Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2014, 06:26 PM   #31

made it back in one piece! i didn't have any big problems, though had a really strong side wind on the way home. learned not to park in the grass on a hill, bike tipped over and cracked the mirror. lol and caught my heel on the seat getting off once and put a rip in it! didn't think i caught it hard, must be cheap fabric or i caught it at just the right spot. guess my bike has character now.
was really good off road, much smoother riding than i expected. and my speedometer says mph, so hoping that was right because thats what i used. went 55-60 for a few miles on the highway heading out/into town. gets blown around pretty easy but could handle it. my odometer is what i think is in kilometers.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:30 PM   #32

I am leaning toward you hitting the seat in the right spot--my old '09 bike's seat did not rip or weather in the 18 months I owned it, and that included about 6 months of 100 to 100+ degrees hot, sunny days during our summer and spring--including sitting directly in the sun while it sits at work. Once, when the chain had fallen off on the way to work, my friend helped me retrieve the bike, and it fell over in his truck putting a small tear in it (again--after 18 months of owning it) since it was not tied down properly. Ironically, this friend owns an awning and upholstery business, and I never had to ask him for a favor, although if I get the '09 roadworthy again, I might just do that.

The new TMEC, in my opinion, has better material, so I am surprised to read you ripped it, but must have been because you hit it at the right spot vs. cheap material.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 07-13-2014, 09:22 PM   #33

yeah, was right on the 90 degree edge and i felt the corner of my heel just rip into it as i pulled it down. its cool with me, been looking for a place to get some duct tape on it!

really happy with the bike, got up to 60 mph no problem and i don't need any more than that. ride felt good, even on dirt roads and in the fields.

looked at replacement mirrors, is it just the standard 10mm thread right?

Old 07-13-2014, 09:37 PM   #34

Speedometer is in MPH but the odometer is is in Km. I matched it to GPS.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:31 PM   #35

alright, so my tmec came assembled. give me some pointers / pics if possible, on taking the seat off, and what order the plastics come off and any tips for making it easier. right now i just want to take the seat off so i know i can if i need to get into the battery. and any of the plastics if i need to tighten any bolts or check anything for maintenance under them… just so I'm ready when the time comes and not posting this later and waiting for a reply. going to order some new mirrors, see i can get the same one that came with bike, a pair for 10 with free shipping on amazon. but I'm taking the computer outside with me to hold up pics of some other ones to see if i like any better.

i like these two, but they are a little bigger. any problems I'm not seeing with getting them a little bigger? i know it was hard to see much with the stock round mirrors, but they did their job - till i cracked one. the first pic is $24 with free shipping, and second is $17 with free shipping.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 31sVOl+9QmL._SP160,160,0,T_.jpg (3.1 KB, 357 views)
File Type: jpg 31A34dAztmL.jpg (15.1 KB, 169 views)

Old 07-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #36

If you are planning to ride off road, I highly recommend the Ken Sean/Bikemaster Folding Mirrors. I have these mirrors installed on all my motorcycles, and I love them. Avoid the Emgo copycat mirrors, they are inferior in several ways. However, the Bikemaster mirrors are virtually identical to the Ken Sean mirrors, so shop around for the best price.

http://www.powersportsuperstore.com/...tm?Click=35177
http://www.amazon.com/BikeMaster-Fol.../dp/B000WKEWES

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 07-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #37

ok, i ordered those mirrors! thanks for the tip. like $25 on amazon, thats where i buy most everything off the internet. i also want to change my foot pegs, and ideas or preferences on that??

found a video on youtube (my go to guide for fixing everything!) on how to take a seat off. took screw out of back plastic then seat snapped up. assuming same on tmec?? and my battery will be there right?

Old 07-15-2014, 11:29 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by footer View Post
i also want to change my foot pegs, and ideas or preferences on that??

found a video on youtube (my go to guide for fixing everything!) on how to take a seat off. took screw out of back plastic then seat snapped up. assuming same on tmec?? and my battery will be there right?
Years ago, when there were pretty much the same GY200 bikes sold under several different 'brands' (most of them were interchangeable) someone discovered that the foot pegs could be replaced by KLR650 pegs. Not sure of these, but if you have access to borrow someone's KLR footpegs, see if they fit.

The battery is accessible under the left rear cover (left next to your left leg when sitting on the bike). One screw to take off the panel, but where it attaches to the front panel, pull it out since it is attached by a simple knob in a hole. The rear is in a groove. Look it over first, then unscrew the body screw, and see where it attaches to the front panel, and pull firmly, but not too hard so you don't break it. The battery is there.

If you want to take the seat off, you need to take off the right rear panel the same way--again, it is attached to the front panel by a plastic peg, so you need to pull firmly, but again don't break it. There is a bolt on either side of the seat (10mm) so take those off. The seat needs to slide back (slide it towards the rack) to release it from the two hooks near the front.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #39

thanks culcune! yeah i kinda saw on the one panel i had to add a bar to, that they had inner grooves n such that slide in out up or down so thats why i wanted to ask. ill look in to the pegs sometime, not a huge deal, just something ill get at some point. looked at some on amazon and most seem to have similar setup just have to get the same size I'm thinking.

went tp the dmv today to get title and register bike. when wade sent me the mso, he asked how i wanted it filled out. i had no idea and said however you normally do it. but apparently there isn't enough info on there to do it. ill have to call wade and see if he wants me to fill out his part or send it back to him. i guess according to the mso, wuxi tmec power technology co still owns the bike. he needed to fill in his company info with dealer/distributor license number, odometer reading, etc… and who he was selling it to. the only bad thing about it is that i had to drive 45 min each way to find this out…

i did get my temporary motorcycle license though! and can still ride it on the atv trail, and the trail has routes through town that go just about everywhere - just have to drive on side of the road and only go 15 mph…

Old 07-27-2014, 09:13 AM   #40

culcune, going back and reading all the things i still need to do to the bike, and remember you 'greasing' the speedo cable. also, can't find it again, but think i saw the same with clutch cable? what do you grease it with? and if you can explain it a little more. i know you said unhook and pull it out, just wondering if its that simple and self explanatory once i get into it. going out now to cut the low riding reflector like pristine did, it does look much better! i knocked that reflector off anyways while riding thru tall grass.

