Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2022, 12:14 AM   #1

headlight aiming on the RX4 ???

Hi guys....
I hopped on the RX4 and was going to take it for an evening ride ...turned on the headlight and it hits the wall of my house about 10 ft off the ground now...
so I went and got my metric Allen wrenches and loosened the screws on each side of the headlight and tried to twist it downward but it would only go about 1/4" so I tightened up the screws again and figured some one on here would know how your supposed to adjust the headlight.... there is probably another bolt that has to be loosened to allow it to tilt further but I have no idea where that might be at.....
has anyone had the headlight off the RX4 yet ? HAHAHHAHA !
Bob.......

Old 07-05-2022, 02:42 AM   #2

Well, now I really screwed it up.... I was going to lower the front some more...
that would help in the headlight aiming and handling too... as I only had it down 1.25" from stock. and sense I lowered the rear 2" ( or more) I should have the front 2" lower as well... so In the dark I decided to lower the front but one of the Allen head bolts didn't want to come loose on the lower triple tree
and the Allen wrench didn't want to fit in there correctly ( I suppose that is where I sheared off the swivel ball off my Allen set sockets at)
anyway, I drove my long Allen wrench in as best I could and put a long wrench on it to try and brake it loose and it just ripped out the octagon in the bolt head
....and that may be near impossible to get out and replace ! AURGH !!!!
...no doubt I need to get the front lower again but I'll have to get that bolt out now.... this is not looking promising at all ! LOL
I think I zigged, when I should have zagged ! LOL
I may have to disassemble the whole front fairing and dash just to get at it better ! and I am not looking forward to that !

Bob.....

Old 07-05-2022, 09:26 AM   #3

The headlight is secured by three bolts, one on each side and one coming up from the bottom. I find it much easier to get to that third one if I remove the fender. The third attachment is where you get the up and down adjustment for the headlight.

Old 07-05-2022, 11:13 PM   #4

thank you Kind sir ! (no wonder it wouldn't move!)
but I did have success in getting the tripple tree pinch bolts loose and I got the front lowered the needed 2"
so everything is looking UP ! or should I say Down ! HAHAHAH
the bike looks short and squat now.... looks like the ground clearance is about 5~6" at max now....
.... now I just have to have enough energy to take it for a ride !

Bob.....

Old 07-06-2022, 11:34 PM   #5

I went ahead and took off that 3rd bolt underneath the headlight but it still would not pivot downward... the bracket was hitting the plastic on the headlight so I bent the bracket about 1/4" down and then I got about 30 degrees of movement out of it !
so then I pointed the headlight to where it "Looked right" and then tightened the side bolts and left it at that .... that bracket needs to have a slot in it not just a hole odd that they didn't fix it right from the factory ! I am sure the 2 side bolts will hold the headlight secure, as all my other bikes had only 2 bolts holding the headlight on.... and that worked fine till you dumped it into a tree or bush ! LOL
but under normal riding I am sure that will be fine !
so headlight fixed !
lowering fixed ( i think)
suspension sort'a fixed.... good enough anyway...
and seat height fixed....
so she's good to go !
Bob........