Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #31
Banned

Hopefully;)!

Meet the nicest people on a RX-3!

Old 01-17-2015, 08:37 AM   #32
Banned

Warm(er) riding is best:)!

I plan to not hurry and pick my bike up in March, the middle probably or more toward the end, even for that reason, and also to let some others put some miles on their bikes to allow any issues that affect ALL or most bikes to be known (and resolved) BEFORE I take off for home. I am thinking (if late and warm enough) possibly going the scenic route through Colorado and stopping in to see My Son in FT Riley, KS and then on to camp at Kato's in ALtamont! with a fellow Zonger!

Old 01-26-2015, 10:54 PM   #33
Banned

May work into a group ride after all,

The delay will probably mean delivery in Late April , even possibly May, depending on ship date and strike status at unloading dock.
That will resolve the cold riding concerns voiced at my initial post.
ALso,
I it drags on into May (or Later), I'm thinking go the Tahoe, Utah, Colorado, to KS to visit my son in Ft Riley, KS, then on to ALtamont to Kato's to enjoy his offer of hospitality/camping with his family. That will allow us to do any maintainance and or repairs before undertaking the final 1000 miles approx left in our trip.ANyone wanting or needing to stop in can do so at my place for a shower, free camping (with beautiful Wind Creek state pk campground oly about 7 miles from my house. (all on beautiful Lake Martin. The state pk has a beautiful sand beach, shaded campsites (all of them) individual campsites OR a camp site with group areas with showers, wifi, charging for cell and GPS etc. Not sure cost, but is reasonable as hell, I'm sure. I can get that info and post up if anyone needs that info for trip planning.
Again, or free at my place. I have a shop at my office with covered work area (concrete also), full tools from welding to milling machines and 30 ton press, etc. I built some performance (Ultralight/Microlight type Rotax) aircraft engines in the late 90's and for World Air Games in 2003, out of that shop. Tools are the same as then mostly, so no CNC etc. All "Old School" type & appropriate for a 58 yr old hard headed engine nut! hehe

ANyway should be able to get anyone in our group, needing a patch here or there squared away, maybe...

Old 01-26-2015, 11:11 PM   #34
Banned

Idea!!

I'm a Dodge Cummins diesel truck owner modder since 1995. I am a memnber of a group of owners and entheausiasts thatfortunately have some VERY, VERY smart older retired Cummins and general truck and diesel geniuses as members/owners as well. These guys , many started businesses supplying parts and advice on modifying our trucks, and some are quite successfull now.
One guy started the Turbo Diesel Register (the owners group/club), and has a quarterly magazine he publishes (still ) and has a GREAT website with all the back issues etc. accessible on it.
One of the handiest things is the travel guide.
It has a list of members who have some tools, garage/shop space available, and, if wanted or needed (usually) reasonable shop rates for doing large and or small jobs, upgrades, and performance increases.
I think we should do that (club but definitely the travel guide. It lists camping in yard (or camper rent/some free use is offered), a camper spot to use while repairs are done (like a engine or transmission repair or rebuild, even.)
This site, Spud, is already done, and even better than a magazine!.
I think I'll do a new thread re this and see if others would like this as well. Might be usefull and FUN!
I cna tell there are LOTS of smart (and connected) guys and girls on here that can really help other owners and riders...Just need to get the word out on who has what, and what they are set up to offer (Like Kato & myself offer free camping) to Zong owners traveling.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:57 AM   #35

I don't have alot of fancy tools, but I think we can fix a Zong. We just have to find the tools. My shop is a mess from too many projects at one time.

Old 01-27-2015, 01:21 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by katoranger View Post
My shop is a mess from too many projects at one time.
Preach it, brother. I have the same disorder.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-27-2015, 05:01 PM   #37

I will burp it soon. If we get a new vehicle, my car is being moved out of the carport. Will want to park it in the shop then.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:48 PM   #38
Banned

Amen!

I didn't say my shop was tidy! Understand that for sure! However, when "roadsided" a messy shop.. shore looks inviting!

Old 01-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #39
Banned

By the way...

Kato, Love your sig! Dumpster divers...unanimous/anonymous! UNITE! hehe

Old 01-28-2015, 06:51 AM   #40
Banned

Mom's garage use...@83 yrs old;)!

Dad and I "went in" on a Christmas present for Mom a few yrs ago, when she was 79.
Her DREAM machine is (was then also) a rear tine tiller for her awesome garden!

