Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Media/Reviews/Classifieds/Sponsors > Free Classifieds > Wanted
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2016, 11:38 AM   #1

Rim and tire?

I picked up a 2008 BSE (Bosuer) 200/250cc pit bike and the rear rim appears bent. May be possible to fix by truing the rim but I'm not capable and the local labor rates are worth more than what I picked up the bike for.

Parts tend to be cheap for these bikes and similar China clones but I can't seem to find the 14" rear rim size this bikes has. A lot of 10" & 12" but not the 14". Can anyone direct me or have for sale a rear rim and tire for this bike? I'm in Canada so I have to take shipping in to consideration.

Tire size -> 90/100-14 2.15 std rim for disc brake. Looks like the following.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:57 PM   #2

rim

HELLO... check MULTINATIONAL PARTS in KITCHENER , ONTARIO.... I JUST order some 12 inch rims for GIO today.. about $35.00 cdn plus shipping

Old 09-30-2016, 10:28 AM   #3

Crackerjac, you'd be amazed at what you can do with a little help from Youtube. If you buy a blank aluminum rim, you could use the existing spokes and hub and lace it up. You can buy a cheap truing stand to make to process easier, or just mount the rim on the bike and support the bike on a stand. I've done it enough times that I've learned to appreciate a truing stand. An aluminum rim would be lighter and more resistant to bending.

You can certainly try to true the existing rim before spending any money. Just get a decent spoke wrench (you need one anyway) and follow video instruction on Youtube.

Where in Canada are you? If you're anywhere near the border, you can often find decent prices on parts and tools, despite the awful exchange rate.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 09-30-2016, 11:30 AM   #4

I decided to give truing the wheel a try, not hard but the previous owner bent the rim pretty bad. This will take some time and will never be perfect but should be ok until I find a good replacement.

Where I found a cheap price for a new 14" rear tire rim combo they are out of stock, and where they do have stock they are worth more than I picked up the the bike for, lol.

14" rear doesn't appear to be that common anymore. Has anyone successfully fitted a 21"/18" front rear combo on these 200/250cc bikes? Worth it?

Going down a size to a 12" doesn't seem practical and would look dumb in my opinion.

Old 09-30-2016, 11:49 AM   #5

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjac View Post
I decided to give truing the wheel a try, not hard but the previous owner bent the rim pretty bad. This will take some time and will never be perfect but should be ok until I find a good replacement.

Where I found a cheap price for a new 14" rear tire rim combo they are out of stock, and where they do have stock they are worth more than I picked up the the bike for, lol.

14" rear doesn't appear to be that common anymore. Has anyone successfully fitted a 21"/18" front rear combo on these 200/250cc bikes? Worth it?

Going down a size to a 12" doesn't seem practical and would look dumb in my opinion.
Might be a good time to try Taobao. That's where I found a great deal on my new wheel sets.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
Might be a good time to try Taobao. That's where I found a great deal on my new wheel sets.
Well I've bought from Aliexpress many time with no issues. Here is my dumb question of the day, where do I find the english version of Taobao?

Old 09-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #7

Thumbs Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackerjac View Post
Well I've bought from Aliexpress many time with no issues. Here is my dumb question of the day, where do I find the english version of Taobao?
You dont you use google to translate it for you. You can setup google to do it automatically. If you right click on the page you find what you need.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:16 PM   #8

http://mashable.com/2016/05/11/googl.../#8pscgu4uosqZ
Don't forget http://support.google.com/translate/.../6142483?hl=en for the texts that inside pic

Old 10-03-2016, 11:40 AM   #9

You need to buy through an agent. Read about it here: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14466

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 10-04-2016, 04:09 AM   #10

I have a small rim rolling chassis 250 around here somewhere ,I will have to check out the wheel size but I find it hard to believe the rear is only 14" .You can certainly have the wheel off of it if you want it .What size is the front wheel on your bike ,I am wondering if somebody already replaced the wheel with a smaller one .

Old 10-04-2016, 12:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I have a small rim rolling chassis 250 around here somewhere ,I will have to check out the wheel size but I find it hard to believe the rear is only 14" .You can certainly have the wheel off of it if you want it .What size is the front wheel on your bike ,I am wondering if somebody already replaced the wheel with a smaller one .

Hi Bruce, you know you might be on to something. The front is a 17" (70/100-17) but has a 15mm axle shaft. The rear is currently a 14" (90/100-14) with a 12mm axle shaft but I just noticed it has 15mm adjuster blocks on it! I think someone in the past did replace the rear with a smaller pit bike tire. I maybe wrong but the adjuster thing is not right.

It seems like a 19"/16" combo would fit this bike properly as there is a lot of space up front.

I'd appreciate you letting me know what you have and we'll go from there.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:03 PM   #12

I am doing a head gasket on a Dodge Journey today ,so I do not have a lot of time ....but ,I just went out and looked at the bike and it has a 17" front and 14" rear rim on it .I never would of thought they would put something that small on a bike that size .Anyways ,it's a drum brake rear ,the tire is junk ,and it's free if you want it .Send me your shipping address and I will send it out in the next few days when I get a chance .
Bruce.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce's View Post
I am doing a head gasket on a Dodge Journey today ,so I do not have a lot of time ....but ,I just went out and looked at the bike and it has a 17" front and 14" rear rim on it .I never would of thought they would put something that small on a bike that size .Anyways ,it's a drum brake rear ,the tire is junk ,and it's free if you want it .Send me your shipping address and I will send it out in the next few days when I get a chance .
Bruce.

Mine is a disc brake rear so it wouldn't work but thanks got looking.