Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2016, 12:37 AM   #1

They're here! SSR street bikes...

The Razkull 125 'GLV' ('Grom Like Vehicle') has been shown as available for a few weeks now, but now the 'Bucaneer' twins are showing as available as well. Both are very good looking bikes, and I am having a difficult time deciding which one of the 'twins' I like better.

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/...reet-index.php

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard

Old 10-20-2016, 08:05 AM   #2

Snake Eyes looks like one of those chopped up TW200 bikes.Not a fan.But..... That Cafe and Classic is flippin my switches.I think I'd go Cafe.I like the old school racer boy look.It's hard to chose,ain't it.I'd buy both,if I had the dough.

Old 10-20-2016, 11:23 AM   #3

Culc

$3500? Still 55 to 60 mph ? What do you think
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-20-2016, 02:44 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
Culc

$3500? Still 55 to 60 mph ? What do you think
I think a twin would be able to scoot on the highways.A V Star 250 can keep up with me on the interstate at 70mph.

I do agree that I think the price should be around $2000,but the fit and finish seems to be on par with,or maybe just a little better than a Japanese bike.Pictures can be deceiving tho.

Old 10-20-2016, 07:33 PM   #5

MSRP is usually not the end price, unless these start selling like hotcakes, ala CSC. I would imagine these (the twins) can cruise at least at the same speed as their XF250 enduro, although the only thing in common is engine size, whereas the Snake Eyes, when it comes out, uses the same engine as the XF250 (I saw both on the same certification line in the EPA list [LOL, I know you think I spend hours going over that list], meaning they are essentially the same bike in the eyes of the EPA/DOT on-highway list, but slightly different model). Member dh reports that his XF250 gets up to 70+ and cruises at 65 mph.

For my commute, I would need about 60-65 mph cruising speed, with a blast to 70.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-21-2016, 02:50 PM   #6

For comparison, the GW 250 from Suzuki has an MSRP of $4099. The reason the GW is probably considered closest to the SSR twins is the fact that it is manufactured in China, too. Yes, it is a joint venture factory, so is essentially a Suzuki. However, SSR will have a difficult time moving their bikes with similar brand name bikes only several hundred $ more, in my opinion, so discounting will be the name of the game. Again, depending on how the public takes to them. Cleveland Cyclewerks has a cult following and has sold quite a few of their bobbers, as well as their cafe racers at the $3k+ range. These SSR bikes, which will soon include the bobber, are stylish like the CCW lineup, and might create a cult following of their own.

Kind of like how SSR's XF250 enduro beats the DR200s hands down for style, features, and a larger engine for a $1k less MSRP. The GW 250 is basic transportation, while it could be argued from a salesperson's point of view, that the SSR 3 bike lineup (when the bobber becomes available) is far more 'cool' to be seen on and costs less for the same use of the bike (basic transportation).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150

Old 10-21-2016, 05:54 PM   #7

I think the rule of thumb is to wait 8 months on a new year model. Just like the ford's and the Chevy wait till they start saying $12000 off then we will buy them.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~Benjamin Franklin~

Old 10-21-2016, 07:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
I think the rule of thumb is to wait 8 months on a new year model. Just like the ford's and the Chevy wait till they start saying $12000 off then we will buy them.
Exactly! I like the way you think...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150