Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2020, 07:21 PM   #1

My tbr7 just arrived

So it just arrived. I gotta say I’m impressed with the quality! For 2021 Tao really stepped their game up! The plastics are fully painted, front and back. The packaging is great! Not much damage at all! Everything was packed well and it came with an agm battery! All of the parts look to be okay, only damage is the top of the triple tree where the cage got bent, and a scratch on the case. I love it!

Last edited by Vivion; 12-31-2020 at 08:05 PM.

Old 12-31-2020, 08:10 PM   #2

Congrats on the new bike. I love mine.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250
1982 Suzuki GS1100ES - "Jolene"

Old 01-01-2021, 12:46 AM   #3

Usual questions:
Delivery time?
Price?
Which supplier?
Title/MSO sent later or included?

Thanks!
tdk

Old 01-01-2021, 11:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedakotakid View Post
Usual questions:
Delivery time?
Price?
Which supplier?
Title/MSO sent later or included?

Thanks!
tdk
2 weeks during a holiday from order to it showing up at my door from Q9. R and L trucking delivered it here to my door via tractor trailer. was like $1500 total, as no sales going on when I bought it, title sent later on because they need the vin which makes me think it was drop shipped.

Old 01-01-2021, 12:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivion View Post
which makes me think it was drop shipped.
Congrats on the bike! Definitely drop-shipped by the several usual suspects (Q9 is one of them). Q9 had issues getting bikes to people for months earlier in the year, and their name was getting dragged through the proverbial mud, mainly with the TBR7, so it's nice to see they are back in there.

Out of curiosity, do you know if the Q9 TBR7 bikes are different from, say, the TXPowersports ones? It seems that TX had some features specific to what they were selling vs. other retailers. I am curious if you are aware of any? I believe the 530 chain was more or less specific to TXPowersports, for instance with the TBR7.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-02-2021, 10:31 AM   #6

Congratulations, I know you will enjoy it. Hope you have some Indian Summer days this winter so you can ride

Old 01-02-2021, 11:35 AM   #7

Let us know if it came with the big gold 530 chain. If it does it prob has led lights and sealed battery. Seams as some of the 2021 came with these up grades and some didn't.
Mods so far- Brozz swingarm, 21" front rim (Bridgestone Tw302 rear/Dunlop D606 front tires), Digital gauge cluster, pz30b pumper carb, after market hand guards, aftermarket brake and clutch levers, round fold away mirrors, Fly handlebars shortened slightly, 13t front sprocket
2009 Q-link Legacy 250

Old 01-05-2021, 07:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivion View Post
2 weeks during a holiday from order to it showing up at my door from Q9. R and L trucking delivered it here to my door via tractor trailer. was like $1500 total, as no sales going on when I bought it, title sent later on because they need the vin which makes me think it was drop shipped.
Both of my bikes were tractor trailer shipped, the TBR7 delivery driver from the TXPowersports shipment at least asked to back my pickup to the tailgate. We pushed it on with minimal struggle. And the paperwork showed up without having to request it.

I might have mentioned this before but the Q9 delivery was more comical. The driver was pushing my Magician off the truck straight to the ground. I caught it in time but quite a bizarre experience. Also, had to manually request the paperwork.

Old 01-07-2021, 09:32 AM   #9

I'm still curious if it came with led lights, folding shift levers, and super overkill 530 gold chain.
2009 Q-link Legacy 250

Old 01-07-2021, 07:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTaoRider View Post
I'm still curious if it came with led lights, folding shift levers, and super overkill 530 gold chain.
Me, too! I am sensing that some retailers are getting the importers to do things to certain bikes to differentiate them from other retailers.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard