Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > General > Dealer & Distributor Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #31

:!: to vincedrake: i not ready to yet, i think my point has been made my business isnt hidden phone is listed maybe even through lifans website and my website if you have doubts call me
:!: to shawn: all i ask or have ever asked for is to take care of my customers with their warranty claims dont worry i wont even bother with the labor.
p.s. i will do my best to get my american lifan banner off my website as soon as i can
fired roketa,lifan and jet moto and apollo quit me who's next

Old 09-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #32

I think it is sad that a person such as Phil who has demonstrated a willingness to help even when he isn't making any money is treated in such a manner.

Lifan has a few things to learn about the American market and the American consumer, and apparently has MORE than a few things to learn about acceptable business practices and ethics . . .

Just my opinion and my 2 cents worth . . .

Luke, 11: 21

Old 09-03-2008, 09:23 AM   #33

If this was simply a single complaint from a lone dealer I could right it off as a disgruntled vendor. Unfortunately it seems to be a recurring theme with respect to American Lifan as of late.

It's really very simple. Take care of your dealers and they'll take care of you. If parts/bikes are unavailable be open about it with your distribution network.

"The beatings will continue until moral improves"

Old 09-03-2008, 10:41 AM   #34

Frostbyte.... how is a "vendor" supposed to know what part a dealer needs if they are filling out their orders incorrectly?

Phil... Even though you will not be buying bike from us anymore we still need to correct your issues. Email me what you sent to the parts department and Ill see what I can sift through. [ shawn@americanlifan.com ]

Old 09-05-2008, 10:59 PM   #35

well heres the update i contacted shawn sent him the papers and the numbers were right and acceptable this time. david called me and reminded me how he told to to send the old one back before he could send a replacement. :roll: frank called today (from what i could tell was unaware of my arguement) and he said he was sending parts. i didnt bother to tell shawn that i sent (faxed)the same paper as i did the first time (the very same not even a copy) untill later. i dont remember david this time or ever asking for parts back but i sent them, and frank has never called but maybe its all my falt, maybe now they have gremlins in the warehouse :wink:
does this mean that all is good i dont know but i hope so all i can say we will see.
as for me i feel this was grossly mishandled and i think i am better off not selling them hopefully i can move what stock im stuck with as for the owner i got him fixed a while back and at least he was happy in case your wondering i bought the parts to fix it. now the big question will the other bikes i sold still be warrantied by american lifan? yes i know shawn/american lifan reads this now all things concidered i have been kind would they care to make a public statement here on this forum that they are willing to warranty parts for what i have sold or selling :?: maybe with conditions like no labor charges or send the old parts back???

Old 09-24-2008, 06:15 PM   #36

well i assume from the lack of response from american lifan that they dont care about their products and last time i looked they were having more problems but i am not allowed on since ive been banned from their forum just goes to show how a fine product can be poorly managed and quite possible cause the demise of the company at least in this country i have a hard time beleiving that others will tolerate this type of behavior. maybe some of the people from this forum should poise the question to them on their forum :twisted:

Old 09-24-2008, 06:54 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil
well i assume from the lack of response from american lifan that they dont care about their products and last time i looked they were having more problems but i am not allowed on since ive been banned from their forum just goes to show how a fine product can be poorly managed and quite possible cause the demise of the company at least in this country i have a hard time beleiving that others will tolerate this type of behavior. maybe some of the people from this forum should poise the question to them on their forum :twisted:
I could and would and should except for the FACT I couldnt care less about American Lifan and their rice bowl breaking loons...err....goons.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:14 PM   #38

You know, that's just awesome. Just freakin' awesome.

There was a time, not too long ago, when a distributor ran out of product, due to their own incompetance, that they'd spend the next 2 years sucking up to their dealers.

Interest-free stock loans? No problem!
Uber-Discount for pre-orders? Yes Sir!
You need Parts? Here, have a box of accessories with them!
Corporate paid advertizing? Let me call the networks for you...

A *real* distributor sure as theres an ass in assume, wouldn't be crapping on their dealers when they haven't even got a product to sell...

Awesome. Resale value of gy-5 just dropped another $400.

--Vince

Old 09-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #39

Phil: Lack of response was not do to us not caring about our products. We honestly don't have time to browse forums all day long. You were never banned from the forum... Is your carb problem fixed now?

