Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2019, 06:52 PM   #1

I sure thought that looked like shitty alum. The wields look horrible, shit even one side looks off by a 8th of inch. Ive seen posts that say this swing arm is alum. LOL. Funny how a little bit of paint can fool so many.

Question it looks like a simple item. WHat would a fab shop charge to do one in alum.? If chinese 10yr olds can weld up these surely a fab shop could make one pretty reasonable and better.

Question on suspensions does anyone actually know what size USD forks is on the brozz and the actual rear shock size? In all of these posts no one ever quotes a damn actual spec of what is on the bike, just what they say they changed to. Plus none of the dealers even list sizes. DO they not know or just choose not to list the sizes? I suspect they dont know.LOL Hell even on the csc site they dont list any exact sizes. Unbelievable.

Old 07-04-2019, 07:50 PM   #2

I don't want to sound rude, but that swingarms, looks like a downgrade more than a upgrade.

Old 07-05-2019, 03:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjmt View Post
I sure thought that looked like shitty alum. The wields look horrible, shit even one side looks off by a 8th of inch. Ive seen posts that say this swing arm is alum. LOL. Funny how a little bit of paint can fool so many.

Question it looks like a simple item. WHat would a fab shop charge to do one in alum.? If chinese 10yr olds can weld up these surely a fab shop could make one pretty reasonable and better.

Question on suspensions does anyone actually know what size USD forks is on the brozz and the actual rear shock size? In all of these posts no one ever quotes a damn actual spec of what is on the bike, just what they say they changed to. Plus none of the dealers even list sizes. DO they not know or just choose not to list the sizes? I suspect they dont know.LOL Hell even on the csc site they dont list any exact sizes. Unbelievable.
The welds are honestly no prettier than most of the welds I have seen on the frames of any of these bikes. As long as they are structurally sound, then how they look is secondary. A strong weld doesn't have to be a pretty weld.

How much would a fab shop charge to replicate this arm in aluminum? Easily a few hundred dollars. It would be much cheaper to find a donor arm from a Honda model like an old XR or CRF and have a shop fab up and weld a shock mount on to the top of the cross brace to copy the original design. Or have tabs welded to the frame in order to use the Honda shock and linkage for their progressive setup.

I do agree that some suspension specs would be nice to record. There aren't that many active Brozz memebers on here, and even less of them are as into modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
I don't want to sound rude, but that swingarms, looks like a downgrade more than a upgrade.
Not rude at all, just your opinion. It would really depend on what you are after and what you started with. In my eyes it is an upgrade in the adjuster style. Otherwise, probably not much difference there.
https://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=34124

Old 07-06-2019, 08:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjmt View Post

Made in China 2019 and no one knows or says (nearly every bike or everything in life), THAT always is the case.
No it wasn't a 10 year old welding it but a grown man with a brain of a 10 year old (ask me how I know! I see it daily)