Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2022, 04:03 PM   #106

Engine bogging down.

2020 Kpm200 question.
4600 odo
Bogging down when riding at steady speed.
Seems to happen more so after fill up.
Any ideas?

Old 08-13-2022, 07:19 PM   #107

Bogging how? Like it's losing speed gradually, or suddenly losing speed and picking back up?

Are you going uphill? Even slight hills cause these to slow down a bit.

Old 08-14-2022, 07:50 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atruelybasicguy View Post
2020 Kpm200 question.
4600 odo
Bogging down when riding at steady speed.
Seems to happen more so after fill up.
Any ideas?
This is a classic sign of plugged tank vent, or in this bikes case a possible failed plugged EVAP system. The lack of air being allowed into the tank is preventing the fuel from flowing. Next time you go on your ride, carry both keys with you. 1 to run the bike, the other to open the gas tank cap to allow the tank to vent WITHOUT shitting down the motor. Ride as usual, when it bogs down, pull over, open tank, reclose after 1-2 seconds, and continue your ride. Report back if the bogging went away for a few minutes.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:05 PM   #109

No hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon45 View Post
Bogging how? Like it's losing speed gradually, or suddenly losing speed and picking back up?

Are you going uphill? Even slight hills cause these to slow down a bit.
No; flat grade, uphill, downhill, happens when holding steady speed.

Old 08-20-2022, 03:06 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPM View Post
This is a classic sign of plugged tank vent, or in this bikes case a possible failed plugged EVAP system. The lack of air being allowed into the tank is preventing the fuel from flowing. Next time you go on your ride, carry both keys with you. 1 to run the bike, the other to open the gas tank cap to allow the tank to vent WITHOUT shitting down the motor. Ride as usual, when it bogs down, pull over, open tank, reclose after 1-2 seconds, and continue your ride. Report back if the bogging went away for a few minutes.
Thanks for the info I'll let ya know what happens.

Old 08-25-2022, 04:58 PM   #111

Has anyone replaced or cleaned the air filter yet?

I started taking the sides and seat off, but couldn't figure out how to get the air cleaner out. Has anyone here done it?

Old 08-26-2022, 08:55 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atruelybasicguy View Post
Thanks for the info I'll let ya know what happens.
Just some more info for you. Yesterday I had a fuel smell whenever coming to a stop. Last night, I saw a video on youtube from a gentleman who had a confirmed fuel leak. He ended up tightening the fuel pump bolts. So today I checked my fuel pump, and each bolt took another 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn before hand tight.

1. Do you have a fuel smell once coming to a stop, from a higher speed / revs ?
2. May also want to check your fuel pump hardware. The pump is located under the tank, right behind where the speedometer gauge is. You do NOT have to remove any panels to get to the 4 bolts on it.

Old 09-10-2022, 09:06 AM   #113

I had a question on the chain (turner performance gold chain) when I go to purchase a chain it asks me how many links should the chain have? there are like a million options. from from 78 links to 142 links.. thanks for the help

Old 09-10-2022, 09:13 AM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
I had a question on the chain (turner performance gold chain) when I go to purchase a chain it asks me how many links should the chain have? there are like a million options. from from 78 links to 142 links.. thanks for the help
Count what's on your bike. The easiest way is to count the plates between the links, and multiply by two.
1969 Honda CT90--The Tomahto
Cheesy is the WDK (workplace drama king). Now retired. Nope, back in the saddle.
Climate: The Movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A24fWmNA6lM
How our government really works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjadCd0VRBw
Question all authority.....think for yourself

Old 09-10-2022, 11:20 AM   #115

Post #85 in this thread states what the chain is.

The rear sprocket on the 2021 KPM200 has 49teeth on 428 chain, and is off set (dinner plate shaped) so I couldn't find any other sprockets that I could safely switch to.

Front sprocket is 16 teeth on 428 chain, this front sprocket has a 20mm shaft hole with 2 bolts and a small gold ring.

The chain is 428 chain 128 links long, if you buy a replacement go with the o-rings

Old 09-10-2022, 11:23 AM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPMRider View Post
I have switched to a 17t-428 on the front sprocket. It made the bike a lot easier to ride on lower gears and didn't suffer too much power loss at high speed. I'm a light rider so it may not work as well for heavier riders.
Based on this info, I also switched.

I agree 100% that it's easier to ride in lower gears. Lost about 2-3 MPH at top end going slight uphill, BUT it also less buzzy up there. IMO the 17T sprocket is what the bike should have from the factory.

Old 10-16-2022, 12:49 AM   #117

Exhaust tubing - Sizes for reference

Toying with my exhaust, measured everything in hopes of helping others in the future.

Stock OEM black exhaust:
Pre-cat pipe size: 35mm OD
Cat area pipe size: 44mm OD
Post cat pipe size: 35mm

Replacement Stainless manifold from Aliexpress, eBay, Amazon, etc.
Front header pipe: 36mm ID, 38mm OD
Rear header pipe (slides over Front header pipe): 48mm ID, 51mm OD.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (80.9 KB, 195 views)

Old 10-16-2022, 09:47 AM   #118

I'm running this setup on my KPR. $160 shipped including the muffler from eBay was too great of a deal to pass up.

Old 12-27-2022, 11:59 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPMRider View Post
FIX!!! Operator error!!!

As many of us know it's really frustrating to be running around chasing your own tail on a mechanical or electrical problem. I figured it out!

These KPM 200s are very small bikes, and as many of us know storage is difficult. I had installed a small storage bag on the front forks. As many of us know when you are behind a semi in town you still get wind, but when you are behind a semi on the highway it blocks a considerable amount of wind. I think the same principle applied here, that small storage bag blocked just enough wind to keep air from flowing through my radiator fins. Last night I pulled out all the stops I installed the thermometer gauge and got a no drip radiator funnel to pull 100% of the air out of the system and after all my repairs were done I had my buddy just point out that the bag on the front might be blocking the wind. To be honest I hadn't even considered that, it seems like it should be far enough away that it's not an issue however these bikes are very small and asked to do quite a bit of work, it blocked just enough wind to where it just wouldn't cool off fast enough when I was at high RPMs for a long amount of time. After removing the bag my temperature gauge reads no higher than 80 degrees C if I've been on the highway for a long time, and I stick around 70 to 74 degrees C when I am in the city

Aftermarket accessories on your front forks can cause overheating on the KPM 200, unfortunately I have verified it myself.

Safe riding guys, thanks for all the help!

P.S. sorry for the hate mail Lifan, you do make a quality product.

I had a similar problem with a CX500 with 650 motor I built. I put a high front fender on it, and that blocked air flow to the radiator. I didn't notice it until the radiator fan blew a fuse (my fault, my wire wasn't properly heat-shrinked where I soldered a splice). The fan was on 100% of the time, and when it failed I overheated. I ended up fabbing some wings to draw the air in from the sides.

While you solved the problem, your fan may still be kaput. It'd we wise to check it.

Also, while this was a simple fix, USUALLY rpm-related overheating is due to a bad head gasket. Combustion gasses leak into the water jacket and superheat the coolant.

Charles.

Old 01-08-2023, 03:34 PM   #120

Had some spare time today so I made a laminated quick reference sheet for the bike. probably tape on on the inside of the battery panel, and leave the other one in the tool box
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A3D3A5D6-87E7-42DD-9690-859784D71981.jpeg (90.9 KB, 147 views)