Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Pit/Pocket Bikes & Scooters
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2021, 10:29 PM   #1

xpro x7 125cc Countershaft seal

so i got my xpro x7 125cc grom clone in today and after doing the usual new bike stuff i went to ride it and the dang countershaft seal was spewing oil all over the sprocket and cover. removed the sprocket and the seal popped out and was leaking oil even with the bike shut off. i pushed it in with a socket and put everything back together, made it 40 feet and the thing made a pop and oil started leaking from that seal again. does anyone know if i can just get a seal kit for it, its the same as the vader, hellcat, and fuerza.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:10 AM   #2

If you look on the face of the seal, it should tell you the ID, OD, and width of the seal, like shown below. Post up the numbers on it, it may be one of THESE

Old 03-20-2021, 08:16 AM   #3

That seal should be the same as a Honda horizontal engine (z50-ct70’s etc) ,but before that check the crankcase vent to make sure it isn’t plugged,kinked or if it has a filter in it check the direction of the filter .If the vent checks out (it’s near the engine mount ) ,when you re-install another seal ,put a thin bead of rtv around the outside while doing it .

Old 03-25-2021, 02:58 PM   #4

It wasnt the countershaft seal although it is loose. The stator cover has 2 square notches milled out where it marries to the motor and its leaking from there and the where the wires come out of the top. Its also leaking a coolant from the top where the wires are. I have a video but dont know if i can upload it.

Old 03-25-2021, 08:05 PM   #5

Are you sure the engine isn't overfilled with engine oil? Or possibly the carb is leaking fuel into the cylinder, overfilling the crankcase. If so, the engine oil will smell like gas.

I'm pretty sure the engine is an air-cooled horizontal pitbike type, there wouldn't be any type of coolant in the engine.

Old 03-25-2021, 08:25 PM   #6

no gas in oil but carb is terrible. i feel like there should be a grommet in this area im talking about but i tore the stator cover off again and took the gasket off and cleaned it real good noticing that there was a small spot that was compromised. took the plastic off and found the crankcase vent line and unkinked that. gave both sides a thin coat of RTV and that helped that leak at the timing wires. however i still couldnt find any green liquid except there at the timing wires. seal is good now but still have to source a grommet for this cut out for this weird wire that goes above the front sprocket. thats where that most oil comes out and it hits the sprocket and sends it flying everywhere.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:23 PM   #7

Is the wire color a mint green with a red tracer? If so, that is the neutral indicator that goes to a light in the speedometer housing.

Old 03-25-2021, 09:43 PM   #8

Old 03-25-2021, 09:44 PM   #9

No its black. Neutral indicator sounds about right though. Gonna hit fastnal or home depot and see if I can locate a grommet to fit there. The cutout for that wire is way too big.

Tags
125cc, countershaft seal, grom clone, vader 125, xpro x7