Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > ATVs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2006, 11:34 AM   #1

ATV's at Canadian Tire

I realize that most of the poster's here are from the US but I was wondering if anyone North of the border is familiar with these from Canadian Tire?

The price is pretty good but I'm hesitant since ATV's take more of a pounding (at least mine does :oops than most DS bikes.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #2

hey frostbite,

Your link just takes you to the CDN Tire welcome page. I think the main thing is ask if you can find out the original manufacturer. I read on another forum that either Hensim (my bikes), Loncin, or Zhongshen produces the Baja Motorsports stuff. Once you find that out then you can do a little digging to see if other people are having issues with that particular manufacturer.

I would echo your concern about durability in the fields as well; however, admittedly, we've had both our MX150s solely off-road and they seem to be holding up. And, also, quite a nicely-distributed parts/service network if they're coming out of CDN Tire. They are not known for selling just junk...cheap stuff that just gets the job done but not what I'd call junk.

Cheers,
R.

P.S. Tell us what you find out here!

Old 07-27-2006, 07:20 AM   #3

I fixed the link. It had changed since the original post.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 09-01-2006, 12:01 AM   #4

Hey frosty I live just across the Detroit river from wWindsor Ontario and I was looking at those as well. In fact if the exhange rate was the same as it was a year ago I would be the proud owner of the camo one.
I looked them over pretty good and they are solid as a rock.
Just that they are the utility version with a lot of extra iron hanging on them. Front and rear racks, steel running boards, and the like. But since your in NB you could strap a snow plow on the front and be the neighbourhood hero.
On the other hand if you plan on doing jumps or MX'ing I would look at the roketa knock offs of the yamaha raptor. Which I am straining at the leash to order.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:33 AM   #5

Quote:
On the other hand if you plan on doing jumps or MX'ing I would look at the roketa knock offs of the yamaha raptor.
I already have a Honda 300ex for that stuff. I was wondering if the 250 quad would be a good fit for my father.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 09-03-2006, 02:48 AM   #6

Without having started one up. I would say "Oh heck Yea!" I was stranded at Canadian Tire for an hour while my wife and kid were at the craft store. I sat on those Bounced up and down on them Lay on the floor looked at the drive line the whole bit. They are really up to par for sure.
The fit and finnish was above normal for china stuff. I am 6'2" and I thought they were a great fit for me. I really want one to ride in the snow and mud.