Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2017, 03:45 PM   #1

New RX3 Owner In SO CAL!

Good afternoon friends!

I'm new here and I'd like to take some time to introduce myself if you'll have me. I'm a US Navy Seabee currently in Southern California who just got home from my latest deployment a few moths ago. I've never been much of a motorcycle guy. Had a nasty spill about a decade ago that taught me how to touch my left thumb to my left elbow. That took the wind out of my sails for a long time. However when I got back State side a friend of mine offered me his motorcycle out of the blue, and his offer was so good I couldn't pass it up. It was a 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan with very few miles on it. After getting my feet wet with that, taking the basic and intermediate riders courses, and finally getting my M1 licence, I discovered that a cruiser was not the kind of bike I wanted to use as my daily driver.

Oddly enough, and I'm not here to spark any anger, Everide's review of the RX3 is what made me want one so bad. I saw his review on January 1st, and after reading and watching ever piece of information I could find online I ordered one on January 3rd. I simply could not be happier with my purchase or the awesome help I've gotten over at CSC. (I'm on a military base and their delivery driver was not able to get on base, so we worked together and got, uhh, creative...) I think the biggest thing is going into any purchase like this with a grounded sense of what you're buying. I know what the RX3 is, and thanks to Everide, what it is NOT capable of, and all of that together helped me make an informed decision. I'm coming up on my first oil change and I'm looking for every excuse to get out on the road. I'm also looking at selling the Vulcan that I've had for a total of 2 months!

I'm really looking forward to becoming an active part of this community you all have built here, as well as meeting some of you who may live in my area! If any of you are near the greater LA area, send me a message and lets get some riding in!

Old 01-17-2017, 07:59 PM   #2

Welcome!

... Owner of a 2007 200cc Beast

Old 01-17-2017, 08:10 PM   #3

Where in L.A. are you? My parents live in Northridge and my in-laws live in Camarillo. I visit as often as I can, but I don't have a bike to ride there. I am contemplating ignoring all common sense and going back to L.A. to be close to my family since the L.A. Unified is hiring teachers once again, but not sure if even the higher wage of a teacher would allow a family of five to live anywhere but the run-down neighborhoods. Plus, I couldn't bring my AK (Kalifornia outlawed them) or carry my pistol on me (I bring it with me when I visit, but they have made the laws even more draconian, and living there, I am sure there would be some lowlife attempting something which would make me protect myself but also make me a California felon) like I am used to doing.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-17-2017, 10:23 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Where in L.A. are you? My parents live in Northridge and my in-laws live in Camarillo. I visit as often as I can, but I don't have a bike to ride there. I am contemplating ignoring all common sense and going back to L.A. to be close to my family since the L.A. Unified is hiring teachers once again, but not sure if even the higher wage of a teacher would allow a family of five to live anywhere but the run-down neighborhoods. Plus, I couldn't bring my AK (Kalifornia outlawed them) or carry my pistol on me (I bring it with me when I visit, but they have made the laws even more draconian, and living there, I am sure there would be some lowlife attempting something which would make me protect myself but also make me a California felon) like I am used to doing.
My votes for az (Internet nobody)

Spanner, do you think you will be going on any of the csc organized rides (mexico?)
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-17-2017, 10:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Where in L.A. are you? My parents live in Northridge and my in-laws live in Camarillo.
I live right down the street from Camarillo! In fact the base I live on uses part of Camarillo as a housing development! Laws here are awful, and so is the crime in this area. If you've heard of Oxnard than you know what I mean. But I moved here from Chicago, and this place is like Sesame Street if you compare the crime level to Chicago

If you ever make your way out here I'd be glad to meet you! Bike or no

Old 01-17-2017, 10:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Spanner, do you think you will be going on any of the csc organized rides (mexico?)
Well, that's a weird question to answer

Since I'm active duty I have to basically jump through hoops paperwork wise to leave the country. Mexico isn't that bad, if you compare it to, well... any country in the Middle East, but it's still a lot of work and takes a lot of time. I'd love to, but the out of country rides probably aren't in the books for me.

But I am signed up with CSC's Meet-Up group and I'm going to do my best to get down there and do some of their local rides whenever I can. When I do I'll make sure to take lots of pictures and post them here!

