Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2021, 09:29 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Rinkleff View Post
its a state bureaucracy issue, its not that states have been deregistering the bike, its that they havent registered it yet -- some states are very quick and reasonable about it, others drag it out... new york and california are particularly annoying (lazy)... these states create excessive regulations and then don't hire enough staff to review the voluminous paperwork... we are trying to get away from internet vendors and establishing local dealers who are actually familiar with the local legal situation... we have never claimed the bike was street legal in all 50 states, this issue comes up everyday here and we are constantly telling people that every state has a different situation, establishing local dealers should help the process as we can then begin applying more pressure to hasten the paperwork processing... if the bike didn't qualify under EPA testing we wouldn't be able to sell it at all, it wouldn't even get past customs, so its not a federal problem

I would be interested in becoming a local dealer. What's the best way to contact you discuss further?

Paul

Old 02-26-2021, 10:04 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSICKthirtysix View Post
I would be interested in becoming a local dealer. What's the best way to contact you discuss further?

Paul
Adam is long gone from RPS. I don't think it would be too difficult to contact them and become a dealer yourself, however. For a while, there were actual dealers from what I remember here (circa 2015) in some states, but they were kind of shady or tried to charge like $2000 when these could be mail-ordered and shipped for around $1100 to 1200. This site hadn't caught on, quite yet, not to mention Motocheez wasn't given his, yet. Not sure how many people fell for the $2k Hawk...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-26-2021, 11:47 PM   #93

Ninja You might be better off contacting Peace Sports at this point and become a dealer for them and sell their Brozz lineup, you would kill it in NY. They are the best bang for the buck, they even come knobby, road or 50/50 in several colors. Seems they have the best chinese bike at the moment, with the most quality. Not sure if they have an EFI model yet, and they require some basic stability mods.

Check out videos on Peace Sports Youtube Channel!

Here is there info, (770) 662-1898 | 2885 PACIFIC DRIVE, NORCROSS, GA 30071

Maybe you could sell RPS and Bashan products.

NO HILL TOO STEEP NO MUD TOO DEEP
The Brozz | The Hawk Upgrades, Accessories, Etc...
Assembly Checklist: Brozz 250 | Hawk 250
~idle_purr

Old 02-27-2021, 08:44 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by idle_purr View Post
Ninja You might be better off contacting Peace Sports at this point and become a dealer for them and sell their Brozz lineup, you would kill it in NY. They are the best bang for the buck, they even come knobby, road or 50/50 in several colors. Seems they have the best chinese bike at the moment, with the most quality. Not sure if they have an EFI model yet, and they require some basic stability mods.

Check out videos on Peace Sports Youtube Channel!

Here is there info, (770) 662-1898 | 2885 PACIFIC DRIVE, NORCROSS, GA 30071

Maybe you could sell RPS and Bashan products.
Thank you for the information! I think these bikes would sell very well in the area of NY I am. There is also only 1 other enduro dealership that's been around forever but they only sell BETA bikes from new and as you know those bikes are very expensive. Plus they have a terrible reputation in the town.

I think the price point of chinese bikes will make it alot more attractive and reachable to all the younger riders in my area who can't afford 5 grand plus for a toy.

Old 02-27-2021, 08:47 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Adam is long gone from RPS. I don't think it would be too difficult to contact them and become a dealer yourself, however. For a while, there were actual dealers from what I remember here (circa 2015) in some states, but they were kind of shady or tried to charge like $2000 when these could be mail-ordered and shipped for around $1100 to 1200. This site hadn't caught on, quite yet, not to mention Motocheez wasn't given his, yet. Not sure how many people fell for the $2k Hawk...
The EFI Hawk is actually 2 grand I thought.

Old 02-27-2021, 09:17 PM   #96

In 2015 ,there were no efi hawks ,and the reg hawk was about $1200.00 if I am remembering correctly .

Old 02-28-2021, 08:18 PM   #97

Update*

Quote:
I called txpowersports where I plan to make my purchase, to get a full vin# of the bike.

I am going to call my local DMV and find out for sure if they can register it for the road. Hawk 250 VIN: L0WHDN109G1002307 Every 0 being a number, not a letter.

I will post an update after I contact the DMV.

***So Far I've had no luck reaching an agent to talk to about this, and everything requires an appointment to go into the local DMV.

I know so many people have contributed to this thread, but this is just me doing my part in 2021. This is a high ranking thread on google and I would hate for people to be discouraged from getting the bike.
I did find out from my local DMV that you can indeed register the Hawk and the Hawk DLX in NY for the street. The representative said to make sure Gas is checked and Motorcycle is checked. Everything else would be standard, she then mentioned that if you are confused, then just bring your paperwork in and let the agent take care of it naturally.

Here is an example:

Here is a link to the NYS DMV Registration Form:

https://dmv.ny.gov/forms/mv82.pdf

~idle_purr

Old 02-28-2021, 08:25 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSICKthirtysix View Post
The EFI Hawk is actually 2 grand I thought.
Bruces answered for me; the Hawk was a bargain (still is) at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
In 2015 ,there were no efi hawks ,and the reg hawk was about $1200.00 if I am remembering correctly .
Yep...the good ol' days!

Quote:
I did find out from my local DMV that you can indeed register the Hawk and the Hawk DLX in NY for the street. The representative said to make sure Gas is checked and Motorcycle is checked. Everything else would be standard, she then mentioned that if you are confused, then just bring your paperwork in and let the agent take care of it naturally.

Here is an example:

Here is a link to the NYS DMV Registration Form:

https://dmv.ny.gov/forms/mv82.pdf
The Hawk DLX is 49 state street legal and should have no issues being registered in NY because it is EPA/DOT certified as an 'on highway motorcycle'. The regular Hawk is the one that could be an issue because it is EPA certified as an 'offroad dirtbike' but I believe NY shouldn't give any hassles because most every dealer has 'Motorcycle' on the MCO vs. 'Dirtbike' like some used to have.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 02-28-2021, 08:36 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The Hawk DLX is 49 state street legal and should have no issues being registered in NY because it is EPA/DOT certified as an 'on highway motorcycle'. The regular Hawk is the one that could be an issue because it is EPA certified as an 'offroad dirtbike' but I believe NY shouldn't give any hassles because most every dealer has 'Motorcycle' on the MCO vs. 'Dirtbike' like some used to have.
The VIN I used was for a Carb Hawk. I then asked the lady if the EFI version would also be legal and she said absolutely. Also the Hawk DLX is around the 2G Area, though you can find similar bikes like the X-Pro cheaper with accessories, I chose a Brozz though.

~idle_purr

Old 03-01-2021, 09:55 PM   #100

Has anyone recently registered one in Vermont? I have a 2020 carb hawk 250 and live In vermont. I plan on registering it soon but reading alot of mixed story's. Any help would be appreciated. Where do you get a NADA listing? It doesnt find my vin

Old 04-29-2021, 11:12 AM   #101

Successfully Registered a carbureted Hawk in NY, EFI will pass as well.

~idle_purr