a promo code for shipping.

Keep us posted!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat

Old 04-01-2019, 08:58 AM   #8

One of the benefits that I think is a big consideration before buying a clone is how easy it is to get parts.

For the icebear fuerza, taotao hellcat, and Boom Vader (1st gen), grom (1st gen) plastics swap on.

For Boom Vader 2nd Gen, the Grom SF plastics swap on.

If you're looking for good deals, try the site kirbo7106 posted... or eBay and/or local grom groups/classified on facebook.

Old 01-02-2020, 03:01 PM   #9

Anyone use these on a Hellcat? Other clones?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-MSX-M...wAAOSwQG5ZvL5S

Old 01-02-2020, 05:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by flhellcat View Post
Anyone use these on a Hellcat? Other clones?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-MSX-M...wAAOSwQG5ZvL5S
They fit on Hellcat and other Gen 1 clones but requires the plastic underneath you can't see to be replaced.

Old 01-02-2020, 07:55 PM   #11

Thanks for the info.

Old 01-02-2020, 08:19 PM   #12

For whatever reason I like the Hellcat plastic better than the Grom plastic as far as looks. If only it was higher quality.

Old 01-03-2020, 04:58 PM   #13

Are there any websites that sell the plastics for the Ducati clones? I've tried looking but I didn't find anything yet.

Old 01-03-2020, 08:15 PM   #14

Did some reconstruction of stock plastic with JB weld. Also took a Dremel to screw/bolt holes that weren't aligned with frame mounting points.

Hopefully plastics stop disinigrating.

Old 01-04-2020, 05:36 PM   #15

Ballistic Plastic

My brother has made molds and made items from ballistic plastic in the past. I could check with him on prices. If I’m not mistaken, you have to remove all of the decals and imperfections in the molds to make perfect copies. It might still be cheaper to get Honda Grom plastics from Taiwan.

Enjoy the Ride!
-2016 Hawk 250 - Kitty Hawk - eBay exhaust, Mikuni carb(120 main/30 Pilot), airbox mod with K&N filter, digital cluster, total LEDs, 17/45 sprockets, RK chain, Shinko 244 tires, trunk, aftermarket levers, burrito tube, skid plate, Sargent Cycle Seat...
-2003 HD Sportster 100th Anniversary
-1999 Buell X-1 Lightning - Race kit, Buell Seat