Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2021, 12:14 AM   #1

Doh! ELECTRIC PROBLEMS!!!! BoomCat BD125-2 "cafe style"

HI! everyone,

one day i left the switch on on my Boomcat, and then the battery died. I can kick start it, but seems not to be chargin the battery.

I thought the problem would be solved by replacing the battery, I know I could have just jumped it, however, people recomend to replace them anyways, so I did. however, the problem just persisted. even with the new battery, seems that there is no energy going through the bike, none of the lights work unless the bike is on. but thats not everything, now even when the bike is on, with a new battery, whenever i use the break the bike shuts off!

I am not a savy, I got this motorcycle to put my hands on and learn, and everything ive done so far is carb tunning, change the front sproket and some cosmetics. but im afraid, electric systems is someting ive not touch other than light bulbs.

Here is a Link to a video! hope this amazing community can help me with this,

Best,
Pedro Diaz

Old 08-26-2021, 09:29 AM   #2

Check for the in line fuse, my motomax did the same and the wires were loose where the fuse sat.

Old 08-26-2021, 03:41 PM   #3

thanks so much Mick, i did not thought of the fuse, and that helped me figure what was happening.

soooo!, seems like it was not much big of a deal, i realised that the bike was not getting power at all because the fuse was being blown everytime I pressed the brakes!, so proceeded to uninstal the brake lights and with a new fuse the problem was solved. there must have been something going on with the cables, so proceded to rewire and seems to be working just fine now!.

btw the fuse the bike comes with are very poor made, so would definetly recommend to get nice ones (they are still cheap) but you can tell the difference just by looking at them.

thanks so much fr the help!,

Tags
bd125-2, boom bd125-2, boomcat