Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Street
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2015, 03:13 AM   #1

dose anyone know about this supplier?

Hi, I'm a little new to the motorcycle market and am looking at getting a Bubba 250cc Chopper Motorcycle MC-DF250RTB Pro Street Chopper as a starter and have been looking for best price with some guarantee that I am going to be able to register it in Washington state. I have found what appears to be an incredible deal for it at this site

http://bestqualitymotorsports.vstore...fa246e94305d35

it dose say a fare amount of assembly required but iv put together mini choppers and low power scooters before so assembly shouldn't be a problem but the deal seems a little too good to be true, its saying $5 shipping cost and COD for payment. It dose say any shipping damage is the buyer responsibility to file a claim and report to the shipping company under their shipping&returns info page but i'm planning on possible replacement for motor and trans already so my primary concern is frame, forks, and wheels, everything else can either be repaired or replaced fairly easily and cheaply. Dose anyone on here have experience with or info on this company? Dose anyone know if the shipping they use has a good reputation or not? Can anyone confirm if they send an MSO or MCO that can be used in Washington state?

Old 10-12-2015, 02:22 PM   #2

Welcome!

That looks like Barnone's Dong Fang Bobber: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=8479

I've never heard of that specific dealer.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-13-2015, 02:04 AM   #3

thanks, i saw that post before i found this site so i'm pretty sure it is the same base model, the link on that post http://www.extremescooters.biz/250cc...chopper-B.aspx is actually one i followed to find a possible supplier, just trying to get a better price since the MC D250RTB_B model (which is the 3rd version of the bike) is available at $1999 i was looking for the MC D250RTB_A model (version 2) or the original (MC D250RTB) to get a better price since the primary difference seems to be either front forks or cosmetic or the motor that i'm planning to replace anyway. I think the one from the best quality motorsports site is MC D250RTB or MC D250RTB_A but i don't yet know if its a good idea to order from "best quality motorsports"

Old 10-13-2015, 11:27 AM   #4

Why are you planning to replace the motor?

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-13-2015, 12:22 PM   #5

I think that is the bike I saw when working in Utah a few weeks ago, as the guy said it was a Dong Fang. In the brief parking lot conversation he said he loves it; people ask about it all the time and it is a riot to drive anywhere less than 65mph.

Old 10-13-2015, 03:01 PM   #6

Weldangrind, there are 2 reasons i'm already looking for motor replacements. First, i'm planning to replace the motor because i'm not good at maintaining gas motors so i'l likely need to repair or replace it w/in 6 to 12 months anyway so i am already sourcing parts and replacement options. Second, there are a lot of accounts of motor trouble out of the box for the Dong Fang model bikes on http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/sh...F250RTB-Bobber which i have bookmarked but dose not seem to work anymore, appears to be linked to as part of this thread also http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=8479 so i have been researching replacement options in advance in case i am unlucky and the motor is bad out of the box, and while i have been looking at the Heist mentioned in the http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=8479 thread it is just over $3K and if i can get similar model for just over $2K with shipping included or if this "best quality motorsports" site is legit just under $1K with shipping included i would be happy to save some money.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:18 PM   #7

The CG pushrod motors are dependable little units. If you change your oil regularly and set the valves once in awhile, you'll find it to be a terrific little powerplant.

Old 10-14-2015, 03:48 AM   #8

I'l keep that in mind Weldangrind, one of my brothers likes to play mechanic so maybe I wont need to change the motor, but my big question right now is where do I get it from in the first place. I'm not in a hurry to buy since i'm looking to make this purchase with my tax return in 8 to 10 months but would rely like any info possible on http://bestqualitymotorsports.vstoresite.com/ as I can get so I can figure out if they are legitimate.

Old 10-14-2015, 10:32 AM   #9

I have no experience with any US dealers. Perhaps you'd care to send a PM to Barnone and ask him.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:32 PM   #10

Unless you are living in china........at least that is where they list as a contact us address!

Tags
first bike, questions on supplier