Her old top engined tiller was about worn out and it was really too much for her to handle, much less start with a recoil starter.
I found a Troy Built, rear tine, (with reverse!)8.5 hp, dream machine (for her)! at Lowes that was a return for almost 50% off! They normally are 12-1500.00 for the large air inflated tired high output electric start models. Paid about $650.00! for it. SHe went nuts, and loves it as she can use it w/o assistance, even start it herself now. It can back out of the shed or garage etc. (or garden snafu's).
ANyway Dad gave her a like new Tahoe for Christmas the next year, and she was happy with that as it was her favorite vehicle and many of her friends had them as well.
Dad comes home in March, one beautiful Spring day, sees Tahoe in Dway, and tinks its getting a bath etc.
Pulls in his spot, and low and behold, the Tahoe has been displaced by the Tiller! hehe he was NOT pleased to say the least! hehe

After much discussion, probably some heated! there is now a nice shed at the Hill home, for tools and tiller storage! Dad's 4 wheeler now also is out of the garage and in the shed with the tiller as well... hehe Peace restored at the Hill home again...and some GREAT healthy veggies are regularly on the table, as well as on her catering company's menus!

TOOO Funny!!

HOWEVER, I'm claiming my messiness and garage "diversion(s)" are a result of genetics and is of a heredity induced nature! !

sooo, not my fault! hehe

Old 01-28-2015, 07:17 AM   #41

That's a good story.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-28-2015, 08:10 AM   #42
Banned

Thanks Spud... A REAL SERIOUS Adv ride. (my life now).

Sometimes life is soooo funny, especially with family hijinks! I think ALL families have these "hidden" idiosyncronicities!
When I was young(er, stuff bothered me a lot more...now after my health issues and battles, not so much.

Life becomes MUCH more clear and precious, as well as the reality we all are aware of but mostly is ignored: that's death, of course. The simple fact that no one gets out alive....the experience we ALL SHARE, unfortunately eventually. When I got my call, it was shocking and very difficult.
The fact that now, I may get a reprive/pardon for a few more years, possibly, is really awesome, and one reason for the purchase of my new RX-3.

I want to experience and see as much of our beautiful world as possible in the years left, and share all the hard earned, and frequently DEARLY paid for, things learned to get to age 58, and fighting Hepatitis C type 1.
2 yrs ago, my daughters Mom, (my ex, obviously) died of this exact same disease! My Dr (a 30+ yr longtime friend as well as a GREAT , caring, Dr.) called me with the unfortunate diagnossis.. EVen knowig that was most likely why I was tired, coudn't get any positive results from exercise and or physical activity, memory loss, fatigue, inability to stay motivated to work and take care of myself, much less others (as was usual to a couple yrs ago). It has always given me GREAT! satisfaction to help others any way I can. (Still does when I have a situation which allows that.)

Oh, by the way younger people on here...Its had been 25+ yrs since I had ANY body parts touch, or mor important, comingling of body fluids! I'm told its dormant for 25+ yrs (in my case)! 1985, POSSIBLY 1986!
She looked fine back then...a LOT like (model) Cheryl Teigs!, healthy and beautiful. Hers remained dormant also until she was mid 50's most likely, and I really worked HARD to find some help for her...just wasn't there, then. I believe clinical trials were finally done/completed about 14 months ago. (Chime in and correct me any "experts" on here...)

I am taking an anti viral, and a chemo type (or maybe oral chemo) called ribavirin. Rough stuff..I dread taking it, except I must to keep my immune system suppressed, non functioning to a large part, so the $1000.00! a DAY Sovaldi antiviral can kill the replication of the HepC virus, its Mode of virrus reduction, hopefully the cure eventually, that MAY take 6 months, IF I don't build a resistance to the Sovaldi. Then, of course, its the opposite outcome. Weak (from treatment...much like cancer treatment using chemo), and limited time to arrange affairs.

Its STILL hard to say that and comprehend...
ALso, weird (first time I ever shared this with ANYONE except close family, but I feel comfortable here, and that I am with like minded people. MAYBE someone is contemplating a test for something, etc (THAT little VOICE! in the back of your conciousness..I learned LISTEN to that! It, at least saves $. BUT there MAYbe much more at stake than a few $!! Hopefully not though...

ANyway, the trip home from California is an incentive for me to keep taking the drugs as I am supposed to, to keep on keeping on, and then to reward myself with the bike and ride home, a GREAT visit with my Son and a meeting , some Quality Time and visit with some of you guys!

Hopefully this post isn't inappropriate, and those of you having difficulties re health, finances, or in your personal lives, trust me...Its gonna be OK long term...and it can be MUCH, MUCH worse!

The generosity and offers to help other Rx-3 buyers is really uplifting..and makes my decision to stretch for it even more assured! No "buyers remorse" here. hehe

Old 01-28-2015, 10:01 AM   #43

Your comments are not the least bit inappropriate. We are very glad you joined us; you are among kindred souls. I wish you continued success in your battle against your illness, and I will remember you in my prayers.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894

Old 01-28-2015, 01:27 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Your comments are not the least bit inappropriate. We are very glad you joined us; you are among kindred souls. I wish you continued success in your battle against your illness, and I will remember you in my prayers.
Indeed. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer

Old 01-28-2015, 11:33 PM   #45

thillskier,

I'm new to the forum, but I've been around for 66+ years and greatly admire your zest for life. God speed your recovery, may you live a long and blessed life.

George