Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2018, 09:58 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
I want a light weight, lightly equipped, easily controlled, and easy to pick up if I’m dumped in the off road, non-paved, non-traveled territory. I want to explore interesting areas.
Well then get out your credit card, call CSC and order a TT250 or San Gabriel if your the scrambler type. Maintenance is dead simple: keep oil in the crankcase and gas in the tank and it will probably last longer than you will. Their engine is a Honda CG clone with the addition of a balance shaft, so smoother than any CG Honda ever produced. No oil filter, paper element air filter, adjust the valves whenever they need it or every day if you want (takes 15 minutes, literally). If you break anything, CSC has everything parts-wise in stock and priced more than affordably. My TT250 is a hoot and complements my RX3 perfectly.

Now if a 230cc engine is too small and you must have a lightweight 450, then Honda will be happy to sell you one. They'll even strip off all the extra crap that you don't want to pay for and only charge you an extra $5000 above and beyond what CSC is asking for the RX4.

No sense in berating the RX4 for not being a lightweight scrambler when it is not intended for that use nor marketed as such. Basically, it's a RX3 on steroids (more power, better brakes) - good for touring, gravel and fire roads and light off road work (although I have no doubt that someone will take it on the most God forsaken trail that they can find - and it will make it through, and then complain that it is not as good as a KTM 350 or 500 EXC, lol).

Old 10-20-2018, 10:34 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
I only have $6000 in my farkled CB500X that I bought new. I can't see giving that kind of money for an unproven Chinese bike.
If this was four years ago, I might agree with you. However, it's not and I don't. Having owned a 2015 RX3 for the last three years and a TT250 for two, and not having a problem out of either, I think that the bikes, CSC and Zongshen have proven their bonafides. Like it or not, Chinese bikes are more than good enough to compete with Japanese and European low and mid-range motorcycles. I'll concede that they still have quite a ways to go for top end stuff, though.

As to being unproven, the RX4 has undergone the same testing that the RX1, RX3 and RX3S did and more (Zongshen used the NC450 in their Dakar bike); if there were any problems, I am confident that they were found and corrected. If something does crop up, I do not have any doubts in CSC's and Zongshen's ability and willingness to make it right. I also feel comfortable with their ability to support the bike with parts and service, if and when needed; having personally experienced it over the last three years with the two bikes that I already own.

Based on what CSC has said so far spec-wise, it's competitive with or bests anything similar on the market that you can buy right now, that being your CB500X, RE Himalayan and the Versy-X 300. It includes more farkles as standard equipment than any of those bikes while being priced similarly to their base models. It will be interesting to see what the Versys-X 400 brings to the table when it drops, but Kawasaki is probably 2 years behind Zongshen (again) on that bike. KTM's 390 Adventure will be interesting, too, but once again, it's not here (I've seen a tentative release date for December 2019, but that is for the Indian market) while the RX4 is or soon will be.

Old 10-20-2018, 05:15 PM   #18

Head Scratching I’m eagerly waiting to see performance comparisons

Of the 2019 CSC RX4 and the 2019 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 motorcycles.
The Zero to 60mph time for the Versys-X 300 is 5.2 seconds.
The Top Speed for the Versys-X 300 is 102 mph.
Please post the same information for the Zongshen, CSC RX4 when it is known.
This should be interesting:

I just SOLD my Honda CB500X; My third motorcycle sale this year!

Last edited by 1cylinderwonder; 10-20-2018 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Corrections

Old 10-20-2018, 05:35 PM   #19

Isn’t there a special forum for Versys drag racers ? No need to come here just to bash and giggle like a schoolgirl ,it’s already been pointed out to you that the bikes are not designed for racing ,and if you are worried about having to buy lunch you certainly can’t afford to be racing anything anyway .
And what’s the point of pointing out you have just sold your third motorcycle this year ?if it’s another competition count me in ,I sold off 34 in August and the first week of September .Big Whoop !

