Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2018, 02:07 PM   #1

New Build Thread for New Model ATV !

I just ordered a new Chinese ATV., it appears to be a Chinese knock off of a Yamaha Raptor 250 .The one i bought is marketed as a EVATV-250R ( this link to Ebay item https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-EVATV-...72.m2749.l2649

I also found the same Quad online , described as this http://crossfiremotorcycles.com/prod...ang-evo-3-atv/

I have thus far been unable to identify what the actual Chinese Builder/Source for it is , if anyone knows please post here . This Quad states it has a 4 valve head ,and the current Raptor from Yamaha has a 2v head, and overall it looks to be a competitive sport quad.In any case, I will be starting a YouTube channel to cover the assembly of it once it gets here, and I will also do Videos on performance impressions, reliability / durability and any mods i do to improve it . I will be as impartial and objective as possible so feel free to join me both here and on YouTube,I will also revisit this thread and cover the same aspects.

If anyone has a 2017 or 2018 Model of this ATV please add your information ,and i will post here as to the name of the YT channel for this as soon as i finalize getting it set up and ready.

I'm hoping this ATV turns out to be as good a "find" as the Hawk has been

2 wheeled riders ,being a decent machine for a very low price ,but we will see!

Anyways thanks for reading and i look forward to the build as well as hearing from all of you here at Chinariders !

Old 06-25-2018, 03:13 PM   #2

Never seen or heard of that brand. But the motor on it us your standard Honda clone that is we proven to be just fine when taken care of properly. That's a sweet quad man. All wheel drive brakes, digital gauges, mikuni carb. Vir a about the same price as a 150cc coolster. Let us know when you get it and get it going. That thing really looks well built in the pictures, but won't know for sure until you put those tires on some dirt.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:14 PM   #3

The description says it has 2 valves. I don't know where you read 4 valves.

Old 06-25-2018, 03:26 PM   #4

put a supercharger on it!! 8psi

Old 06-25-2018, 05:15 PM   #5

zackattack91 - The first link appears dead now ,but if you click the "crossfire" link, it states 4 valves . I have been able to track down this ( original Chinese ) Supplier on Ali Baba for what appears to be this ATV ( KAXA motos ) at this link and it also states 4 valves :https://kaxamoto.en.alibaba.com/prod...250cc_ATV.html

I guess I will find out when it gets here , 2v is what the Yamaha 250 Raptor has so I'd have been good with that but it says it has 4v .,although there are a few engine options if I am reading the Zong Shen ad right . Anyways I don't want to throw shade when none is due and I am not sure yet but I have encountered possible complications with the purchase and am now not certain I'll ever see it at all .Once i know for sure I'll post that information with details so others can be forewarned.

Old 06-25-2018, 07:21 PM   #6

I sure the 25% tariffs coming on July 1st don't help either. Glad I got my Bull 200 when I did.

Old 06-26-2018, 01:48 PM   #7

Well, as a follow up things are still looking bad for the first Model I started this thread about ,so I have started looking at this now https://www.arlingtonpowersports.com...otor-max-7.htm

It says it's a water cooled 250 with 4 valve head and looks pretty sweet ,it's 500$ more than the one i originally tried to buy but then again this one can actually be confirmed to exist ,is tied to an actual , real Shop that has a brick and mortar store and a telephone lol.

Last edited by RedCrowRides; 06-30-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Old 07-07-2018, 07:51 AM   #8

love the additional information

Additional Information
Colour Blue