Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Dual Sport/Enduro
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2022, 07:18 AM   #1

motostar/zongshen parts

i have a motorstar r155 in the philippines, it was assembled in the philippines by motostar but made by zongshen. i was last there in 2018 but have not been back since due to the pandemic situation. on my last trip there the front disc brake had lost power so i changed the brake fluid to no joy. it is 2010 model so i suspect the disc brake hose rubber is the problem. at that time i thought i would take care of it on my next trip. getting ready to return this year and am having trouble finding info on motostar dealers to source the part. i am thinking i might be able to get the part from zongshen. i thought some one on china riders might know a source for zongshen parts. thanks

Old 06-29-2022, 10:44 AM   #2

You don't need an original part for brake lines. They're all mechanically the same.

Just measure the length of the thing, determine if there are any pre-bent angles in the metal parts on either end that need to remain the same, and verify that the fittings on the end are for 10mm banjo bolts (the overwhelming majority of them are) and just order whatever you can find that's close enough from whichever wretched hive of scum and villainy is available to you: Amazon, eBay, Aliexpress, local shop, whatever.

It's usually literally as easy as take the old one off, lay it out straight on the floor, and measure how long it is with a tape measure.

You'll probably want to replace the copper crush washers for both fittings on either end, as well. You'll need four. They cost pennies.

Old 06-30-2022, 07:04 AM   #3

The problem is I am presently in the USA and the bike is in the Philippines, so just now I can’t measure the brake hose.

Old 06-30-2022, 05:21 PM   #4

Can you get someone to take a picture or two, or run a tape measure and estimate length? Chances are there is an off the shelf bargain that will work. Fixed angles aren't usually necessary. A flat banjo bolt connector can often fit where an angled one was installed. Installations are pretty flexible. In fact, you should upgrade to braided stainless steel as long as you are buying.