Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pure Dirt
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #1

Xtm 250 vs. Gio X35

Hey guys, im new to the forums and i will be getting my first dirt bike in the near future. I have road my friends dirtbikes a lot in the past year (klx 125, rm 85, kx 125, and crf 250r) and i'm looking to buy my own bike. I'm not looking to mx or anything just want a good trail bike with a budget of about 1500 or under. I am about 5'9" and 135 Ilbs. and i think i have narrowed my choices down to a Pr industries Xtm 250 or a Gio X35. I was wondering what you guys think about these bikes and which on you think would be a better suit for me. I would also like to know if they can be bought in the U.S., and if so from where. Finally if you could tell me the Pro's, Con's, and Known problems for each of the bikes. Thank you for your help and time.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #2

you should get the x-35. seems to have more quality parts like exhaust, tires, brakes, plastics. i do recommend buy the race cdi off giobikes.com. And also use loctite on the bolt holding the front of the seat down. IT WILL COME OFF and it can do nasty things to the drivetrain. I found mine inside of the airfilter. it has a neat plug that catched all the dirt/water in it. it clear so you know when to clean your filter.

Old 08-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #3

use blue loctite on bolts and nuts that you will need to remove in the future, and red loctite on the stuff you will rarely ever have to removed..

if you use the red stuff use only a drop as that stuff sometimes requires a torch to removed, or a good strong impact

Old 08-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #4

Welcome chap..

You cannot get Gio dirt bikes or ATV's anywhere in the US, they aren't allowed across the border. It's too bad, as my choice would be to tell you to go with the GIO too.. the X35 has always caught my eye as a cool bike. I'm not sure we have many members here with them, just the X31.

I know they are made by X-Motos, perhaps you can do a search for X-mOto's dealers in the US and see if you can find one similar.

-TT