Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Everything Else
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2017, 09:05 AM   #1

electrical issue

hello all,
I have a 2016 taotao GK110 kart with an electrical issue. any input is greatly appreciated. main issue was/is no spark. I replaced the cdi, but this did not fix the problem. parts being so cheap, I went ahead and replaced, stator/pick up assy, volt reg, coil, remote box,battery, and spark plug. still no spark. it cranks just fine, but no fire. it has a manual choke. ive looked at wiring schematics, which seem to vary widely. the only fuse I can find in the system is in the electrical box. it is good. someone told me there may be a diode or resistor in the wiring harness, but I haven't seen any. looking at wiring diagrams, I only see these on machines with electric or auto choke. what am I missing ??? any input is greatly appreciated.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:14 PM   #2

Try removing the key switch pin from the CDI connector. Normally only key-off grounds the CDI, but there may be a ground fault in this circuit between the switch and CDI. If the engine does start, kill it by separating the pick-up connector.

Last edited by tortoise; 10-16-2017 at 04:28 PM.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:46 PM   #3

thank you for the info. I will give that a try.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:49 AM   #4

Make sure the kill or stop switches are working. Bypass them temporarily to see if they are interrupting the spark.

Thanks

Old 02-06-2018, 05:57 PM   #5

If this is a little childs cart it most likely has a kill switch with a tether in the rear so it can be yanked if the kid gets out of control.

/

Old 05-02-2019, 09:40 PM   #6

Did you find a solution?

My grandson's go kart has a similar problem. I have tried everything listed plus bypassed the parental control circuit along with taking out the middle kill switch pin on the CDI. No fire at all.

Another anomaly which should have noting to do with spark is the gear selector indicator has all the letter segments lit.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:56 PM   #7

It is possible the gear indicator switch in the tranny is buggered or it’s wiring, and killing spark .I have no idea what style of engine is in your machine which will make a difference to where the switch is actually located ,but most of the switches seem to be located in the front sprocket area ,

Old 05-03-2019, 08:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
It is possible the gear indicator switch in the tranny is buggered or it’s wiring, and killing spark .I have no idea what style of engine is in your machine which will make a difference to where the switch is actually located ,but most of the switches seem to be located in the front sprocket area ,
There is no gear selection interrupt that I know of as you can start normally in gear or not, however that did cross my mind. My plan is to isolate just the firing bits and give that a try. Wish that there were an accurate wiring diagram.

The kart is the same model as mentioned in this thread, a TAO 110 cc.