Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2020, 01:13 AM   #1

Hi, new China bike rider here

Got my new Bashan BSR 250 registered yesterday. You would know the weather would immediately turned off bad. Rain should stop and warm a little by the week end. I'm trying to break her in slowly. So far only two short runs. I'm 65 and retired. I learned to ride dirt bikes in my 20's while stationed overseas in the desert. I had a Suzuki 250cc two stroke. A crazy guy from Texas took me under his wing and taught me most everything about riding in sand. It was pure joy. I rode everyday. Since then I have owned several motorcycles. Some were just transportation, and some I really liked. Sold my last motorcycle 5 or 6 years ago. Decided I wanted to start riding again and was looking at used Japanese ones on Craigs List. Wow, the prices were way out of my range. Then I learned about the Chinese imports and was convinced I should get one. This is the first new motorcycle I have ever owned. Their simplicity is a thing of beauty. I must say this bike is really bringing back the joy. Can't wait to go exploring. I would also like to add, I really enjoy this forum. I found lots of info that helped me make my decision.

Old 12-18-2020, 07:24 AM   #2

Congrats on the new bike. Beware! these little bikes are addictive. Before you know it you will own two or three.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel

Old 12-18-2020, 08:39 AM   #3

Excellent - You will have fun! You will have "not fun" too but it will probably be minor aggravations.

Old 12-18-2020, 08:46 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Congrats on the new bike. Beware! these little bikes are addictive. Before you know it you will own two or three.
I hope to only have two, the Magician will be set up for shorter riders. I have friends that love taking my TBR7 for a spin once in a while, but the groans and complaints of mounting/dismounting is common. Especially when the back tray has a bag on it.

And then the street bikes. It's called collecting not hoarding right...

Old 12-18-2020, 03:42 PM   #5

Thank you for the comments. I was surprised it turn out to be 60 deg and sunny today. Got to make a 16 miles trip on the bike. It was all dirt roads except about 3 miles. Really took it easy and varied my rpms while I'm breaking her in. Tried to keep my speed under 45. It was really nice.