Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2023, 01:03 AM   #1

So... no more RX3 it seems… but a new SG400 is on the way!

CSC only has 2022 models of the RX3 in stock. There was never any 2023 stock. So, looks like that model is discontinued (and good riddance). But the SG400 has disappeared from their website. I thought the bike sold rather well, I know of quite a few people who snagged one. I will be sad if the SG400 is done so quickly. And also a little concerned about future parts availability....

Charles.

Last edited by ChopperCharles; 11-30-2023 at 11:36 PM.

Old 11-30-2023, 01:38 PM   #2

Actually I talked to CSC yesterday. They said the sg400 will come back with a new 401cc engine in 2025, and they’ll be offering the scrambler too. They said it has to go through CARB so it will likely be a 2025 model.

Charles.

Old 12-01-2023, 12:05 PM   #3

No surprises here - I recall that the TT250 had a year of unavailability, in 2017, right after I bought my 2016 during their year end Christmas sale. Didn't see them again until January 2018. Even KTM skips years on some of their models here in the US - one of the joys of living in such a minuscule motorcycle market, I guess.

Also not surprised to see the new 401cc parallel twin engine being adopted, though I don't see it being a whole lot more powerful than the TC380 in the current SG400. Unless they change the frame radically, say to incorporate better baggage mounting options, I won't be upgrading. The bike is just about perfect as it is, and doesn't really need anything more than better shocks in the rear and some adjustability up front.