Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Riding > Ride Reports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2015, 01:03 PM   #31

My apologies for the slow posting of my ride. Busy at work and leaving tomorrow AM for the Horizons Unlimited Rally in Yosemite this weekend. I'll be taking my NC700x for this trip as its mostly highway traveling this weekend coming and going to California. I've been putting the miles on the RX3 mostly this summer to get it broke in and see if it will hold up. The Rx3 would make the trip just fine, I just want to ride my other bike. Will finish this ride report when I get back next week, rj

Old 09-22-2015, 01:16 PM   #32

CSC is also heading out for the HU Rally in Yosemite. Say hello, and get a few photos while you are down there.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 09-22-2015, 03:59 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
CSC is also heading out for the HU Rally in Yosemite. Say hello, and get a few photos while you are down there.
Will do Spud, rj

Old 12-05-2015, 12:20 AM   #34

So since its cold out and riding is done for the season up here in the PNW and Spuds is stuck indoors doing all kinds of RX3 research for us, I thought I'd take the time to finish my ride report of several months back.
First day of rally we went to the Oregon Raceway Park in Grass Valley, OR and got to ride around the coarse forwards and backwards while following a pilot car. Heres a pic of the track layout.

guys getting ready to play Ricky Road Racer.

Heres a link to the park. Was fun to get on a road race track on the RX3 but never really got to open her up as we were regulated by the pilot car. Darn
http://oregonraceway.com/

Heres a pic of the alien saucers leaving Mount ???? once they heard a RX3 was in the area

We got to go ride on the old Mary Hill twisty national Historic sight. Up and down as many times as you want. I got dizzy. click on little pics and it should load for you.

Video following a guy on way down .

Heres a dream I had that night after eating some beans in town .

Filmed at Oregon Valley Raceway and Mary Hill Twisties
Going to post this now before I loose it all, Computer is really acting up, rj

Old 12-05-2015, 01:03 AM   #35

Went for a ride in the woods and got lost.

Ended up here at Vista House
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vista_House

Inside the historic building

Elevator that comes up through the floor

Picture inside Vista House of what Multnomah falls looked like back in the day

And what it looks like now

What it looks like if your the waterfall

Beautiful moss covered old architecture

Happy camper cooling off

Fishes

Old 12-05-2015, 01:40 AM   #36

I want one of these when I grow up

See the bare dirt on the hills behind the paddle wheel boat and in the above pic? Thats the Bonneville slide that created the "Bridge of the Gods" that Native Americans used to get across the Columbia River. The whole side of the mountain slide down.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge...s_(land_bridge)

Some boats

Thought I'd go see Herman since I was so close, give us a kiss

He's a white sturgeon that's 70 years old, 11 feet long and weights about 500 lbs.
http://www.ashcreekimages.com/gorge/...urgeon-01.html

This is it for the Sound Rider Rally ride report. I think I will add a few photos from my Horizon Unlimited trip if you guys want down in Yosemite after this after I get them down loaded. Took the NC700x instead of the RX3. rj

Old 12-05-2015, 03:11 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
...Heres a dream I had that night after eating some beans in town .

That is one of the funniest videos I have seen in quite a while.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 12-05-2015, 03:20 AM   #38

Thanks for sharing! Loved the photos! Wish I could take an extended vacation and ride up to the PNW in the Spring/Summer to really see and enjoy the sights! The riding there looks great!

Old 12-05-2015, 03:40 AM   #39

X2. Please post another rider report on your trip to Yosemite.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 12-05-2015, 07:23 AM   #40

Sweet ride, great report.

Old 12-05-2015, 02:46 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
X2. Please post another rider report on your trip to Yosemite.
Will due Spud and the CSC guys did tell me to send a hello back to you. I'll post a pic of them in the next Yosemite report to follow on here. I didn't take a lot of pics cause it was HOT and I was having a ball riding Cali roads. So maybe I can "borrow" some pics off the net others have posted on their sites. Is that legal, kosher, ethical?