Old 01-17-2017, 11:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner View Post
Well, that's a weird question to answer

Since I'm active duty I have to basically jump through hoops paperwork wise to leave the country. Mexico isn't that bad, if you compare it to, well... any country in the Middle East, but it's still a lot of work and takes a lot of time. I'd love to, but the out of country rides probably aren't in the books for me.

But I am signed up with CSC's Meet-Up group and I'm going to do my best to get down there and do some of their local rides whenever I can. When I do I'll make sure to take lots of pictures and post them here!
Yes, you would make a nice pawn for the Mexican government .

Sounds like you are going to be our boots on the ground for those csc rides.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 01-17-2017, 11:46 PM   #8

Quote:
I live right down the street from Camarillo! In fact the base I live on uses part of Camarillo as a housing development! Laws here are awful, and so is the crime in this area. If you've heard of Oxnard than you know what I mean. But I moved here from Chicago, and this place is like Sesame Street if you compare the crime level to Chicago

If you ever make your way out here I'd be glad to meet you! Bike or no
I should be there for Easter weekend. Are you at Port Hueneme or Pt. Magu? It's all in the same 'neighborhood.' Coincidentally, I was born in Chicago. It's like we are following each other around

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 01-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #9

Quote:
I should be there for Easter weekend. Are you at Port Hueneme or Pt. Magu? It's all in the same 'neighborhood.' Coincidentally, I was born in Chicago. It's like we are following each other around
I'm on Port Hueneme. If you find some time to escape the family get together you're probably going to let me know

And for the record I would make a terrible Mexican pawn!

Old 01-24-2017, 12:44 PM   #10

First off, let me say Thank You for your service . My better half, Rojo_Grande, and I have a child-in-law that is also active duty Navy, currently stationed at Corpus Christi, Tx.

Welcome to the RX3 world. Hope you enjoy it. We have, as both Rojo and I have RX3's. Rojo also has a TT250 and a KLR.

Hope to see you around the RX3 forum, lots of good people and info!

Old 01-26-2017, 02:53 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzhere View Post
First off, let me say Thank You for your service . My better half, Rojo_Grande, and I have a child-in-law that is also active duty Navy, currently stationed at Corpus Christi, Tx.

Welcome to the RX3 world. Hope you enjoy it. We have, as both Rojo and I have RX3's. Rojo also has a TT250 and a KLR.

Thank you for the kind welcome! I will definitely be trolling the RX3 forums. I'll contribute when I have something productive to say. I wish you and your family the best.

https://thegreasyspanner.wordpress.com

Old 01-26-2017, 07:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzhere View Post

Small world, I was at nascc today to do a safety upgrade on a piece of strength equipment. Good old Navy, this unit could not have been very old and they sent it off to destruction. Why? Said there was not enough room. Our tax dollars hard at work.

Old 01-27-2017, 11:17 AM   #13

Welcome, Spanner! Thanks for joining us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 02-02-2017, 10:37 AM   #14

Thanks again everyone for the welcome. I have a bit of a shameless plug here. Mods, if this is against some forum rules I missed please correct me.

I've started a site dedicated to the RX3 and other CSC motorcycles. I want to cover tutorials, events, maintenance, articles. Basically it's going to be a fan site, but a useful one. Most importantly I want to do my best to try and end the skepticism a lot of people have with buying a Chinese motorcycle. It isn't much yet, but I have a lot planned and am doing work on it as we speak.

If you guys Vista and have thousands, please let me know either in the comments on the site or the contact link..

Oh! And most importantly please, if you have pictures or anything you want to see featured on the site let me know!!

Old 02-02-2017, 03:22 PM   #15

Quote:
Thanks again everyone for the welcome. I have a bit of a shameless plug here. Mods, if this is against some forum rules I missed please correct me.

I've started a site dedicated to the RX3 and other CSC motorcycles. I want to cover tutorials, events, maintenance, articles. Basically it's going to be a fan site, but a useful one. Most importantly I want to do my best to try and end the skepticism a lot of people have with buying a Chinese motorcycle. It isn't much yet, but I have a lot planned and am doing work on it as we speak.

If you guys Vista and have thousands, please let me know either in the comments on the site or the contact link..

Oh! And most importantly please, if you have pictures or anything you want to see featured on the site let me know!!
good read. hope you plan on hanging around here too spanner (not too busy with your blog). link back here so we can check out your latest content. several of us are real content hounds (especially in winter).

Tags
introduction, new rider, rx3 cyclone