Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2016, 05:57 PM   #1

New from NC

Hello all. Name is James and I live in Fayetteville, NC. I am currently deployed to the middle east until early next year. Right now the wife and I own two Jeep Wranglers (my Green 2012 2dr Sport and her Blue 2015 4dr Rubicon, pictured), my 2014 Harley Street Bob, and her 2015 Polaris Ace 570. I will be ordering a Green Hawk 250 close to the time I return. I want something to play around on while we take out the Ace. When ordering the bike, I will be getting an exhaust, Mikuni Carb and jets, that awesome digital speedo I keep seeing, and what ever else I stumble upon in this forum. I found this forum while researching the bike so decided to join due to the vast knowledge here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jeeps2.jpg (102.3 KB, 79 views)

Old 07-26-2016, 12:57 AM   #2

Welcome. Your on the downhill now, you'll be state bound in no time.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-26-2016, 01:19 AM   #3

Thumbs Up

wow! can we assume the wife is NOT the soccermom type? lol
NICE rigs and welcome to the board btw my Hawk is green
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-26-2016, 10:21 AM   #4

Welcome! Stay safe over there!

I'm guessing you spend a lot of time in the Uwharrie area? I'm on the opposite side over in Mooresville.

I've got about 1000 miles now on my green hawk. if you have any questions, give me a shout.

when you do purchase the bike, be sure your MCO states MOTORCYCLE and not DIRT BIKE. I had trouble getting mine registered in NC, but one of the other members just successfully got his done.

the other thing to add to your list is sprockets. if you put a 17 on the front, it will give you a little better street use up to 55 MPH. if you are going to only trail ride, leave it at 15.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:56 PM   #5

Thanks all!

SeerAtlas- No she is not one bit, we don't have any little ones yet which allows us to have more toys . I had my rig for 2 years and she finally jumped on the bandwagon.

Sport Rider- I try to hit up Uwharrie a few times a year but am gone a lot due to the job (I'm on my 8th deployment, 6th in 6 years...). I read you had issues registering in NC and SD worked for you. I plan on ordering from APSCUSA and believe they always put Motorcycle on the MCO. If the NCDOT gives me too many problems, I will try my home state of ND or just use it as offroad only.

Old 07-26-2016, 09:24 PM   #6

Thumbs Up

Nodak who you with at Bragg? WAAAYYYY back I spent a lot of time there in various guises. Gotta Ask? is the DropZone club still there? My son was a pathfinder/ranger infantry officer w the 82nd there a few years back.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking

Old 07-26-2016, 09:45 PM   #7

I work in USASOC, been at Bragg since '08. Sorry to disappoint but the DropZone club is no longer there.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:32 PM   #8

Welcome, James!

This forum will be a terrific way for you to prepare for your new green Hawk. Stay safe over there!

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 07-31-2016, 09:00 PM   #9

Nodak... can you post a couple of picks of your post. Will really drive the point home of where and what you and your peers are doing.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 08-06-2016, 06:19 PM   #10

Welcome from Nor-Cal! Love that Rubicon!
---Thomas Sowell
Zongshen Storm V-250
The Zong and Winding Road