Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2016, 11:00 AM   #1

RX3 discounts?

Do they ever run specials? While I know it is a good price for what you get but I am a cheap bastard.

Thanks

Last edited by w0ss; 07-08-2016 at 11:02 AM. Reason: I can't spell

Old 07-08-2016, 11:31 AM   #2

They have done a few...there was a "don't miss the boat" and then I believe I remember one/two times where there was free shipping (or something of the sort).

Old 07-08-2016, 11:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzhere View Post
They have done a few...there was a "don't miss the boat" and then I believe I remember one/two times where there was free shipping (or something of the sort).
Now shipping is free on all CSC motorcycles.

I haven't seen them run any specials except the "Don't Miss the Boat" specials when they were selling pre-orders on the next model coming out.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:20 PM   #4

And sometimes they have used bikes they sell also less then a new one costs. Call them they may have one in the back room with your name on it rj

Old 07-08-2016, 02:03 PM   #5

They run a nice sale on accessories around Christmas.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:01 PM   #6

They offered some close-out pricing on the 2015 models just prior to the 2016 Don't Miss the Boat special. Might do the same for 2016 if they have any left toward the end of the year. Color choice would be limited but all the colors are nice looking.

Rojo

Old 07-08-2016, 05:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo_grande View Post
They offered some close-out pricing on the 2015 models just prior to the 2016 Don't Miss the Boat special. Might do the same for 2016 if they have any left toward the end of the year. Color choice would be limited but all the colors are nice looking.

Rojo
Rojo...you have the 15'. you know what what was upgraded on 16' s. what do you think may be upgraded on the 17' s, if anything.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-08-2016, 06:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Rojo...you have the 15'. you know what what was upgraded on 16' s. what do you think may be upgraded on the 17' s, if anything.
Don't know the full list of changes. The ones I recall are adjustable dampening on the forks, headlight upgrade, bar end weights (and shorter bars ). The orange color was changed (but still the fastest )and the blue color was replaced by silver.

For '17, the only changes I would make would improving the front brakes. Although there are some easy fixes (sintered pads and properly torqued rotor). I've read were a few foks have swapped out levers and MC to something like the link below and have reported better brake feel due to the larger Master Cylinder piston.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motor...c-33535ca516ff

Other possible changes: A better rear shock. A 13T counter sprocket as the stock gearing. Brighter lights on the gauge cluster.

These are all just nits. There's nothing I'm particularly unhappy with and a WHOLE LOT I really like about the RX-3.

Can't change or upgrade too much without altering the all important price point in some way.

Rojo

Old 07-08-2016, 08:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojo_grande View Post
Don't know the full list of changes. The ones I recall are adjustable dampening on the forks, headlight upgrade, bar end weights (and shorter bars ). The orange color was changed (but still the fastest )and the blue color was replaced by silver.

For '17, the only changes I would make would improving the front brakes. Although there are some easy fixes (sintered pads and properly torqued rotor). I've read were a few foks have swapped out levers and MC to something like the link below and have reported better brake feel due to the larger Master Cylinder piston.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Motor...c-33535ca516ff

Other possible changes: A better rear shock. A 13T counter sprocket as the stock gearing. Brighter lights on the gauge cluster.

These are all just nits. There's nothing I'm particularly unhappy with and a WHOLE LOT I really like about the RX-3.

Can't change or upgrade too much without altering the all important price point in some way.

Rojo
ha ha, i was just thinking this "Can't change or upgrade too much without altering the all important price point in some way". as i was reading along before i got to it. true true. plus they can't innovate too quickly or else nothing else to offer for the next year model (as proved by detroit over the years).

good weekend to you sir... i think i'm going to just blow out of here at 6am and grind some asphalt.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 07-08-2016, 11:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Here's a list of the upgrades so far.

http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=16700

It's hard to say what will be upgraded in 2017. I like Rojo's suggestion about improving the front brakes. I would also like to see:
  • Brighter headlight
  • Brighter brake light
  • One piece seat
  • Helmet hook under the seat
  • And maybe throw in standard charging ports

2015 CSC red RX3 with 19" front wheel, Shinko 804/805, skid plate, tall seat, 13T/45T sprockets, progressive shock, Winyoochanok windshield, GENSSI LED headlight, SW-Motech tankbag, Shorai Lithium battery
2014 Ural Patrol

Old 07-09-2016, 10:26 AM   #11

Honestly, I think the only improvements that I'd like to see would be the better front brake setup and also, the helmet lock the TT comes with. It's a nice little unit.

My front brake it just weird. Sometimes it's perfect, other times it chatters and wiggles....then it's fine again. I've even bedded them in after 300 miles with sintered pads. I may try the re-torque.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350

Old 07-09-2016, 09:40 PM   #12

I'd like to see:

Improved front brake, it's weak for me even with sintered pads.

Improved headlight, a bit scary in stock form in deer infested areas without aux lighting. I broke the mounts on both aux lights on my last trip, one due to vibration and one from a fall, the way back was so bad I stopped for the night right after dark. After barely seeing 4 deer on the side of the road I called it a night.

Improved tailight. Everyone behind me on the 4000 mile trip I just took said it looked very bright but little difference between brightness when breaking. They didn't catch me using the brakes a few times, that could be improved.

Higher output USB It must be low powered as it can't maintain my phones charge using google maps, I'm replacing mine which kind of negates getting that as an option. The 12v USB plugs I use are 2.1 amp and work great but wiggle loose as 12v plugs are terrible on bikes. I'll probably exchange that for more USB once I find something that fits well. The accessory should be upgraded to a 2.1 amp plug so it can maintain a phones battery when used for navigation or just to charge things fast enough. Another nice option would be a switch to keep it hot for charging at camp sites. The KLR's used that and it worked really well to charge Sena headsets overnight without draining the battery at all.

Fuel tank range.
This was a major pain in the butt touring with two KLR's. The RX3 has almost half the range which means way to many stops on a long trip and way to much anxiety in areas where fuel stations aren't common or close early at night. It's basically a 150 mile range under normal conditions. I experienced strong headwinds which took the MPG to 29 leaving me with 101 miles to empty. That is a very real scenario crossing some parts of the western states with a headwind. The 4.2 gallons was a major selling point as I expected at least 200 miles to a tank which should be the minimum for any ADV bike. I had a spare fuel can on that trip that was used about 6 times.