Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2020, 07:27 PM   #1

Question Pioneer Powersports in Grand Prairie TX

Hi! I'm a new poster, but I have been reading Chinarider for several months as part of my research before I buy my first bike in forever. I live in DFW, so there are a lot of businesses here that sell Chinabikes, and Ricky Power Sports (RPS) is HQ here. I'm going to start riding again, and will post in the proper forum for that.

As part of my planning I did some research on the web. It looks like RPS imports most of the Chinabikes that places sell as drop-shippers. And there are several in the Dallas fort Worth area. What I need help with is to stay away from "Manny" type dealerships since I will be buying in-person, fully assembled and just dont have the patience to deal with run-around. Do y'all know if "Manny" type service is still an issue for a lot of these places in DFW that get their bikes from RPS ? Places like TXPowerSports and a lot of others in the area appear to be run by the same people (websites appear to be the same template, and a lot of them are in Irving/Arlington).

I think I may have found one that isn't. I drove by Pioneer Powersports and checked their website - can any of y'all tell me if they are a "Manny" dealer?

The reason I ask is that I traced the distribution chain to see how these dealers are linked. RPS is the core. Based on US Customs records, it looks like RPS has a fairly active import licenses for the factories in China. (I found others in other areas, like Peace, as well). RPS gets a lot from Chongquing Haosen Motorcycle Co Ltd.. I found that they they got 67 foot containers of motorcycles and parts in the past, and continue to do so now. For example among the latest:
Quote:
67 foot standard container with seal CCLU7464659 containing 96 count "Off Highway Motorcycle" loaded in Shanghai on July 19 onto the merchant vessel COSCO OCEANA (Hong Kong flagged vessel). It docked in the port of Long Beach CA 2020-08-03
The cargo was exported by
Quote:
CHONGQING HAOSEN MOTORCYCLE CO.,LTD
NO.7, XISHAN ROAD,
BISHAN DISTRICT,
CHONGQING CITY,CHINA
TEL:+86-238(I deleted the rest so as to not doxx the company)
and imported by
Quote:
RICKY POWER SPORTS, INC. (also known as RPS)
2425 CAMP AVE.#100,
CARROLLTON, TX75006
Tel: 972-
(I deleted the rest so as to not doxx the company)
ATTN: MARCO (I deleted the rest for privacy).
So if you're waiting for a shipment to come in for an RPS sourced bike, you probably dont have much longer to wait. By the way if y'all find this sort of data useful, let me know. I used to work with tracking ships, cargo and other intelligence items of interest for a 3 letter government agencies in a previous life. It used to be difficult, but now its all public records anymore if you know where to look and what to look for.

Anyway - whats the word on Pioneer Powersports in Grand Prairie for Hawk250 buyers? Thanks!

Old 08-09-2020, 04:31 PM   #2

I have heard negative things about them as well, but keep in mind the bad issues are more related to mail-order. I don't recall anyone who has bought directly from a dealer, or I am guessing there wasn't a lot of drama so it might have been mentioned in passing. If Texas is anything like other states, I am assuming the dealer does the registration and all the paperwork involved. Paperwork, or waiting weeks for it, are one of the bigger complaints from people mail-ordering bikes. Some mail-order dealers NEVER have issues, whereas some take 4+ weeks as a rule. Yes, in these times of turmoil, it would be nice if you can keep track of what is coming!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 08-09-2020, 08:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdabenne View Post
By the way if y'all find this sort of data useful, let me know. I used to work with tracking ships, cargo and other intelligence items of interest for a 3 letter government agencies in a previous life. It used to be difficult, but now its all public records anymore if you know where to look and what to look for.

Anyway - whats the word on Pioneer Powersports in Grand Prairie for Hawk250 buyers? Thanks!
Do you have access to the complete BOL info? That would be awesome because that would tell you exactly whats in a given container.

Old 08-11-2020, 12:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabjoe View Post
Do you have access to the complete BOL info? That would be awesome because that would tell you exactly whats in a given container.

I'll see what I can come up with.

Tags
dealership, manny, pioneer powersports