Old 10-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #20

Quote:
Of the 2019 CSC RX4 and the 2019 Kawasaki Versys-X 300 motorcycles.
The Zero to 60mph time for the Versys-X 300 is 5.2 seconds.
The Top Speed for the Versys-X 300 is 102 mph.
Please post the same information for the Zongshen, CSC RX4 when it is known.
This should be interesting:

I just SOLD my Honda CB500X; My third motorcycle sale this year!
I have no clue as to the 0-60 RX4 times, but the maximum speed is listed as 97 MPH from CSC's blog entry comparing it to their range of other bikes. So, like I said earlier, it's competitive with the other bikes in its class. Not best in class, but not getting blown away either, while still offering a ton of equipment that costs extra on competitor's bikes. Yes, it will definitely be interesting to see how it stacks up in the flesh. With luck, it breezes thru emissions certification, the trade rhetoric between the US and China goes down a couple notches and we have a new ADV to praise / criticize in early 2019.

Out of curiosity, why are you selling your bikes?

Old 10-20-2018, 07:08 PM   #21

When are you going to sell the remaining 16 motorcycles? Isn’t it still a little over-crowded in your storage sheds?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
And the point of pointing out you have just sold your third motorcycle this year ?if it’s another competition count me in ,I sold off 34 in August and the first week of September .Big Whoop !
And little Noise!

Old 10-20-2018, 07:12 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jontando View Post
How fast do you need to be on those "off road, non-paved, non-traveled interesting areas" you want to explore?
It’s nice to be able to get to the area you want to explore in a timely manner!

Once you’re there SPEED doesn’t matter!

Old 10-20-2018, 08:31 PM   #23

Quote:
When are you going to sell the remaining 16 motorcycles? Isn’t it still a little over-crowded in your storage sheds?
And little Noise!
I wasn’t going to sell any of them ,but I did because I didn’t want to move them .I only have 6 left yet I have an acre for storage now so plenty of room for hundreds at the moment .Your point ?

Old 10-20-2018, 09:20 PM   #24

My local dealer got an RX4 yesterday - Ya'll wanna come n look see with me?

Old 10-20-2018, 10:21 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post
Wish I could, especially if China has a few single, slender, intelligent, polite women who know how to cook and ride. Don't any of those teenage Chinese girls for sale have single moms?

Old 10-21-2018, 12:21 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NzBrakelathes View Post

Definitely!

I hope CSC offers a lowering link just in case I need it.

Old 10-21-2018, 05:56 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons View Post
Definitely!

Do you have an RX3? Have you seen my work on the RX3S single seat tht is lower maybe 20mm? if you do this MAY help you if you where born with bum closer to the ground to most people lol.

I am kidding but serious as well.

The RX3S low seat is a bunch of work but it might just be what you need, even could trim it lower or a little higher with a lot of work.

Old 10-21-2018, 11:06 AM   #28

Another CSC Advantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essayons View Post
I have no doubt that they will make one available, probably from day one if the RX3 launch is any indicator. One of the many good points in regards to CSC versus your standard dealer is that they also have a proven track record as a motorcycle and motorcycle accessory manufacturer. They have the ability to provide all of the accessories that other aftermarket manufacturers are unwilling or unable to provide for the bikes that CSC imports.

Old 10-21-2018, 11:08 AM   #29

Sorry mate I don't have an RX3. I was referring to a lowering link made available for the RX4. If there is a lower profile seat for the RX4 I while probably go that route first so as to leave the suspension alone. I will definitely do business with you if I get the RX4. Damn shame there isn't a demand for TT250 after market parts. I would like to put a small windscreen on it.

Old 10-21-2018, 11:21 AM   #30

I had a feeling it would be close to $6K.

When one considers the specification of the bike - Alloy rims, stainless header etc this is possibly the most high-end offering we've seen from Zongshen on the US shores.

The $6K price tag is still very competitive; you're not going to find any ready-to-go Japanese bikes in that price range.

As for the Versys X-300, if that bike works for you then I don't know what the point of a comparison is; just buy it.