Last edited by footer; 07-27-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Old 07-27-2014, 02:13 PM   #41

brake light!!

ok so was out messing around checking out the exhaust n stuff, and noticed my brake light is constantly on!! whats up with that?? i tried pulling out on both brakes n such, something simple??

also, just for reference, say i was going to order a part, that i wanted to upgrade - is their a model i can punch in that would fit what i have on the bike? from what i hear the bike is based off honda right? so could i punch in a certain model and year honda and have the parts fit? or is each piece different and some may fit from some models and others from different models?

Old 07-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #42

The brake light sounds like a slight problem, but one answered most likely by someone here who knows what to check, or call Wade tomorrow--I never had this happen to me, so cannot answer it.

As far as the speedo cable--unhook it from the hub on the front wheel. The cable inside should be able to be pulled out. I have a can of chain lube (an aerosol can) which I spray on the cable part (it pulls out of the tube which surrounds the cable). Then shove it in until it can longer be pushed, and then tighten the cable to the hub on the front wheel. I do have a small can of grease which I bought for my friend's sister who bought a 50cc scooter from Wade when I bought my bike, so perhaps I will use that instead rather than the chain lube. I would guess the hobby store has the chain lube, which you should have anyway for your chain.

Honda parts don't necessarily fit with the exception of a few odd bits and ends. It all boils down to a case by case situation as far as parts go. Electrical parts, like relays and CDIs are specific to the TMEC as far as I know, although there are some universal Chinese ones that might work, and some that look identical but don't work since they are for other models (i.e. somone mentioned buying a CDI that was made for a bike that has a remote control starter making his bike operate a little strange since his bike did not have a remote control starter option.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Last edited by culcune; 07-27-2014 at 06:02 PM. Reason: addition of information

Old 07-27-2014, 06:20 PM   #43

ok i googled the problem and saw a few things to check, but just wanted to hear what you guys said first. what i read to do is disconnect the switches on hand and foot brake to see if either one corrects the problem - then might be a bad switch. or possibly just adjusting the two bolts on the foot brake which i looked at but didn't know which way would be adjusting it, so I'm going to look on you tube. i went into the excalibur parts page for the tmec and you were right about that helping my find where the parts are - so i should be able to find the two switches myself. not sure how long the brake light has been stuck 'on' just noticed it today.

ill get the grease n chain lube, and to be sure, the cable only unhooks from the wheel, not up in the speedometer?? what does the greasing do for it? do the same for the clutch?

also, what does the cdi do? I'm going to order some extra parts like you guys have been doing, lol. do they have the parts there or have to order them from china?

*** youtube is awesome, at least showed me what to look for. the front brake switch that gets pushed in when you pull hand brake, then releases to turn light off - was loose and at an angle, so the lever wasn't hitting it and turning it off. simple!

Last edited by footer; 07-27-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Old 07-27-2014, 09:41 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by footer View Post

ill get the grease n chain lube, and to be sure, the cable only unhooks from the wheel, not up in the speedometer?? what does the greasing do for it? do the same for the clutch?

also, what does the cdi do? I'm going to order some extra parts like you guys have been doing, lol. do they have the parts there or have to order them from china?

*** youtube is awesome, at least showed me what to look for. the front brake switch that gets pushed in when you pull hand brake, then releases to turn light off - was loose and at an angle, so the lever wasn't hitting it and turning it off. simple!
Forgot about the clutch cable--I have never lubed it, but did end up going through a couple with my old bike. There might be an alternative clutch cable as far as parts go--maybe even a Honda part. Someone might know, but they are fairly specific for each model due to how long they are. Their length plays into it.

Good to read about the brake light. I never had that problem, so good to know what to check for if I do.

CDIs kind of control the bikes electrics. My '09s never had a problem. But my new one did one morning just as I arrived at work. The bike died and would not start. There happened to be a thread here about someone having a similar issue, and someone mentioned the CDI. I took my '09's CDI with me back to work in the evening, but forgot the key to try it out. Since I drove myself, even if I had started it, I would have had to leave it, since I was alone. I changed out the CDI, and left the bike just outside the prison's front gate for the next morning.

The next morning, my coworker took me to work, with the key, and she started right up! I had failed to bring my helmet or sunglasses with me because I did not think the CDI fix the evening before would have solved it, so rode it 16 miles home after work with no head or even eye protection. Fortunately, no cops saw me (remember how I said everyone drives 70-75 mph in a 50 zone), because in Arizona, one is supposed to have eye protection at a minimum (or a windshield), since we aren't required by law to have a helmet.

I ended up having a CDI sent under warranty, but paid for one, too. Plus, until and unless my '09 sells, I have that one as a third spare! I have my '09's clutch cable as a spare, too, and I have a brand new spare speedo cable from my '09 because that bike did not have the hub to attach it to, so I never had a speedo for that bike.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 07-28-2014, 09:21 AM   #45

I am quite sure that your brake light issue is just an adjustment that needs to be done to the rear brake. After use these cheaper master cylinders do not return to the same position and if it is set right on the edge of activation then it never shuts off. See the attached picture. I circled in red the rear brake adjustment bolt. Turn it in to allow the lever to have more travel which should allow the activation of the switch in the master cylinder.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brake adjust.JPG (18.4 KB, 143 views)