Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2018, 10:08 PM   #31

Maine

Maine - Successful (note, in Maine bikes can be registered via the local town office if they are authorised to do so). Mine was a used but unregistered bike bought in New Hampshire, and I just presented the cert. of origin, insurance binder and bill of sale. Walked out with a plate and a registration tag, but still had to get its annual inspection, as I would with any other bike.I keep thinking it must have been illegal, because it was much too easy

Old 03-20-2018, 11:59 PM   #32

I got my Pitster Pro LXR250 titled & tagged in NC a couple of months ago.

I was afraid it might not go through, but the nice lady at the DMV said "no problem".

Old 09-11-2018, 02:12 PM   #33

Maryland MVA registration and titling for the Bashan Storm 250.

The company I bought it from "Smart Deals Now" in TX, goes by about 30 names it seems, was able to fax a "new" Bill of Sale to the MVA. My guess is that they wanted to see if it was a real company and not just some person selling them.

Long and short 304 bucks later and three trips (one of them my fault) I was able to get it registered.

Maryland needs:
1. Good MCO/MSO. Ask your seller for a good MCO not the one that ships with it.
2. Bill of Sale on Company letterhead. Best to have them fax them to your MVA office.
3. Proof of Insurance.
4. Your Class M license.

Old 12-20-2018, 10:37 PM   #34

Head Scratching Wisconsin DMV

If anyone is buying a Hawk 250 in Wisconsin don't bring your paperwork to the DMV. They tried looking it up in their system and told me it was an ATV and it could not be licensed in state. Fortunetly Q9 Powersports in Madison, which is where I ordered mine online, is currently working on getting me plates now. I would encourage anyone in Wisconsin to buy directly from them and let them handle the registration process.

It was funny. The lady at the DMV told me I should return the bike.

Old 12-26-2018, 12:21 PM   #35

Pennsylvania
While I have not tried to register a bike with PA as of yet, I have done a lot of talking with PA, inspectors, and with others that have registered bikes with PA. However, that only makes me someone with an opinion and not of authority. Even so....

1. A number of folks in my area have been looking to convert their quads into street legal reverse trikes, or as PA calls them: autocycles. PA has repeatedly stated that if a vehicle has a VIN or certificates that desginates it as an off-road vehicle, no amount of modifications will allow you to make it a street vehicle. In short: You purchased a quad, it still remains a quad and cannot be used on roads (and other places).

2. Getting a bike from an online dealer or via overseas via some place like alibaba.com is going to be next to impossible to register in PA. Three things you'll have to do:

a. Have the sales receipt, b. Have the MSO/MCO, c. Have the California Carb compliance certificate.

Now regarding CARB, PA has recently gone to CARB compliance. This caused problems with some cars that were registered in the past year in other state having to get a firmware upgrade in order to comply (Kia being one of them - it happened to me). This CARB mandate also affects all imports such as bikes and reverse trikes. I have talked to three bike inspectors and they all say this is required.

3. Save up your bucks - its going to cost you! PA is terrible with registration fees, fees for this, fees for that, fees for being ugly (just kidding, but they would if they could and boy would I be in trouble). In short: having to register your new bike in PA could cost you hundreds of dollars. If you build a bike with imported parts you'll need MSO/MCO for each and every part, evidence you actually built the vehicle, money for the state police to verify everything and insure your ride is road worthy, and that is all before you even talk about getting it titled and tagged. One guy in New Castle, PA built his own and it cost him over $1,500.00 to get through the whole process.

4. You can't ride/drive it there. They will report you if you drive your ride to the inspection place or to the state police inspector's place. So be sure to have a friend with a truck and/or trailer to get it to each of the places.

5. If by astronomical chances you survive all of this, is it really worth it?? For me: No. While there are some nice looking Chinese bikes and reverse trikes I'll either buy one that is already in the state and titled and tagged, or I'll get the Can Am Ryker - which is where I'm leaning right now.

Closing:
Your ride must be CARB compliant. Have tons of paperwork, depending on what you bought and how you bought it. If you have to assemble it things will only go from bad to worse for you. The best way to get a chinese bike is to find one already tagged and titled in another state and buy it. PA then says thats OK as it has already passed some form of government approval and can be registered in PA. However, if the VIN is screwy, regardless of tags and title, you'll might hit a snag in PA.

Old 12-26-2018, 05:08 PM   #36

I must be lucky then. I was out the door in 10 minutes with my tag. My MCO was from a Texas dealer, so they didn't even blink. My PA title came in under 2 weeks. L vin didn't matter my bike was in the computer and populated the info for the lady. I watched over her shoulder. That was a surprise !

But I've only done this once
2018 Hawk P&P Decked .040 off the head. 17/43 D.I.D. 428, NGK Iridium plug, DeCat, Wrapped pipe, Custom S.S. Muffler core, Nibbi PE30 115/35, L.E.D. Lights, Digital Cluster, USB port, Cutting Bord skid plate, Oil cooler w/ custom CRF oil filter inline, 5Wt fork oil, Rear Shock, CNC Back Rack, 30mm FAT bars, Bark Busters, ProGrips, Adjustable levers, Shinko 700’s lots of Loctite!

Old 05-19-2019, 02:57 AM   #37

Can anyone tell me if I am able to register my RPS Magician 250 in the state of Kentucky?

Old 08-01-2019, 05:48 PM   #38

Is it a problem to get title in the state of Arkansas

Old 09-17-2019, 07:46 PM   #39

2020 TBR7 registered in Indiana

I had no problems getting a 2020 TBR7, bought from txpowersports titled, plated, and registered here in NE Indiana. Just handed them the BOS, MCO, and my (progressive) insurance card. The lady did look at me funny and asked if it was a scooter, told her "Nope, it's a 250cc motorcycle." Took about 20 minutes, we verified the VIN and I was on my way. Do be aware though that you will have to pay Indiana sales tax since it was purchased from other than Indiana.

Old 09-25-2019, 05:53 PM   #40

North Dakota all I needed was MSO and Bill of Sale. Took 10 minutes for my Magician.

Old 09-27-2019, 07:21 AM   #41

Smile Pennsylvania Registration

Fyi...
No issues getting plates in PA for Hawk 250

Purchased from TX Powersports and recieve MCO paperwork.

Brought the following items to the local auto tag place...
- MCO (notarized)
- Receipt from TXPS
- Insurance information
- VIN number
- $250.

Recieved a pink copy of the MV-1 registration form. The original copy of the form went to the PA DMV. Waited 4 weeks. Received a call from the tags place that my plate and registration was in and picked it up.

...super easy

Old 10-04-2019, 11:57 AM   #42

South Carolina

I'M looking to buy a hawk 250 and live in SC. Anyone on here have any trouble with registration in sc?

Old 11-15-2019, 09:32 PM   #43

NJ registration

Anyone succeed with a NJ registration of a 250 Enduro? 150 Scooter?

Old 02-08-2020, 01:39 PM   #44

I'm wondering the same thing now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmoe16 View Post
Can anyone tell me if I am able to register my RPS Magician 250 in the state of Kentucky?

Did you have any problems registering it?

Old 02-15-2020, 04:29 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcgee View Post
Well. its a no go in Georgia now, they want an officer to verify the NHTSA label, My VIN number is invalid according to them and Gieco. TXpowersports was of no help at all. This brand damn new bike is no good to me now, nothing I can do.
Just ride the bike, deal with the problems when they come. What’s the worst they can do to you?