Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2019, 12:16 AM   #16

So the speed hub thing is broken. It came broken. I'll have to try and get a new one. Hopefully it's not a huge issue, but if the speedo is the only issue, I'm good.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:21 AM   #17

Glad you were at least able to identify exactly what the issue is , that can be the bigger part of the headache chasing these things down, now that you know where the problem is you can work on getting a replacement part.I'd try the Seller you bought from first and if that fails let us know and maybe we can help you chase down an aftermarket source / supplier. My guess is it being a low cost piece the Seller won't dodge too much on honoring a Warranty claim for sending you a new one at no cost.,I am sure it is "theoretically" covered as all these bikes at least supposedly come with some form of Warranty against broken or missing parts or early failure of same.,the trick is getting them to honor it heh.
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 06-15-2019, 12:23 PM   #18

$12 and available.

https://partskit.com/product/search/...ering%20System

Hopefully your dealer can make it happen for free.

Old 06-15-2019, 09:40 PM   #19

Man.. heard a rattle and since I had loctighted everything I could get to it bothered me.
While I was finding it, I figured out the rack that came with the bike attaches to this area.
Started to pull the rear fender and then the metal bars that support it so I could put on the rack and locktite the bolts. Well the last one just spun, the didn't;t weld the weld in bolt. What a PIA. I ended up drilling out the bolt and was able to drop the support. Got everything and the rack installed with the 3 remaining bolts and started to try to get an actual normal nut and bolt into the 4th hole. Holy crap man.. there is literally a metal box almost around where the nut would go. I have tried griffing the nut with a pair of needle nose pliers and the reaching up and turning the bolt. impossible,,, gonna need a 2nd person... I hope no other welds were forgotten on this thing.

Old 06-17-2019, 08:33 AM   #20

After sleeping on it and thinking about the missing welded nut for a night, I figured out I could get a locking wing nut into the tiny gap I needed to get a screw down into the area of the missing welded in nut. I actually used a set of long needle nose pilers that grasped the wings, and I taped the handle under tension so that I coudl slide the wing nut in place while looking down through the hole on top. When it was centered I started the bolt and whammo, I got it, and it's now tight and locked in place.

The bike is together and rattle free, rack mounted and solid and the bike is running well. I sent a warranty request for that speed sensing hub, the internal rig is destroyed, the magnet ring just spins (ears are gone) so hopefully they send that.

Also I really like the quietness of the stock pipe. This is the perfect event bike. (Going to Vintage Days at Mid Ohio again, and you NEED a good pit bike)

Whoever decided to put the petcock so high up and behind the intake is a moron, but I'm sure when I'm bored and have some time I can remedy that.

I have a Genuine Buddy 125. That scooter is a workhorse. The quality is awesome. I have a friend who has one with 25,000 miles on it and all he has done is change oil, brakes and the CVT belt 1 time.

I really hope this Hellcat's motor is at least 1/2 as good as my buddy... and lasts..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg grim.jpg (101.9 KB, 359 views)

Old 06-17-2019, 10:33 AM   #21

I think you will likely find the longevity fine given your intended use, about the only thing

besides regular oil changes you need to do is valve adjustments for these little engines and you should be golden. Keep an eye on your stock chain tension, they ain't much and they stretch a lot when new , quicker than you'd think. Think about replacing the stock fuel lines with silicone based ones pretty quick, the ethanol in most all our gas here in the U.S. degrades the stock lines really quickly which can cause all sorts of issues .
Other than that you should be all set , bike looks nice and should serve you well,

enjoy yourself at Vintage Days that should be a blast !
2020 Orion RXB250L

Old 06-18-2019, 01:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
I think you will likely find the longevity fine given your intended use, about the only thing

besides regular oil changes you need to do is valve adjustments for these little engines and you should be golden. Keep an eye on your stock chain tension, they ain't much and they stretch a lot when new , quicker than you'd think. Think about replacing the stock fuel lines with silicone based ones pretty quick, the ethanol in most all our gas here in the U.S. degrades the stock lines really quickly which can cause all sorts of issues .
Other than that you should be all set , bike looks nice and should serve you well,

enjoy yourself at Vintage Days that should be a blast !

Getting fuel lines this weekend.

Dumb question, but which way is choke on? Either way dosen;t seem to effect the motor too much.. and it starts right up.
Is it the lever all the way forward? (towards front wheel) or all the way back (pulled towards back wheel)
I can hear the flp moving, but didn;t want to take off the inlet to see..

anyone?

Old 06-18-2019, 07:14 PM   #23

Choke is off when forward towards front wheel. I never use on both of mine either.

I did see the flap does close almost completely when engaged and mine will bog with on.

Old 07-08-2019, 10:25 AM   #24

Well Hellcat made it all 5 days at Mid Ohio Vintage Days. Drove through tons fo mud and water, and started everytime. It did great. It defiantly slow as hell compared to a Grom, but it did what it was supposed to do and it got me 150 miles around during the trip.

Added a windscreen for more of an "adventure bike" look. Next some knobbies.. and maybe some fake KTM graphics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pig.jpg (100.2 KB, 236 views)