Everyone else: I'm not sure what has happened to this forum but due to so much negativity we really neglect to read everything on here. We used to come here to help people in need that have not quite been directed to our site yet. If anyone has a problem with a Lifan product that was purchased through our dealer network I would be glad to help. Email me: Shawn@americanlifan.com

Thanks,

Shawn

Old 09-25-2008, 10:34 AM   #40

Re: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlifan
Phil: Lack of response was not do to us not caring about our products. We honestly don't have time to browse forums all day long. You were never banned from the forum... Is your carb problem fixed now?

Everyone else: I'm not sure what has happened to this forum but due to so much negativity we really neglect to read everything on here. We used to come here to help people in need that have not quite been directed to our site yet. If anyone has a problem with a Lifan product that was purchased through our dealer network I would be glad to help. Email me: Shawn@americanlifan.com

Thanks,

Shawn
Negitivity?
I for one have tried to see both sides of your issue.
From what I've been able to decipher, you hung your dealers out to dry, now you want to make money off of your ex-dealer's customer base. I'm sure you won't see it that way Shawn. After all, we're just the people buying and selling your product, and filling your pockets. This is just my opinion Shawn, not negitive, not positive. Soon to be not intrested. :wink:

Old 09-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #41

Ironfist: My post was not intended to point fingers. As a whole this forum does infact have some very negative people.(not just on the topic of American Lifan) The only time I'm over here is to aide with whatever problem is at hand. I'm not sure how you think we are hanging dealers out to dry. I'm sure that even Phillip understands that even though he is not a dealer he can get the parts he needs to service his customers. Phillip is a good dealer he just does not fit our business model at this time. I do however appreciate your input.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #42

anybody can look at the dates posted its not browse the forum all day you dont respond to in several weeks and you dont take action untill its public the carb problem was fixed and could you explain for everyone what the model dealer is , someone who pushes 50 bike a week with no warranty, or are you going to say i havent orderd since nov. 07 again (remember i still have the paper work) and since i havent been banned from your forum why did i get
"You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information. "
i can see nothing has changed and im glad not to be a part of it, but i also think that others should be warned your playing with peoples livelyhood
just for the record i was the biggest fan of lifan great product and i endorsed them fully it wasnt untill this warranty issue got mishandled and stories and excuses started and this was my last resort
shawn done a wonderful job to start but something has run a miss and needs to be corrected i would even concider being a dealer again but many changes would have to be made

Old 09-25-2008, 12:42 PM   #43

I surely didn't ban you but PM me you IP and I will check on it. I still don't understand why one warranty issue turned into this much of a problem. I was just thrown in the middle of it and I heard excuses of why this problem was not being handled from the part department. I did my best to get the issue handled and to the best of my knowledge it is behind us now.

Old 09-25-2008, 03:04 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlifan
As a whole this forum does infact have some very negative people.
I'll take that!

I've been told many times in the past that I'm a negative person. Pessimistic is a word I'm very familiar with.

To the contrary, I consider myself quite the optimist...as I am absolutely certain that I can find something bad in every situation.

To the matter at hand, however, I have tried to keep my opinions to myself, for the most part. I don't really know the specifics of this situation well enough to point a finger in any direction, but I can say, without reservation, that this does not seem to be the only situation which raises cause for concern.

There was the problem Bruce had a while back (again, not pointing fingers, just referring to previous events), the whole "grey martket" fiasco, and even the "break your rice bowl" statement.

I have not had any problems with my AL GY-5, but then...I don't ride it very often. And, if I were to have a problem, I have zero confidence that I'd get help from AL, or from my "official" dealer.

Negative? Perhaps, but not without valid reason.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project

Old 09-25-2008, 05:08 PM   #45

Ok I'm new to Lifan bikes and to this forum so howdy. I just bought three GY-5's I hope I'm not going to be sorry

Now the impression I am getting is AL is only wanting to sale parts to their own customers, is that correct?

If so I' must say that their missing the boat as there are a lot of Greys out there and that could mean more income for who ever has the best parts distribution network.

I'm sorry but a bad name for Lifan will cross the line to AL also, so sale parts and make happy Lifan/AL customers! I know it took weeks for me to get the two seperated and it's still confusing!

One last point this is the electronic era so internet sales are of great importance, so sale parts online!

I'm 600+ miles from the nearest AL or Lifan dealer so I can't just drop by!

And if the quality of the bolts being used are as bad as I have read maybe some upgrade kits are in order!

If I have interpreted the situation wrong my apologies.

Well thats my thoughts on the situation.

Alaskan-Dad

Closed Thread