Go Back   ChinaRiders Forums > Technical/Performance > Adventure Bikes > Zongshen RX4
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2022, 06:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kelly View Post
But the problem is that the bike Runs too lean from the get go !!! it could handle more fuel throughout the entire band ! .... the question is how much resistance is needed and where do I put it ? LOL I'm willing to add a resister in line to richen up my bike I don't think a bike should have a white plug in it...but that is how they are set up... !
Bob.....
These bikes do not have catalytic converter but catalytic converter mesh in the muffler which is an ordinary straight pipe and the mixture on the lower parts is set to very poor to make the exhaust as clean as possible which results in lack of power in the lower parts of the rpm my RX3 had power only from 6000k rpm now after map tuning by Italians the power is from 3000k rpm. At the beginning, it is quite a strange experience for someone who is used to riding this motorcycle, so the map must be tuned, i.e. injection time, fuel quantity and ignition timing, that all sensors make corrections to the amount of mixture and ignition timing in relation to the basic map and work together which means that a change in the signal of one sensor can cause something in the form of misinformation for the ecu which may result in a check engine light up.