Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Registration Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2019, 05:03 PM   #1

Plate Stolen

I had my Magician parked in the garage, and I'd taken side panels and exhaust off for maintenance. They were laying on the floor beside the bike. I didn't get around to putting it back together 'til today, so it's been sitting there for a week, cold and raining here every day. Put it together, started it and was warming it up for a ride when I noticed my license plate was gone. Somebody actually came in the garage and stole it.

Old 10-05-2019, 05:54 PM   #2

If city, county, or state law enforcement utilize license plate readers . . pretty good odds of eventual detection.

Old 10-06-2019, 11:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magician16 View Post
I had my Magician parked in the garage, and I'd taken side panels and exhaust off for maintenance. They were laying on the floor beside the bike. I didn't get around to putting it back together 'til today, so it's been sitting there for a week, cold and raining here every day. Put it together, started it and was warming it up for a ride when I noticed my license plate was gone. Somebody actually came in the garage and stole it.
Miracle they didn't take anything else. Darn thieves!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 10-06-2019, 02:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
If city, county, or state law enforcement utilize license plate readers . . pretty good odds of eventual detection.
Magician16, you did report this, correct?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-07-2019, 08:27 PM   #5

Could it have fallen off on your last ride and you didn’t notice?

Old 10-11-2019, 11:52 AM   #6

I reported it, and I had to get another plate. I had it bolted on one side with a heavy zip tie holding the other side. The cut zip tie was lying beside the bike.

Old 10-11-2019, 05:36 PM   #7

Getting a plate stolen off a street bike is a pretty common thing and here's why. A guy might have a bike that is a little iffy and can't get a title for it. Or maybe he's like me and doesn't like pulling over for a cop when he knows he can just twist the throttle and be gone in meer seconds.

For a year and a half I rode my KZ650 around with a plate so old it had some rust on it and hadn't been stickered for 7yrs. I had this cop follow me all the way through the city of Marietta and when we stopped at the last light he turned on the lights. I gave him the universal peace symbol and engaged the warp drive. Seconds later he was nothing but an unpleasant memory on an otherwise pleasant day.
2011 Honda Foreman 500ES 4x4
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400

Old 10-12-2019, 10:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLeggedRider View Post
Getting a plate stolen off a street bike is a pretty common thing and here's why. A guy might have a bike that is a little iffy and can't get a title for it. Or maybe he's like me and doesn't like pulling over for a cop when he knows he can just twist the throttle and be gone in meer seconds.

For a year and a half I rode my KZ650 around with a plate so old it had some rust on it and hadn't been stickered for 7yrs. I had this cop follow me all the way through the city of Marietta and when we stopped at the last light he turned on the lights. I gave him the universal peace symbol and engaged the warp drive. Seconds later he was nothing but an unpleasant memory on an otherwise pleasant day.
Excerpts from the onelegged chronicals!
A family that works together, plays together, shoots and trains together, and sleds together, stays together. Second amendment! SkiDoo sleds, NOW 2 TTR225, and a BMS250. A couple of quotes (we are not farmers) "I don't get off the farm much" "Am too old school" I call the china bikes "the china syndrome".

Old 02-03-2024, 05:22 PM   #9

Resurrection of this old thread. I just got off the phone with my son. He's using my truck in North Dakota while I'm in Chandler, AZ. It's a 2001 Ram 3/4 ton. His wife was driving the truck a couple days ago because her car needs repair. She noticed that even though a current registration was in the center console, the tabs on the license plates were from 2020. Somebody stole the tabs off the license plates. Probably used a razor blade. Now I think I know who stole both the tabs and the motorcycle plate. Next door neighbor's son is most likely the culprit. When I get back, I'm going to check his plates.

2016 Magician 250