Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #1

100 Mini Hummer Chain tighten

Anyone out there know how to tighten the chain on the mini hummer. was working fine, now the chain pops off now and then for what seems to be no reason?? bike is new and has under 5 hrs on it.... help please...did a quick search but didnt see anything on tightening it?\\

Thanks all..

Dave

Old 04-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #2

I'll bet that the reason is worn swingarm bushings. If you remove the chain and put the quad up on a jackstand (under the engine), you'll likley be able to move the swingarm from side to side. If that's the case, the bushings need to be replaced.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 04-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
I'll bet that the reason is worn swingarm bushings. If you remove the chain and put the quad up on a jackstand (under the engine), you'll likley be able to move the swingarm from side to side. If that's the case, the bushings need to be replaced.
Likely, awfully quick after five hours though!!

You can attempt to tighten the chain by loosening the four bolts under the rear axel, and equally turning 'in' the two adjustor nuts/studs that are underneath. When you get down on the ground and look under the axel (where the brake rotor and rear sprocket are) you'll see the nuts and adjustor screws.