Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 04:10 PM   #16

Here is a compilation photo of how the mirror bracket is mounted on my sportbike. If yours are similar to mine I think I could whip up two aluminum brackets in a few hours.

I would need the distance between the center of the two bolts and the thread size.

The bracket I would make would just be a cover. You already have bar-end mirrors so this would just cover the holes and hold the fairing in place.

Old 04-27-2007, 07:28 PM   #17

My bracket is actually different. I didn't get a chance to take a pic...will try tomorrow. Actually, I rode the bike in today and can get a pic with my phone (won't be a great pic, tho). I can pull it off later to take measurements. If you could make one, that would be cool. So, I'll head down to the bike during break and get a pic for ya. Thanks!

Old 04-27-2007, 08:44 PM   #18

Okay...I placed pic "Mirror bracket" in my photo album. Sorry, I wasn't able to post it in this message.

Anyway, that's the right side and I need one for the left. I'm off on Sun - Tues and I'll be changing the oil one of those days. So, when I do, I'll pull the bracket off and do some measuring.

Thanks!

Old 04-29-2007, 05:04 AM   #19

Hi olds_cool
I just looked at the mirror bracket. I see it goes on the inside as I thought behind the fairing to support the mirror and then mounts to the {looks like} triple tree for extra support. The Lifan mirror looks to be mounted in about the same area...but it's been over a year since I have had one here so I don't remember if it has the mount {bent tab} for the extra support of the fairing. I'll check into this for you.
Hours: Tue.-Fri. 10:00-6:00 Sat. 10:00-4:00 EST.
Dealer for: Lifan, Crossrunner ATVs.
http://www.endlessjourneycycles.net

Old 05-01-2007, 04:30 PM   #20

Hi Olds_cool,

I took a look at your picture in the gallery and it looks to me like the nuts on those bolts end at a different plane in relation to each other and that the bracket has a bend in it.

At this point my recomendation would be to pull out the yellow pages and look for a local machine shop. Drive the bike down there and ask for a quote to make a mirror image bracket from the existing one.

The part is not large and looks like it would require two holes to be drilled, two bends and some debering. I am thinking $10-$20 tops. and 30-40 min of work with the right tools.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:31 PM   #21

Hey, PolygonFla. Yeah, I may have to do that. I wish I COULD ride down. On Sunday morning, while starting up the bike, the sediment bowl that attaches to the petcock cracked! Won't hold any gas...just gushes out as soon as I open the petcock. So, now I can't even ride as I'm trying to find the part. When it rains, it pours sometimes. sheesh!

Old 06-09-2007, 01:06 AM   #22

PARTS PARTS PARTS

I can get almost all known parts for the Lifan, which is called Loncin here in asia, also the Zongshen, Kenbo, Belletza, and Yamaguchi, Just contact me and you dont have to deal with BIG DEALER headaches! as a matter of fact some of my products are unique and are being carried in some dealers in the United states!
My company is a PAYPAL VERIFIED seller and so is my web-business on EBAY. My company is located in Manila Philippines and i'm just a stones throw to China and I have Hundreds of Lifan Dealers all around me to cater to your needs!, Just give me a part number, the picture of the parts, send me your paypal payment including shipping, and BANG! You get your parts in 3 weeks or less! Some people opt for 7 day service! Theres no need to deal with American dealers that wont call you, respond to your e-mails etc. etc. etc. We are committed to serving our customers GLOBALLY and have quite a following when it comes to custom ONE-OFF Parts. Also if you cant get it there, or find it or no-one makes it, I CAN GET IT, MAKE IT, there is not a problem with that situation

Please feel free to log onto our website:

http://stores.ebay.com/speed-racer-p...or-china-bikes

Best regards,

Marlone
Bataycan corporation