Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2023, 09:54 PM   #1

Thumbs Up Just bought a carbd hawk 250 help

Hi y’all, so I just bought my hawk 250 yesterday off Amazon and I live in Florida. Just wanted to drop in and say hi and kinda tell y’all my ideas for the bike and see if you guys have any improvements on what I have to say. So my first mod will probably be to put a nibbi 28fl on it and try either a 110 or 115 main jet on it( going off the carb calculator….I have no idea what I’m doing). Then I’m planning on a jfg exhaust and eventually want to get a 295 mm rear shock and raise the forks about a quarter of an inch. I’m also planning on getting an aftermarket head, thinner head gasket, and a 300 big block which I hear only makes it a true 250 somehow? Possibly looking at eventually switching the wheels and tires out with the smaller tbr7 ones… I just want a bike that I won’t die on riding on the highway, this is also going to be my girlfriends main mode of transportation so a drop in height would be appreciated too lol. Oooh also looking to get a 17/42 sprocket combo but I’m wondering if it could get better top speeds with another gearing. I’m 5’8” and my girl is 5’4-5’5 I weigh about a buck 40 and she’s right around 100. It’s nice to be a part of the community and I’m hoping y’all can help shed a little light. Thanks for taking the time to reach the end and I’ll be looking forward to hearing y’all’s responses.

Tags
big bore, hawk, hawk 250, nibbi, rear shock