Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX3
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2018, 10:57 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Very possible. Is your bike still under warranty? Talk with the guys at CSC. If you're comfortable truing a wheel have a go at it.
Yeah, I have only had the bike a few weeks. I will call them tomorrow. Hopefully they can shed some light on this issue.

Old 09-11-2018, 07:34 PM   #17

Also next time your riding it and get it to wobble, lean your upper body forward towards handle bars. Mine does it sometimes on trips when my load distribution makes the front end light. By leaning forward it stops the wobble right now by getting more weight on the front wheel. rj

Old 09-17-2018, 04:34 PM   #18

Haven't posted on this for a few days - had a lot going on. So I spoke with CSC and they were very helpful. It looks like I have a bent spoke as well as several loose spokes on the wheel. I'm going to ship the wheel to CSC for them to fix and they will send it back. Hopefully this fixes my issue.

The folks at CSC were extremely helpful and very pleasant to deal with. So overall I'm happy to be getting to the bottom of this and happy for CSC's support in getting this fixed at no cost to me. The downside is that the riding season here in Montana is rapidly coming to a close and it kind of sucks being without my new RX3 for a couple of weeks. Fortunately, I'm getting new rubber mounted on my VStar as we speak so I will have something to ride in the meantime...

Old 09-18-2018, 07:30 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDukeSix View Post
Haven't posted on this for a few days - had a lot going on. So I spoke with CSC and they were very helpful. It looks like I have a bent spoke as well as several loose spokes on the wheel. I'm going to ship the wheel to CSC for them to fix and they will send it back. Hopefully this fixes my issue.

The folks at CSC were extremely helpful and very pleasant to deal with. So overall I'm happy to be getting to the bottom of this and happy for CSC's support in getting this fixed at no cost to me. The downside is that the riding season here in Montana is rapidly coming to a close and it kind of sucks being without my new RX3 for a couple of weeks. Fortunately, I'm getting new rubber mounted on my VStar as we speak so I will have something to ride in the meantime...

Nothing like having a few bikes around. I have eight. One for each day of the week and a wild card.

Old 10-23-2018, 05:57 PM   #20

Well I finally got the wheel back yesterday. I figured since I was already halfway there I went ahead and installed a set of Shinko 804/805s at both ends and took the bike out for a 25 mile or so ride - maybe 2 miles of dirt road and the rest on pavement.

I am happy to say that my problem is now resolved! It was just a bad spoke I guess.

Although it took a little while to get everything resolved (some of the delay was on my end), I have to say, CSC was great to work with. They were extremely helpful from start to finish and they didn't minimize my issue - they agreed I had a safety issue and I really felt like they were working with me to get this done. I guess this is one of those rare instances in life where the low cost option comes with the best service?

Old 10-23-2018, 07:24 PM   #21

Glad to hear that you got it resolved. I ran the 804/805's on my RX3 and run them on my F800GSA. Awesome tires. Fantastic off-road and well mannered on pavement. Good life to them also at a cheap price!

Old 10-23-2018, 07:56 PM   #22

My tires are too new to let my cheap ass buy new ones...

I also have a very mild suggestion of wobble at around 40, but it's not strong. I'm at 30 PSI front and 28 rear. I haven't found a great number for pressures yet, suggestions?

Old 10-23-2018, 09:06 PM   #23

Yesterday my mechanic Tang and I finished of the "test" 19 inch wheel and Shinko tyre.

It is spoked and tubeless

Proudly "Made in China by Tang and Tako"

Korean tyre tho lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tyre.jpg (55.1 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg Tubeless making.jpg (11.6 KB, 574 views)
File Type: jpg Tubeless.jpg (9.9 KB, 287 views)
File Type: jpg Finished wheel.jpg (11.7 KB, 265 views)

Old 10-24-2018, 02:26 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvarez View Post
I'm at 30 PSI front and 28 rear. I haven't found a great number for pressures yet, suggestions?
I'm using the recommended pressures...33 front, 36 rear. In 8K miles I have not had any handling issues with either the OEM tires or the Shinko 705s that are on the bike now. I cannot remember ever seeing a bike where the rear was supposed to have less pressure than the front. A good rule of thumb is that you should see a 10% rise in pressure from cold to fully warmed up. If you see more than 10% gain the tires have flexed and caused excess heat. Less than 10% and you have too much cold pressure so you are not getting optimum road contact. Running soft tires might be your headshake problem.

Peter Y.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:48 PM   #25

Tubeless? Spoked rim? Details, please!

Old 10-24-2018, 06:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
yes please, interested in knowing how they did that.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:04 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
I'm using the recommended pressures...33 front, 36 rear. In 8K miles I have not had any handling issues with either the OEM tires or the Shinko 705s that are on the bike now. I cannot remember ever seeing a bike where the rear was supposed to have less pressure than the front. A good rule of thumb is that you should see a 10% rise in pressure from cold to fully warmed up. If you see more than 10% gain the tires have flexed and caused excess heat. Less than 10% and you have too much cold pressure so you are not getting optimum road contact. Running soft tires might be your headshake problem.

Peter Y.
I haven't heard the PSI rule of thumb before. It makes sense and is pretty interesting.

Through all of this, I did determine that my headshake problem was the result of a bent spoke. Once the spoke got fixed, my problem went away - unless you are saying that maybe my problem went away because of the tire change I did at the same time and my spoke conclusion was erroneous? I was just running the stock tires before...

Old 10-24-2018, 08:14 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
He had special stuff from Japan and stuck it round the rim, then 2 pack glue the join then some other fancy tape round it all and fitted valve - alll cost me $15 normally $30.
Can't tell more cause I don't know more

Old 10-24-2018, 09:14 PM   #29

When I was a racer boy, I did the math and calculated what PSI my tires needed in order to support myself and the bike. I religiously maintained those pressures. Back then, I was 130lbs in gear. I carried nothing with me. NADA! Not even the bikes included tool kit. A few dollars for a drink and snack. Not even my license, reg, or insurance card. I lived dangerously back then. I figured if "The Man" caught me I'd be dead from trying to outrun them.

Old 10-26-2018, 10:00 AM   #30

I just realized I posted my numbers backwards; I'm at 28 front and 30 rear. I guess I'll give the higher pressures a try, though they sound too high for comfort and grip. I have a TPMS system on the bike that reads temp, but I'm not sure how accurately an add-on TPMS can read tire temp. They go up from about 80 ambient here to just under 100, however it's always hotter on the roads than in my garage. So I'm not sure how to measure the part of the temp change that's related to flex.