Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2022, 10:04 AM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I wonder if that is a catalytic converter rather than an expansion chamber (or resonator)? Is that it behind the heat shield on the headpipe by the cylinder?
Yes, behind the guard on the Header pipe
2016 AJP PR4
2022 Templar X 250
2021 Sondors Metacycle
AMA Life Member

Old 05-12-2022, 10:24 AM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huck369 View Post
Yes, behind the guard on the Header pipe
I haven't seen any information about a catalytic converter on the websites of vendors selling this bike. It is probably too small for a cat. Maybe this is one reason why the certificate of origin document has to read "off road motorcycle"

That is one reason I am holding off. I don't want to trailer the thing to ride it! Missouri probably won't plate the bike.

Last edited by Thumper; 05-12-2022 at 10:10 PM.

Old 05-12-2022, 06:10 PM   #183

So I just got back from a title place here and they flat out told me that they won't plate the bike because of the "off-road motorcycle" slapped on the MCO and Bill of Sale. They did tell me to call my local police department to determine what are the proper specifications for a road-legal inspection would be, get it through that, then bring it in. They also told me they won't do it without the odometer reading stated on the MCO and no notarization, that I should "send the MCO back to them", lol, and get them to write the odo reading on it and have it notarized. Couldn't I just write the shit on there myself since it's just written in pen anyways, then go have it notarized here and bring it in?

Old 05-12-2022, 07:51 PM   #184

Personally I've never done it but why not attempt the South Dakota/ Vermont Loophole. I believe Vermont requires a little more paperwork.

Also I read about Dirt Legal. Never got a straight forward quote but supposedly it's around $300.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:19 PM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker View Post
Personally I've never done it but why not attempt the South Dakota/ Vermont Loophole. I believe Vermont requires a little more paperwork.

Also I read about Dirt Legal. Never got a straight forward quote but supposedly it's around $300.
Yeah I seen someone on fb mention about Dirt Legal and I been looking up a lot of things about it, highly rated and they just mail you your goodies once you send in everything needed so I may just go that route, may just do that instead. I have to clear this flag off my license first from my tbr7 being stolen, going to try and get them to lift it after sending them documented proof of stolen property, hope it works, could save myself $525 lol.

Old 05-14-2022, 02:09 AM   #186

What exhaust work with this bike I got one want to upgrade exhaust I’m pretty sure the vet 230cc exhausts won’t work

Old 05-14-2022, 09:45 AM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyrider101 View Post
What exhaust work with this bike I got one want to upgrade exhaust I’m pretty sure the vet 230cc exhausts won’t work
I don’t think any of us know yet.

I managed to sneak a short ride in this morning in the midst of moving. Got it on one of the paved roads out here and at 8000rpm it had me cruising along at 62-65 mph very comfortably. Just buzzed right along. I’ve no doubt it had enough in it to hit 70, but that would be about the limit I think. With a bit better gearing (looking at you nutcracker) I’m sure it could cruise highway speeds easily.

Surprisingly stable at those speeds too.

Only issue-the brake handle tension screw fell off somewhere in the latter half of my ride. Too it pretty slow and easy after that lol.

I think I’m running lean. Decelerating gives me a lot of little pops and backfires. I may jump on that new carb sooner than planned.

Edit: has anyone weighed this bike yet? I’m wondering how close to the quoted gross weight of 326lbs she is wet and ready to ride.
To echo what was said before, I think this thing with some 50/50 tires and 17’s would be one hell
of a fun little supermoto.
2023 Royal Enfield Classic 350 “Trigger”

Old 05-14-2022, 09:06 PM   #188

I have one of these bikes and changed the carb to a nibbi. Made the bike work much better. But the pipe glows red only where the Catalytic converter is. Should I just punch it out? I feel like that's why it's holding heat and causing it to glow red.

Old 05-14-2022, 09:06 PM   #189

When should I change the oil? 200 miles? Is there a separate spot to change tranny fluid? Thanks in advance!

Old 05-15-2022, 02:17 PM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okierider View Post
To echo what was said before, I think this thing with some 50/50 tires and 17’s would be one hell
of a fun little supermoto.

That's literally what I'm after lmao, I've been dying to have supermoto for fat minute now, I would love to convert this down to one. I feel doing this would also allow me to throw a smaller rear sprocket on to stabilize the gearing and not having to deal with the front so much to worry about sending the chain into the engine casing lol. Definitely looking for the most cost-efficient way about it, these sumo rims have a hefty price tag.

Old 05-15-2022, 04:08 PM   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrkimball100 View Post
I have one of these bikes and changed the carb to a nibbi. Made the bike work much better. But the pipe glows red only where the Catalytic converter is. Should I just punch it out? I feel like that's why it's holding heat and causing it to glow red.
My concern would be what is causing a part of the bike to get so hot it glows. I’d fix that problem before I worried about removing the cat.

Also there is no tranny to drain fluid from, the clutch is oil bathed and the drive chain is a chain. I changed the oil immediately when I received the bike and again after 20 or so miles. I’ll probably do it again here soon.

Old 05-15-2022, 08:12 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by scbindisbihhh View Post
That's literally what I'm after lmao, I've been dying to have supermoto for fat minute now, I would love to convert this down to one. I feel doing this would also allow me to throw a smaller rear sprocket on to stabilize the gearing and not having to deal with the front so much to worry about sending the chain into the engine casing lol. Definitely looking for the most cost-efficient way about it, these sumo rims have a hefty price tag.
I’m really curious to see what nutcracker gets with 2.92 gears. It’ll be interesting to see what the difference is from the stock 3.77

Old 05-15-2022, 10:14 PM   #193

Ok here's the results on sprockets. First off the I incorrectly measured the bolt pattern it's 153MM not 150. I will attach the link for the sprocket I used. So I tried 2 sprockets. 38 tooth and 42 tooth. The angle from the swing arm to the front sprocket is to much causing the majority of the chain to ride on the guide. Gearing was very high 20MPH plus 1st gear. I did not trust high speed with so much chain laying on the guide. I'm sure it would hit 80.. Not what I'm after. So the 42 tooth is FANTASTIC! The bike preforms so much better. I put 50 miles on the bike today. 42 tooth gave me about a 5 to 6 mph gain in each gear. Making 55MPH achievable at only 5K RPM. The harmonics from the non-counter balanced engine is not noticeable. Very comfortable. It hits 70 still pretty wound out but not like it's going to explode.. I'm still very able to lug thru trails no issue the engine has a good low end torque and has plenty of spin when I punch the throttle just lugging along.

Old 05-15-2022, 10:15 PM   #194

There no room for 14 tooth front drive sprocket. This is your best bet. What nice is you can drop down to a 12 and achieve near factory performance.

The sprocket form Amazon below.

JT Sprockets JTR210.42 42T Steel Rear Sprocket , black

Old 05-15-2022, 10:41 PM   #195

Speak of the devil and all that lol.
So looking at the reviews it looks like it’s compatible with the CRF230 and XR650R Hondas.
I wonder if other parts might fit as well?

Regardless, that’s great to hear! I may try the 40 tooth out and see what the difference is.
As cheap as they are I’ll order a few and play around.
Thanks as always nutcracker!

Edit: Is there a benchmark for measuring these sorts of changes? Would be interesting for comparisons.
If a 42 tooth rear sprocket/3.23 gear ratio makes 55mph at 5k rpm in 5th gear it would be interesting to compare what other ratios did.