The bean dream and the vid above are pretty true to life. In my dream Spuds and I had broken into CSC and "borrowed" a couple of Mustang prototype bikes CSC was thinking of bringing in to the states and the cop was none other then Joe Berk and his Ruger Blackhawk wanting them back. We almost got away till Spuds saw the snake .He's from Idaho you know, where they have big snakes. Joe did get the snake but wanted the bikes back. So now we're under house arrest till the cold goes away in spring.
Hi, I'm Bob and it's been 3 months since I've had a bean
rj

Old 12-05-2015, 03:07 PM   #42

Quote:
Will due Spud and the CSC guys did tell me to send a hello back to you. I'll post a pic of them in the next Yosemite report to follow on here. I didn't take a lot of pics cause it was HOT and I was having a ball riding Cali roads. So maybe I can "borrow" some pics off the net others have posted on their sites. Is that legal, kosher, ethical?...
Yes, it's ethical to 'borrow' a few photos. However, it's always nice to give credit to the photographer.

Quote:
...The bean dream and the vid above are pretty true to life. In my dream Spuds and I had broken into CSC and "borrowed" a couple of Mustang prototype bikes CSC was thinking of bringing in to the states and the cop was none other then Joe Berk and his Ruger Blackhawk wanting them back. We almost got away till Spuds saw the snake .He's from Idaho you know, where they have big snakes. Joe did get the snake but wanted the bikes back. So now we're under house arrest till the cold goes away in spring.
Hi, I'm Bob and it's been 3 months since I've had a bean
rj
That's funny.

2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Old 12-06-2015, 06:47 PM   #43

Awesome pics! I have a pic of Multnomah from 100 years ago, and it predates the old brick visitor centre.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 12-08-2015, 12:31 AM   #44

Bat mobile ready for another trip. This time 2015 Horizons Unlimited Rally at Mariposa fairgrounds near Yosemite National Park.

I wanted to take the NC700x on this trip as I had already put about 6000 miles on the RX3 this summer. The Rx3 would of done the trip just fine but I was feeling pressed about maybe having to "freight train" it back home on the interstate and the NC is great for "packing the mail, pony express style" when you need to.

So after going through some forest fires, HEAT and some of the most desolate places I've been to on hwy 395, Lake Tahoe was a pretty sight.

The only mechanical troubles I had where here when I kicked up a pipe or bar in a construction zone along the lake and took out the oil filter. Stopped to check and oil was coming out from slit in filter. A nice local gave me a ride 2-3 miles back into town and I was able to get a new filter at auto parts store. Very common Honda, Kawasaki and car filter. Told the counter guy my plight and he said he lived by where my bike was and could give me a lift back to it after he got off work in 1 1/2 hours. On the way he stopped at his home and got a drain pan to catch the oil and stayed with me till it was fixed. Fired it up after putting new filter on and the filter didn't leak. Now the oil came out of a small hole the bar poked in the clutch cover side case. Not a big one but enough to keep me from going any where. On this trip I threw in a tube of that tootsie-roll type epoxy that looks like tootsie-roll with filling in it. You cut a chunk off and knead it in your moistened hands till it is mixed good then stick it on the hole like a wad of chewing gun. After 30-45 minutes it hardened enough to start motor and no oil came out. What a life saver. never thought a road bike would need a skid plate but this trip convinced me and now both bikes have skid plates on them and I will carry the tootsie-roll on all my trips now. Too late in the day to continue on as it was dark so I headed back into town and got a room for the night. This put me a day late getting down to the rally. But still part of the adventure and got an education to boot on fixing oil leaks.

From beautiful mountain greenery at Tahoe to desolation water starvation in California along hwy 42.

This road was great fun with all the twisties (hwy42) but you can die out here, hot, desolate and not much traffic.

finally made it to Mariposa. rj, Dan, Ryan and Matt from CSC. Joe Berk photo with a fisheye lens. Makes us all look so tall, dark and handsome don't you think.

Overlooking the Yosemite Valley. Can you see me now?

East side of Tioga Pass. Came down the road you can barely see at the top. Then had lunch at a little convienence berg before turning around and riding it back to camp. Fun

Came home through Mt Lassen Volcano National Park

I'm going to post this part now before the computer monster eats it and I loose it all again. I'll post more pics of people and the rally later , rj

Old 12-08-2015, 12:47 AM   #45

So nice of those strangers to help you! I've used QuikSteel in the past, with excellent results.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer